Saturday, November 17, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: gadzoom
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2061

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 172
Total: 172
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › Sunday 7/10 Happy Valley run (Tucson)
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Sunday 7/10 Happy Valley run (Tucson)
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deaz
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Sunday 7/10 Happy Valley run (Tucson) Reply with quote

Kinda short notice.

Anyone interested in an exploration of the Happy Valley area? I've never been back there, would like to see if can loop around from Mescal Rd. to Happy Valley area, return through Reddington Pass?

Don't know difficulty, don't know conditions, don't know how long we'd be out there, just a general exploration day. With the monsoons, could be interesting.

Meet: Houghton/I-10
Time: 10AM

IN:
deaz
jimbolio
CopDoc (If his FJ isn't in pieces)

Last edited by deaz on Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Sunday 7/10 Happy Valley run (Tucson) Reply with quote

Normally - the happy valley road is a 1-1.5. If it rains, you can get in washes up to your fenders. (Done it). This was SNOW melt though, not Monsoon flash floods. Cool waterfall back there I can take you to.

www.kodakgallery.com/g...:189776152

I was last out there in 2010
www.scouttroop141.org/...0Main.html

There are Mountain Lions back there.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
CopDoc
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Sunday 7/10 Happy Valley run (Tucson) Reply with quote

If I get my FJ back together in time I'm in.

I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six
deaz
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Sunday 7/10 Happy Valley run (Tucson) Reply with quote

So where and when do you guys want to meet?
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Sunday 7/10 Happy Valley run (Tucson) Reply with quote

My recommendation 10:00 Hougton/I-10.
Lunch in Happy Valley Sycamores.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
deaz
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Sunday 7/10 Happy Valley run (Tucson) Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
My recommendation 10:00 Hougton/I-10.
Lunch in Happy Valley Sycamores.

Kinda what I was thinking.

First post edited.
Fireplug725
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Sunday 7/10 Happy Valley run (Tucson) Reply with quote

Doc what you do to the FJ I wont be able to make run as I am working but Im of the 9th if you need me to come get the FJ back together. What happened to it??

Jim also got your step put back into shape minus the rock pin striping, let me know when you wanna hook up or come by the station and get it.
Angry_Tim
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Sunday 7/10 Happy Valley run (Tucson) Reply with quote

Fireplug725 wrote:
Doc what you do to the FJ I wont be able to make run as I am working but Im of the 9th if you need me to come get the FJ back together. What happened to it??

Jim also got your step put back into shape minus the rock pin striping, let me know when you wanna hook up or come by the station and get it.

Yo Chris I still have your floor jack, but after this all time there could be some sort of technicality and now it belongs to me. Very Happy Call me or PM and I can get it to you.

i'm glad i figured out your shaft was already f'ed up
CopDoc
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Sunday 7/10 Happy Valley run (Tucson) Reply with quote

Fireplug725 wrote:

Hry Chris, nice to hear from ya Pal. I dented my middle rock skid plate at Box Canyon. What I'm doing is to get a sledge hammer and pound it straight then reinstall it. I hesitate to drive it any more than I have to till I get her pounded out. I'm not sure I understand Jim and the step thingy????

Thanks Chris,

Doc

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Sunday 7/10 Happy Valley run (Tucson) Reply with quote

Fireplug725 wrote:

I can cruise by the station next time you are on shift on a weekday. I'll be Tulie hopping with Deaz on Sunday Smile

COPDOC:
I have a Ginormous sledge that I used to 'adjust' jeebus's AllPro Skid back into position and<sarchasm> near pristine condition</sarchasm>. It worked Great as long as you have a solid surface like concrete to bang against. I was surprised I didn't have to heat it up to bend it back into place,
Jeebus had quite the MOAB "V" in the middle of it. now it looks like this:

Let me know if you need to borrow it.

CopDoc
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Sunday 7/10 Happy Valley run (Tucson) Reply with quote

That's great Jimbo. I'll need you to stand by while I bang it out so you can call 911 when its time. I have another clinic I'm starting to cover with the other two but next week I'm only on Monday so if you can get together, any time after that or even this week end is good with me. I've got it strapped down to the cross bars on the roof. I had forgoten how heavey these things are. Anyway, anything cept Monday is good. Sometime this comming week I need to go to Phoenix to get that front end stuff from Kurt so let me know what day is good for you.

Doc

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: Sunday 7/10 Happy Valley run (Tucson) Reply with quote

Sunday - Out with Deaz
Monday - Boy scout stuff
Tuesday - Boy Scout stuff
Wed - Fri Avail. I could just swing by on the way home from work at Ruthruff/Lacholla.

deaz
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Sunday 7/10 Happy Valley run (Tucson) Reply with quote

Any other takers?
BlueMax
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Sunday 7/10 Happy Valley run (Tucson) Reply with quote

deaz wrote:
Any other takers?

well, if you can stand a new Tucsonan, Id like to tag along. I dont have my trail toolbox(compressor, chains ,snatch strap, etc, since they are coming in the household goods shipment - by Jul 30, Im told). But the truck is road ready, and if the road is not too tought, Id like to meet y'all.

family included?

...and when you say lunch at HV Sycamores - is that a restaurant or do I bring lunch for under the trees??

Fireplug725
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Sunday 7/10 Happy Valley run (Tucson) Reply with quote

Hey Tim Sorry maybe I can Bribe it back from you with some Beer and wings!!! I give you a call this week now that fires have died down maybe wednesday.

Jim come by thursday Im Capt that day and our schedule is open, come by and have lunch.

Doc my good friend If you like Im off Wed you can come by the house. Ill open up the shop and break out the BFH

And when we get done we can throw it back on for you. if not we should also do Beer and Wings soon!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: