Tuesday, September 25, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Kamando
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2055

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 84
Total: 84
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › National Trails Day Camp-Out June 7th, Williams, Az
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
National Trails Day Camp-Out June 7th, Williams, Az
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss_Artoo
Trail Leader
Trail Leader

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: National Trails Day Camp-Out June 7th, Williams, Az Reply with quote

Awesome Shep! It should be some work but a lot of fun. I've been working with the ranger up there to help us find some nice camping areas so this should be good.

Man Zach I feel your pain...in my former life I worked in the printing industry and there were 4 years in a row that I had to work every Saturday...granted it was only for 4 hours, but it was enough to throw a wrench into any kind of plans. Confused

We will get some Sunday runs together soon, that seems to work out well.

Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: National Trails Day Camp-Out June 7th, Williams, Az Reply with quote

Yeah. I've done Saturdays for almost ten years in a row next month. In my business you have to work them or you might as well stay home all week. Smile

I think I might just have to organize a Sunday clean up or keep and eye out for Sunday events similar to the one you guys are going to do. It should be a lot of fun!
Miss_Artoo
Trail Leader
Trail Leader

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: National Trails Day Camp-Out June 7th, Williams, Az Reply with quote

Well, if you ever want to so a Sunday-Monday thing I have Mondays off until the end of August, and I'm sure there are some other people around here or on Expo that do too!

Trail Leader
Trail Leader

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: National Trails Day Camp-Out June 7th, Williams, Az Reply with quote

We are about a week and a half away! I was thinking it might be fun to hit some dirt on the way back to Phoenix Sunday, since we will have rushed up the I-17 for the event Saturday. I've found a route out on some forest roads that will lead us to Perkinsville and on down near Jerome. The road happens to meet up with the northern part of the Smiley Rock trail, so I figured we could run that back down to the 89A and into Prescott for lunch at the Gurley Street Grill. If theres time and we wanted to get real crazy we could take the Old Senators Highway back down to Crown King and Bumble Bee and on to Phoenix.

As for the forest road and Smiley Rock these are areas I've never been to before so please keep in mind there could be some desert pinstriping involved here. I've heard that Smiley Rock only has one difficult section, which has a bypass but maybe those who have ran it before can chime in. According to the AZ Backroads book its mostly dirt road except for the part through the canyon which turns into a wash and can be tight in areas. It's not a requirement for anyone to join us, I just thought it would be fun to hit a little dirt instead of just driving straight back to Phoenix on Sunday.

Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: National Trails Day Camp-Out June 7th, Williams, Az Reply with quote

I am in for all of that, including Senators and the rest!! Very Happy

check out my BLOG

Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Photo Gallery
SpeshulEd
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: National Trails Day Camp-Out June 7th, Williams, Az Reply with quote

If you guys take Senator Highway, watch out for that rock/stick that put a hole in my sidewall. Smile
HayRide
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: National Trails Day Camp-Out June 7th, Williams, Az Reply with quote

I'm sure we'll be in for all of it too! We will be meeting everyone at the trail head most likely on Saturday morning. We'll be in Flagstaff Friday night. Then after the trail clean up we need to dip back in to Flagstaff to pick up our dog who will be camping out with us!

Miss_Artoo
Trail Leader
Trail Leader

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: National Trails Day Camp-Out June 7th, Williams, Az Reply with quote

Sounds good! Shep, you guys still in? Sounds like we may have an extra person joining us on the Smiley Rock portion of the trip....Rex from EXPO.

Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: National Trails Day Camp-Out June 7th, Williams, Az Reply with quote

Haha, that'll be cool... last time I saw Rex I was making a complete fool of myself on Crown King. Took a strap from him a few times that run... Embarassed

check out my BLOG

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Photo Gallery
Shep
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: National Trails Day Camp-Out June 7th, Williams, Az Reply with quote

Miss_R2FJ wrote:
Sounds good! Shep, you guys still in? Sounds like we may have an extra person joining us on the Smiley Rock portion of the trip....Rex from EXPO.

That's a big 10-4! Still planning on being there with Cori and both the boys this time. And we'll be following along with you guys wherever time permits on Sunday WooHoo!! Can't wait!
tibaal89
Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: National Trails Day Camp-Out June 7th, Williams, Az Reply with quote

I hate to back out of cool stuff, but I think I'm gonna have to sit this one out... only two weekends before I leave for the CDE and could really use the time, plus somehow I didn't realize this was so far from me (confused with other town)...

Damn! Embarassed

check out my BLOG

Miss_Artoo
Trail Leader
Trail Leader

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: National Trails Day Camp-Out June 7th, Williams, Az Reply with quote

WHAAA??? I'm sorry sir, this is not allowed!

AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: National Trails Day Camp-Out June 7th, Williams, Az Reply with quote

I am trying o swing this. Can i confirm later in the week or do you need advance notice?
Miss_Artoo
Trail Leader
Trail Leader

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: National Trails Day Camp-Out June 7th, Williams, Az Reply with quote

I'd like to be able to give the Forest Service a number of people to expect just as a courtesy, but as long as I know to expect you so we don't leave without you I'd say by Friday would be cool!

Hope you can make it!

And as for you Mike, you have lots of time sir! Schools out!!

Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: National Trails Day Camp-Out June 7th, Williams, Az Reply with quote

Okay, we are not the type to do this at all, typically if we commit you can count on us. But we just moved into a house that we've done a great job at tearing up for a renovation, but haven't done such a great job at getting the actual renovation completed. So we're going to have to back out of this one to try and get some progress made on the house. It'll be nice to have floors and to actually have livable space other than our bedroom though!

We're SO SORRY about this and REALLY bummed, we've been looking forward to doing this for some time now. We truly feel terrible!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: