Monday, June 18, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: TheMissingLink
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2023

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 118
Total: 118
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › Friday night campfire's in Tucson
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Friday night campfire's in Tucson
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shooter
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Friday night campfire's in Tucson Reply with quote

Jim I just tried the link and it said I didn't have permission to view it.
TOY4WD
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Friday night campfire's in Tucson Reply with quote

land.az.gov/natural-re...al-permits

Here's the link to buy your state trust land permit if don't have one. This area requires you to have a permit.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Friday night campfire's in Tucson Reply with quote

Shooter wrote:
Jim I just tried the link and it said I didn't have permission to view it.

Sorry, try it now, set it to public

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Shooter
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Friday night campfire's in Tucson Reply with quote

TOY4WD wrote:
https://land.az.gov/natural-resources/recreational-permits

Here's the link to buy your state trust land permit if don't have one. This area requires you to have a permit.

Thanks, we have ours.
Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Friday night campfire's in Tucson Reply with quote

OK!
We have a run suggestion for the Saturday after the Bonfire on 3/16/18!!

Solero-Bull Springs Trail (FR 143) 2.0*

www.azfj.org/index.php...ums&t=1943

azoffroading.com/arizo...ings-road/

The Mighty Jimbolio has offered to lead this run into some fine desert backroads.

You can camp at the Bonfire or meet up in the morning at a soon to be determined location!!

Who is in??

Maltajo
Jimbolio

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Friday night campfire's in Tucson Reply with quote

Here's a link to the Saturday run. I'll be Camping in my Hammock out at the Campfire.

3.17.18 St. Paddy's run:
azfj.org/index.php?nam...188#226188

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Shooter
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Friday night campfire's in Tucson Reply with quote

We checked out the bonfire location and have rented a Moby 1 for the weekend. We want to go on the Sat run but don't know if we want to pull the trailer. Would the run be conducive to pulling a trailer without damage since it doesn't belong to us? If not is there a suggestion of where we could leave it while we participated in the run. n

Really looking forward to our first camp out in since coming to AZ 15 years ago. Nancy still isn't too keen on it but she agreed to give it a whirl.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Friday night campfire's in Tucson Reply with quote

I pulled my M100 over this trail the last time I did it. This will not be an out and back. We won't be returning to our start point so you kinda have to bring it with.

Should have no issue (At least the last time we went there was no issue) but you never know.

Ask 4Guagesuprise what can happen.

mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Friday night campfire's in Tucson Reply with quote

Shooter wrote:
We checked out the bonfire location and have rented a Moby 1 for the weekend. We want to go on the Sat run but don't know if we want to pull the trailer. Would the run be conducive to pulling a trailer without damage since it doesn't belong to us? If not is there a suggestion of where we could leave it while we participated in the run. n

Really looking forward to our first camp out in since coming to AZ 15 years ago. Nancy still isn't too keen on it but she agreed to give it a whirl.

Are you planning to camp Saturday night as well?

I was going to suggest you could leave the trailer at my house that day. It would be back tracking to get it from amado though. I’m in Vail. Near exit 279. Houghton meetup is at exit 275.

What about Maltajo? He lives on NW side. Maybe he would keep it safe for the day?

I don’t think the trail is anything the trailer can’t handle. But it will make your experience different.
Shooter
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Friday night campfire's in Tucson Reply with quote

mod_muscle wrote:
Shooter wrote:

I was going to suggest you could leave the trailer at my house that day. It would be back tracking to get it from amado though. I’m in Vail. Near exit 279. Houghton meetup is at exit 275.

What about Maltajo? He lives on NW side. Maybe he would keep it safe for the day?

I don’t think the trail is anything the trailer can’t handle. But it will make your experience different.
Shooter
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Friday night campfire's in Tucson Reply with quote

We would love to leave the camper at someone's house and don't mind back tracking. We are really just winging this and don't know where we might camp Saturday night. We are open to suggestions, we will need to be heading to Flagstaff Sunday morning.
Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Friday night campfire's in Tucson Reply with quote

Shooter wrote:
mod_muscle wrote:
Shooter wrote:

Yes indeed! You are more than welcome to leave it at my place for the day.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Shooter
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Friday night campfire's in Tucson Reply with quote

Super. We can talk more at the bonfire.
Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Friday night campfire's in Tucson Reply with quote

Shooter wrote:
We would love to leave the camper at someone's house and don't mind back tracking. We are really just winging this and don't know where we might camp Saturday night. We are open to suggestions, we will need to be heading to Flagstaff Sunday morning.

You might want to Check out Catalina State Park for camp grounds for Saturday night?

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Friday night campfire's in Tucson Reply with quote

Maltajo wrote:
Shooter wrote:

You might want to Check out Catalina State Park for camp grounds for Saturday night?

Seconded

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 40 of 42

Jump to: