Tuesday, August 21, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Kowboy26
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2048

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 99
Total: 99
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Land Use › Fire restrictions
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Fire restrictions
Meetings, access issues, cleanups, news, land use info.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZFJTOY
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Fire restrictions Reply with quote

azflycaster1 wrote:
I'm pickin one of these up this week!

www.cabelas.com/produc...t104323680

Or this, with free ship:

www.amazon.com/Volcano...ropane+kit

azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Fire restrictions Reply with quote

AZFJTOY wrote:
azflycaster1 wrote:

Or this, with free ship:

I like the idea of the lava rocks and flame. I've camped may of times up on the rim during fire bans, the bugs have been so bad my LED lantern went dark! From the review it throws decent heat and flame to burn those suckers up!

progolfer_20
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Fire restrictions Reply with quote

I have a camp fire in a can from amazon...that thing attracts tons of bugs. Its an OK fire if you like small fires. I like to have huge fires. We don't ban fires in Montana and its pretty damn dry for the last 20 years....also get fireworks up there. Are people just more stupid down here?? Why all the fire bans?

azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Fire restrictions Reply with quote

Uh, Montana dosn't even know what the word dry means.... I've had hundreds of quarter sized harmless giant yellow and turquoise beetles attack my lantern.....

Angry_Tim
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Fire restrictions Reply with quote

progolfer_20 wrote:
I have a camp fire in a can from amazon...that thing attracts tons of bugs. Its an OK fire if you like small fires. I like to have huge fires. We don't ban fires in Montana and its pretty damn dry for the last 20 years....also get fireworks up there. Are people just more stupid down here?? Why all the fire bans?

So go back to Montana.

i'm glad i figured out your shaft was already f'ed up
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Fire restrictions Reply with quote

progolfer_20 wrote:

Because there's only like 60 people in Montana, and they don't build their houses next to trees.

AZFJTOY wrote:
azflycaster1 wrote:

Or this, with free ship:

Doesn't Expeditioneers sell these? Support local?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
AZFJTOY
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Fire restrictions Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Or this, with free ship:

Doesn't Expeditioneers sell these? Support local?[/quote]

Probably, I got mine from Homedad, but I was looking for a quick link. I guess he was more interested in a fire than a meat grill.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Fire restrictions Reply with quote

Coronado National Forest officials and other federal land managers in southern Arizona are imposing new fire restrictions starting Thursday due to dry conditions.

The campfire and smoking restrictions are consistent with those that the Arizona State Forestry Division already has in place statewide.

Campfire and smoking restrictions are already in effect in national forests in northern, central and eastern Arizona.

In southern Arizona, the restrictions taking effect Thursday apply to the Gila District of the Bureau of Land Management, all districts of Coronado National Forest and Saguaro National Park.

The restrictions will also apply in Casa Grande Ruins National Monument, Coronado National Memorial, Chiricahua National Monument, Fort Bowie National Historic Site, Tumacacori National Historical Park, and Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Pauly
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Fire restrictions Reply with quote

Pretty normal this time of year.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Fire restrictions Reply with quote

Yeah, I guess things are pretty Dry out there

Found a neat story about a guy near Gila Bend
above-the-norm.blogspo...esert.html

KaJeep
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Fire restrictions Reply with quote

Looks like we camped just in time to beat fire restrictions in Coronado. (Last weekend)
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Fire restrictions Reply with quote

Redington Pass on Fire
Firefighters say a fire smoldering in a mountain pass on the outskirts of Tucson is now 80 percent contained and much smaller than previously estimated.

Coronado National Forest officials say the Redington Fire has burned 30 acres in Redington Pass between the Catalina and Rincon mountains.

They say a previous 125-acre estimate was off because of steep terrain in the fire area.

The fire started late Saturday and crews were assisted early on by air tankers that dropped retardant.

Fire officials say some equipment has been released to other assignments but that firefighters continue working to suppress hot spots.

The fire was human caused. It remains under investigation.

I guess someone was a scofflaw at the Fire Restrictions

cruiser.308
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Fire restrictions Reply with quote

Damn hikers!

Angry_Tim
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Fire restrictions Reply with quote

I saw a quick graphic on the news - So far in 2014 there have been 364 wildfires in AZ............ 358 have been human caused.

i'm glad i figured out your shaft was already f'ed up
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Fire restrictions Reply with quote

I wonder if the number increases or decreases after the fire restriction goes in place. That would be an interesting study.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Land Use All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: