Tuesday, June 25, 2019

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: donp443
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2093

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 46
Total: 46
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › Wrench Party - April 13th
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Wrench Party - April 13th
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject: Wrench Party - April 13th Reply with quote

It’s time for a good old AZFJ wrench party. Bring your parts and get them installed cheap!! (Lunch and drinks). If you plan on attend please let me know what you need done to your vehicle or if you’re just going to hang out so I have a close headcount. Plenty of parking and working area. If no one has work then we can just sit around and hangout.

Details:
67th Ave and Happy valley. I will pm my address out as needed as I don’t want to just post it everywhere.

What to bring:
Chairs, drinks, tools, jacks, jack stands, mods, etc.

What I’m asking not to bring:
Air compressors (I have a small and medium sized one available, you may bring air lines if you have air tools as mine are all run through the roof of my garage) obviously vehicle mounted compressors are totally fine.

This is an opportunity for everyone to get some work done cheap. Event will be free however courtesy is if you’re getting work done you’re responsible for lunch and beer. (Pizza or I have a large grill out back). This is the chance to learn about our rigs and be more comfortable working on them in the future.

If you are traveling from far I will confirm but backyard camping should be okay Saturday night. If plan to camp please let me know ahead of time as well as if you have a trailer or motor home.

beach-cruiser
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Wrench Party - April 13th Reply with quote

Looking forward to it. I'll bring my CV's that need to get done on the FJ and maybe the GX to get some trimming done. Oh, and some cold beverages too. Thanks for hosting!

Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: Wrench Party - April 13th Reply with quote

This sounds like a great time!
Good way for AZFJers to get together!
I don’t think I can make it up, from Tucson, but if I can break something before then I will let you know!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Dominic.08FJ
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Wrench Party - April 13th Reply with quote

I'd love to swing by and atleast say hey! Happy to give a hand wrenching too. I think all I have are some led cubes that I want to install but that's nothing major Haha. What time are you thinking?!
BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Wrench Party - April 13th Reply with quote

Dominic.08FJ wrote:
I'd love to swing by and atleast say hey! Happy to give a hand wrenching too. I think all I have are some led cubes that I want to install but that's nothing major Haha. What time are you thinking?!

Scheduled to start at 9am and go till finished I guess? I don’t have anything else to do but paint FJ parts so. And as a reminder to everyone I will be pming you my address probably Friday night but that intersection is basically it.

Dominic.08FJ
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Wrench Party - April 13th Reply with quote

Sounds good. I work in the morning for a couple hours then I'll probably just swing by after. I just checked and my new brake pads and rotors should be in Friday so I may end up bringing those and a case o beer so we can knock it out 😬
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: Wrench Party - April 13th Reply with quote

I don't have anything to install or mod on the truck currently, but I got time to swing by lend a hand and share a few cold beverages.
BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Wrench Party - April 13th Reply with quote

calichaos wrote:
I don't have anything to install or mod on the truck currently, but I got time to swing by lend a hand and share a few cold beverages.

Great!! I’ll finally get to meet you if I haven’t already (I sometimes forget when in large groups) It looks like we’ll have a suspension or two and some other miscellaneous stuff to install.

Brandon87
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Wrench Party - April 13th Reply with quote

I (thought) I had received my entire shipment form Desert Rat. I was wrong until I opened the box last night. Good thing I checked. I got SPC upper control arms, four coilers and only TWO shocks/struts. The last two shocks won't arrive until the 15th.

Question for you guys - can we install only the upper control arms this weekend? Or should all these items be installed at once?

I'm so irritated with Desert Rat right now.

Brandon87
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Wrench Party - April 13th Reply with quote

I thought I had received my entire shipment form Desert Rat. I was wrong. Opened up the box last night just to make sure I received all items. I did not. I got SPC upper control arms, four coil overs and only TWO shocks/struts. The last two shocks won't arrive until the 15th.

Question for you guys - can we install only the upper control arms this weekend? Or should all these items be installed at once?

BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Wrench Party - April 13th Reply with quote

Brandon87 wrote:
I thought I had received my entire shipment form Desert Rat. I was wrong. Opened up the box last night just to make sure I received all items. I did not. I got SPC upper control arms, four coil overs and only TWO shocks/struts. The last two shocks won't arrive until the 15th.

We can install the uppers. Just know you’ll want an alignment after the users if you drive a ways and it’s gonna be more then a week before the lift is installed. That being said we can teach you how to put the lift on so you’re ready when the time comes. They’re pretty easy.

Brandon87
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Wrench Party - April 13th Reply with quote

BucketBoy wrote:
Brandon87 wrote:

We can install the uppers. Just know you’ll want an alignment after the users if you drive a ways and it’s gonna be more then a week before the lift is installed. That being said we can teach you how to put the lift on so you’re ready when the time comes. They’re pretty easy.

OK, great. At least we can get something accomplished this weekend Smile. I'm aware that I'll be needing an alignment - I'm going to get the lifetime alignment from Firestone.

Looking forward to meeting all of you this weekend. Cheers.

Dominic.08FJ
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Wrench Party - April 13th Reply with quote

My brake kit came in today! Super pumped. Cross drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads for both front and rear. Very excited to install. The fj currently has the same setup but needs to be replaced very badly in the rear. Pretty stoked for saturday to meet more AZFJ fam and install these brakes!
CRAZYJOHN
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Wrench Party - April 13th Reply with quote

so how did this wrench party go????? Bucketboy

BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Wrench Party - April 13th Reply with quote

Sorry for the delayed update. Cali-chaos went first to bat and we swapped one of his LCAs and both his CV axles. (Other LCA was stuck no matter what we did). Then we moved him out of the garage and moved Brandon in for his UCA’s. Once we ran and picked up a can of PB blaster they went in quick. After that no one else has stuff to install so we called it a day. Speaking of which Brandon do you want to finish up installing that lift? Shoot me a text if you see this (623) 3nine9 three76one. I’m home(ish) for the summer so let’s find a day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: