Sunday, April 30, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Viperchick76
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1919

People Online:
Members: 2
Visitors: 72
Total: 74
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: Jimbolio > Forums
02: MudBoat > Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Arizona Trail Reviews › Bloody Basin Road - 2.0
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Bloody Basin Road - 2.0
Arizona Trail Reviews only, one thread per trail please!
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexArizona Trail Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4GRAINR
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Bloody Basin Road - 2.0 Reply with quote

Did Bloody Basin today from I-17 to Sheep Bridge ... no worries at all. Totally passable in stock FJ (unless there is a storm or heavy rain). I saw a 2WD Wrangler convoy taking it slow. Smile

GPS location of Sheep Bridge (since I couldn't find this online anywhere!): N 34 04.678, W 111 42.495

Google map of Sheep Bridge: maps.google.com/maps?q...-111.70825

Some photos from today's run of Bloody Basin:

Cool old cabin we found slightly off the main road:

Friends don't let friends paint flames on trucks ...

Some photos of Sheep Bridge:

Last edited by 4GRAINR on Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
tibaal89
Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Bloody Basin Road - 2.0 Reply with quote

Is that a pumpkin next to the truck? Laughing

check out my BLOG

Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Photo Gallery
4GRAINR
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Bloody Basin Road - 2.0 Reply with quote

tibaal89 wrote:

Yeah. It was really strange that place. It looked like people shot up the truck, then put stuff on the truck to shoot at in the ditch. All sorts of odds and ends scattered about around there.
Cypher
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Bloody Basin Road - 2.0 Reply with quote

Great pics! I need to visit this area before it gets any hotter. What were the temps up there?

As for the flame painted, shot up truck.. There have been a number of my friends and I have been talking about trying to recover that truck, just to get it out of there.

blipski
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Bloody Basin Road - 2.0 Reply with quote

I just did this trail today along with Seven Springs, I would say Bloody Basin is even easier than Seven Springs Rd, which I guess was recently smoothed out.

There's a small hill you can drive up about 7 miles from the Seven Springs intersection that has good views of the basin/valley. Not sure if the basin is Bloody Basin or another one. I'll upload some coordinates later. Makes a nice point to take some photos of the FJ!
Pauly
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Bloody Basin Road - 2.0 Reply with quote

Sportsmans werehouse is selling bushmaster ar-15s for 800 bucks. Critters beware.

FJCACHR
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Bloody Basin Road - 2.0 Reply with quote

I did this trail today. Went from Cave Creek to Sheep Bridge then out via Bloody Basin. Easy trail. The last 6 miles to the Sheep's Bridge is a little bit more bumpy then the other main trails. River looked to be flowing high and I forgot to note the coords of where to cross so we didn't attempt it. Probably good since we were alone and in a stock FJ. Very scenic drive.

justin0150
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Bloody Basin Road - 2.0 Reply with quote

We went to Bloody Basin and took it to the sheep bridge and then back out at Carefree today. It was a very easy trail but very scenic. We saw a Kia SUV out there also, so I would rate this very easy but a good time. Thanks to 4GRAINR for the coordinates!!! Here are a few pics from today.

Cactus Man crawling up the rocks

WildBill
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Bloody Basin Road - 2.0 Reply with quote

4GRAINR wrote:
tibaal89 wrote:

Yeah. It was really strange that place. It looked like people shot up the truck, then put stuff on the truck to shoot at in the ditch. All sorts of odds and ends scattered about around there.
Ive got a pic of that same truck from 2 years ago

cjhollenshead
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Bloody Basin Road - 2.0 Reply with quote

Has anyone tried the route through horseshoe resevoir? Spits you out on the other side of the river at sheeps crossing. Did the carefree route on sat, nice drive was dissapointed by the amount of people there as we were camping but had a good time. Going to try the horseshoe route soon and hopefully find a more private area.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Arizona Trail Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: