Thursday, October 18, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: bmbFJ
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2057

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 172
Total: 173
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: Kamando > Forums

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › Sears Marine Batteries are up to 60% off!!!
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Sears Marine Batteries are up to 60% off!!!
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thoreau
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears Marine Batteries are up to 60% off!!! Reply with quote

see pics in c-fish's document for an identical clone photo of what's under my hood with regards to battery install =)

Battery + the little lead adapter deals = wiring fits like a charm. hangs off the edge of the battery tray on the side towards the engine maybe 1/4-1/2in, but definitely isn't going anywhere.

Homedad wrote:
What are the odds of shooting at an FJ and not getting shot back???
AZFJTOY
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears Marine Batteries are up to 60% off!!! Reply with quote

Thoreau wrote:
see pics in c-fish's document for an identical clone photo of what's under my hood with regards to battery install =)

Battery + the little lead adapter deals = wiring fits like a charm. hangs off the edge of the battery tray on the side towards the engine maybe 1/4-1/2in, but definitely isn't going anywhere.

Thanks, that link answered my questions.
Thoreau
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Sears Marine Batteries are up to 60% off!!! Reply with quote

AZFJTOY wrote:
Thoreau wrote:

Thanks, that link answered my questions.

Yup, the one he posted on page 1 of this thread.

Homedad wrote:
microbe
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears Marine Batteries are up to 60% off!!! Reply with quote

The PM-2 is $164.99. $55 off regular price
www.sears.com/shc/s/p_...850134000P
I was thinking about getting 2 with one being primary and the other as the secondary battery. Thoughts?
Thoreau
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears Marine Batteries are up to 60% off!!! Reply with quote

Looks to be rated a bit higher in the CCA department than the OEM battery, and being AGM construction and made by Odyssey, I'd certainly call it a good battery choice =)

Better specs than the P-5 I used to run even:
www.sears.com/diehard-...ockType=G1

Only snag with the PM-2 is the terminals are backwards. Might be a PITA to wire it up in the primary position. Secondary wouldn't be a problem though.

Homedad wrote:
microbe
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears Marine Batteries are up to 60% off!!! Reply with quote

Didn't see the terminals reversed. Thanks. I bought one battery today.
nimrag
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears Marine Batteries are up to 60% off!!! Reply with quote

The terminal are reversed on my P2, but it is an easy fix. Add a longer ground cable and you can get the extra length you need out of the positive cable.

donkeypuncher
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Sears Marine Batteries are up to 60% off!!! Reply with quote

nimrag wrote:
The terminal are reversed on my P2, but it is an easy fix. Add a longer ground cable and you can get the extra length you need out of the positive cable.

Confused Shocked Shocked

bushwacker
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Sears Marine Batteries are up to 60% off!!! Reply with quote

How well would this battery and an Everlast Yellow top work with a dual battery kit?

conejo
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Sears Marine Batteries are up to 60% off!!! Reply with quote

You can add me to the PM-1 havers list now. Just went in this am and got one to replace my failing yellow top.

KF7YII
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Sears Marine Batteries are up to 60% off!!! Reply with quote

Can anyone help me find a Battery Tray for a size 65A battery? I'm ready to do the Dual Battery thing.
Recommendations on Dual Battery Kit?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Angry_Tim
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears Marine Batteries are up to 60% off!!! Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Can anyone help me find a Battery Tray for a size 65A battery? I'm ready to do the Dual Battery thing.
Recommendations on Dual Battery Kit?

What is a 65A battery? Is that amp hours? Is that the battery group?
Most pre-made trays go by battery group size - 24,27,34,31 etc.
Buy a AGM marine battery as they are made to run down then be charged back up. You should be looking at a group 34 as it will fit in the engine bay without having to relocate things to make room. Look for one that has most reserve capacity so all of you added electronics can run off it.
The National Luna kit is very simple to install, yes there may be less expensive dual battery setups out there but you get what you pay for.

i'm glad i figured out your shaft was already f'ed up
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears Marine Batteries are up to 60% off!!! Reply with quote

IT's group 65A. I have a spare battery out of my F250 that is still OK (From the dual battery set up in that) and it's bigger than your typical AGM optima. It' is only a temporary fix since I'm planning on buying a marine battery in the future. Just can't afford all of it right away.

Will be going with the National Luna system, as soon as Finn and I work out the details.

THis puppy has 600 CCA.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
blue10
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears Marine Batteries are up to 60% off!!! Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
IT's group 65A. I have a spare battery out of my F250 that is still OK (From the dual battery set up in that) and it's bigger than your typical AGM optima. It' is only a temporary fix since I'm planning on buying a marine battery in the future. Just can't afford all of it right away.

Will be going with the National Luna system, as soon as Finn and I work out the details.

THis puppy has 600 CCA.

It says NASCAR on it, so it has to be good......or so hopes some pinhead on Exide's marketing team.

“The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools.”

KF7WSA
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears Marine Batteries are up to 60% off!!! Reply with quote

LOL - Mine doesn't say Nascar, but it does have dirt on it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: