Friday, May 26, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: LifestyleOverland
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1932

People Online:
Members: 2
Visitors: 49
Total: 51
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: ColoradoBound > Forums
02: toyo22r > Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › Jack Olsen's Garage lift.
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Jack Olsen's Garage lift.
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pack-smart
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Jack Olsen's Garage lift. Reply with quote

Check it out. I have a new set of goals.

I first saw it in feb handy man magazine. That is the coolest thing i have ever seen.

I have been thinking about an auto lift for many years but this takes the cake. Its there when you need it and its gone when you don't.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW7stTg-FDQ
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Jack Olsen's Garage lift. Reply with quote

One critical flaw - the lift pretty much obscures everything you would need to get to on the bottom, except the tires.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
CopDoc
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Jack Olsen's Garage lift. Reply with quote

Awsome but I'll have to agree with Jimbo. But if I only had a garage---or even a floor.

I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six
JackOlsen
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Jack Olsen's Garage lift. Reply with quote

Thanks for noticing my garage, pack-smart. The lift wouldn't make sense for most guys, but it's perfect for my 911. The rear-engine layout means the lift only obscures the car's flat belly pan. Everything serviceable -- engine, transaxle, suspension, wheels -- is easy to access. And like you say, when it's in the down position, it's just flat floor.

The cool thing about the lift was that it's American made (by Vestil) and I got it for $455, second-hand. Even with everything I needed for the install, the total cost was only $670.

Here's a video on the whole garage:

www.youtube.com/v/rKhoGFBMsrM

And here's a shot of my CJ7 on it, just for fun. I don't use the lift for the CJ because (in the 19 years I've owned it) the CJ never breaks.

Here it is all nice and clean. But I've had the engine out of the track car twice in the past six months. Did a bottom-end rebuild of the motor and refreshed the suspension. The place was very messy for a few months.

For the full details on the garage, go to the Garage Journal thread on it.

Jack Olsen
Old Porsche
Old Jeep
Old Garage
okiefj
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Jack Olsen's Garage lift. Reply with quote

Thrush Exhaust System
Loudass Stereo
azeyecap
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Jack Olsen's Garage lift. Reply with quote

Sweet Porsche, I love the 80's 911's with the big wing.
Thunderklees
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Jack Olsen's Garage lift. Reply with quote

I am guessing it is a 72.
Finn
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Jack Olsen's Garage lift. Reply with quote

Its magic. Whenever there's a thread going about someone they appear. Just like fjnewb a couple weeks ago... It must be magic or somthing.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Jack Olsen's Garage lift. Reply with quote

LOLZ

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
brianr
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: Jack Olsen's Garage lift. Reply with quote

wow

lame.

2012 FJC; stock like a mofo.
Angry_Tim
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Jack Olsen's Garage lift. Reply with quote

brianr wrote:
wow

lame.

Welcome to the world of jimbolio.

Oh and that is a pretty sweet garage.

i'm glad i figured out your shaft was already f'ed up
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Jack Olsen's Garage lift. Reply with quote

IT WAS A JOKE Emphasizing FINN's Point....How could you have MISSED that Angry_Tim

I think it is a really cool garage too...But I gotta get my jealous licks in.

azminiman
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Jack Olsen's Garage lift. Reply with quote

When we added our 3rd car garage, we recessed the center of the floor for a sissor lift so we could work on our MINIs and the FJ.. Now if I could stop getting laid off, we will actually buy the lift..

tibaal89
Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Jack Olsen's Garage lift. Reply with quote

That is crazy cool...

check out my BLOG

Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Photo Gallery
tanman
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Jack Olsen's Garage lift. Reply with quote

That is an impressively clean and organized garage. No way will I put my mess on display, but I can point anyone to where a particular part or tool is within about a foot or it's actual location. Wink

The floor of that impressive garage might not be too practical if that is real tile on the floor. Dropping parts and tools on a tile floor would be bad news.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: