Sunday, December 16, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: jameswise
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2065

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 93
Total: 93
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › Sears Marine Batteries are up to 60% off!!!
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Sears Marine Batteries are up to 60% off!!!
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears Marine Batteries are up to 60% off!!! Reply with quote

It's in! Thanks for C-Fish for the posts! I also had to swap the terminals from my + - but that was easy. Only thing you may need is longer arms for the battery holder.

Sears again changed the price down to $234.00. Their pricing engine is crazy.
www.sears.com/shc/s/p_...850131000P

Homedad
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears Marine Batteries are up to 60% off!!! Reply with quote

Good work.

I looks like the Optima is gonna catch the hood piston???
1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears Marine Batteries are up to 60% off!!! Reply with quote

Homedad wrote:
Good work.

I looks like the Optima is gonna catch the hood piston???

Nope it clears it... We checked. Maybe I can borrow a SWAT Team pin hole camera and triple check... Very Happy

With that said we have discussed modifying the mount so the battery can be moved towards the driver side a couple of inches.
Wikid
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears Marine Batteries are up to 60% off!!! Reply with quote

It clears, but we want to move it a bit for other reasons. That was a come over Saturday morning and work all day fabbing the mount, then hooking everything in . It isn't perfect, but it will be damn close ,after his trip. I only had so much time to get it done

I am in competition with no one
I have no desire to play the game,
of being better than anyone
I am simply trying to be better,
than the person I was yesterday
1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears Marine Batteries are up to 60% off!!! Reply with quote

Wikid wrote:
It clears, but we want to move it a bit for other reasons. That was a come over Saturday morning and work all day fabbing the mount, then hooking everything in . It isn't perfect, but it will be damn close ,after his trip. I only had so much time to get it done

It's not my fault, it's not your fault, it's the asphalt!

Not to worry a great job was done in the time permitted. It would be sitting on paper towels or clay if it hadn't been for your help. Since I don't have any clay probably paper towels.
cytocycle
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears Marine Batteries are up to 60% off!!! Reply with quote

Sears is doing the Battery sale on Premium Platinum Marine/car batteries for $38-58 off. print out the price or buy it online and pickup ends today 7/22 I think based on the comments.

www.sears.com/diehard-...ockType=G1

I just bought a Group 34 for $183.99

or for a group 31 $231.99

Gunnermoose
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears Marine Batteries are up to 60% off!!! Reply with quote

cytocycle wrote:
Sears is doing the Battery sale on Premium Platinum Marine/car batteries for $38-58 off. print out the price or buy it online and pickup ends today 7/22 I think based on the comments.

www.sears.com/diehard-...ockType=G1

or for a group 31 $231.99

Thanks for the tip! Went down and picked it up. The salesman did not believe it until he looked up himself.

cytocycle
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears Marine Batteries are up to 60% off!!! Reply with quote

Excellent! My Battery wasn't dead but it has been losing charge rather fast and leaking (stock factory battery) so this was a good opportunity

Yeah my Sears guy was the same saying online it would be shipping costs and when he pulled it up he was surprised and had to price match their own website.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears Marine Batteries are up to 60% off!!! Reply with quote

NO more platinum batteries for YOU! (Still on the website though)
www.facebook.com/photo...2059659834

No more warranty either. Nor a size that will fit your FJ.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Thoreau
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears Marine Batteries are up to 60% off!!! Reply with quote

Damn, this thread brings back memories...

So i guess I originally bought one of the P-5 models, still an AGM, but much smaller. had that sitting on the charger at home and in the last couple months noticed that the charger was indicating that it was getting weak. Used it just for camping backup really, so no biggie.

Today, and a little bit yesterday, the big old PM1 started turning over mega-slow. It hasn't sat on the charger for a while, but even when it was weak in the past, it really didn't seem to be THAT sluggish. So I figured 6 years of off road, many electronics, and AZ heat is pretty good for $121, and went on the battery hunt.

Swapped the even weaker P-5 in, and also confirmed alternator isn't pooched (again) and headed over to Batteries Plus for this little bugger...

www.batteriesplus.com/...li27fagmdp

10% corp discount, and $20 mail in rebate made it a tiny bit less painful.

Actually seems to be about the same size as the PM-1 was (and just as heavy.) Swapped it for the battery that even my charger is giving up on, and life is good.

Got that PM1 sitting on the charger now, with all green lights, so hopefully it'll be able to recover it nicely to keep being used as a backup and for camping trips. Everyone knows that a car alternator doesn't put out the right voltage to properly charge these rebadged odysseys, so I splurged some time ago for a charger specifically capable of doing so, and periodically slap the batteries on it:

www.amazon.com/gp/prod...UTF8&psc=1

Homedad wrote:
What are the odds of shooting at an FJ and not getting shot back???
AZFJTOY
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears Marine Batteries are up to 60% off!!! Reply with quote

Any idea who makes your new battery? The specs and warranty look good and $300 is a decent price. I still have an Odyssey PC2150 that's at least 10 years old and doing service in an RV trailer paired with an equivalent Diehard.

calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Sears Marine Batteries are up to 60% off!!! Reply with quote

AZFJTOY wrote:
Any idea who makes your new battery?

The OEM manufacture of X2Power
www.northstarbattery.com/products

Now that you know the manufacture... how does it sway your opinion one way or the other?

perhaps this sways you:
www.impactbattery.com/...ows-about/

how do I know .. just one mention:
www.tacomaworld.com/th...t-13437866

but I think you can tell from the product page these are the same battery NorthStar == X2 Power
AZFJTOY
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears Marine Batteries are up to 60% off!!! Reply with quote

That is what I had wondered, if Odyssey had anything to do with it. I noticed the design and specs were very much like the Odyssey PC2150. Good warranty, too.

Thanks for the links, cali.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: