Monday, September 25, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: somjon
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1972

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 43
Total: 43
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Vendor/dealership Reviews › Camelback Toyota???
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Camelback Toyota???
Review all local vendors here. One thread per vendor.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexVendor/dealership Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Homedad
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Camelback Toyota??? Reply with quote

All the other cracked frame/motor mount shit caused the engine to DROP onto the front diff. The hole's gonna match up with the top of the diff.

As apposed to you "hitting" something pushing the diff UP as BosniaBoy did.

100% guaranteed that happened...

A one dollar bet will be placed at our next meeting Wink

toyo22r
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Camelback Toyota??? Reply with quote

Homedad wrote:
All the other cracked frame/motor mount shit caused the engine to DROP onto the front diff. The hole's gonna match up with the top of the diff.

I was thinking the exact same thing! I think this makes 3 broken engine mounts I've heard about lately.

I will be ordering some gussets from DMZ Fab soon and weld them on as a preventative measure.

TLCA# 18990
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Camelback Toyota??? Reply with quote

toyo22r wrote:

I was thinking the exact same thing! I think this makes 3 broken engine mounts I've heard about lately.

I will be ordering some gussets from DMZ Fab soon and weld them on as a preventative measure.

While I dont see the gussets you elude to as a standard stock item, I'm guessing they can create some in a quick manner?

How concerned should the rest of the sheep flock be about engine mount gusseting?

I did find this gem on their page:
www.dmzfab.com/Andys-08-fj.html
toyo22r
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Camelback Toyota??? Reply with quote

I spoke to them yesterday. The gussets are not on their website and are usually fab'd up in a day and then sent out. $75 for the pair.

Here is a link showing what they look like installed:
www.off-roadweb.com/te...index.html

TLCA# 18990
FatRat
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Camelback Toyota??? Reply with quote

is the need for gussets only for the 07-09 rigs? I know the engine was changed in 2010. Anyone have any idea?
donkeypuncher
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Camelback Toyota??? Reply with quote

toyo22r wrote:
I spoke to them yesterday. The gussets are not on their website and are usually fab'd up in a day and then sent out. $75 for the pair.

Very cool.. will save this for later

CALI STOP CALLING PEOPLE SHEEP.

toyo22r
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Camelback Toyota??? Reply with quote

FatRat wrote:
is the need for gussets only for the 07-09 rigs? I know the engine was changed in 2010. Anyone have any idea?

The frame also changed in 2010 but I'm not sure for what reasons. Crawl under and look how your motor mounts are attached to the frame. If they are like the photos attached to the side face of the frame, then yes they are susceptible to breaking.

TLCA# 18990
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Camelback Toyota??? Reply with quote

toyo22r wrote:

Thanks for the information. Looks quite labor intensive for the install with the steering rod and the front diff having to come out. Will you be doing this install? I guess I need to crawl under there and take a look at mine as it is an late 2006 model and I plan on keeping it for another 150K miles.
toyo22r
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Camelback Toyota??? Reply with quote

calichaos wrote:
toyo22r wrote:

Thanks for the information. Looks quite labor intensive for the install with the steering rod and the front diff having to come out. Will you be doing this install? I guess I need to crawl under there and take a look at mine as it is an late 2006 model and I plan on keeping it for another 150K miles.

It doesn't appear too difficult just labor intensive. They (DMZ Fab) charge $650 for the install.

Yes i will be doing it myself, probably closer to the fall when it cools off some.

TLCA# 18990
bushwacker
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Camelback Toyota??? Reply with quote

Homedad wrote:

Sound like an insurance issue, if Barney is going to have a lot of work to do. Hitting something would be considered an accident and I imagine all of the loose boulders on the CK highway this weekend may be the culprit. Unbenouced to me, until the Oil leak started.

That all being the case, what would explain the Fan Shroud noise first and the huge play in the engine when reved up? All this prior to an Oil Leak.

Anyway I got Barney on the phone already, so he is down for some work.
Homedad
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Camelback Toyota??? Reply with quote

bushwacker wrote:
Homedad wrote:

Sound like an insurance issue, if Barney is going to have a lot of work to do. Hitting something would be considered an accident and I imagine all of the loose boulders on the CK highway this weekend may be the culprit. Unbenouced to me, until the Oil leak started.

That all being the case, what would explain the Fan Shroud noise first and the huge play in the engine when reved up? All this prior to an Oil Leak.

Read what I wrote....

fan noise on shroud? broke mount
engine play? broke mount
Oil leak? engine dropped enough to hit thr front diff...

Still a Toyota problem in my world.

bushwacker
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Camelback Toyota??? Reply with quote

Homedad wrote:
bushwacker wrote:
Homedad wrote:

Read what I wrote....

fan noise on shroud? broke mount
engine play? broke mount
Oil leak? engine dropped enough to hit thr front diff...

Still a Toyota problem in my world.

I SEE SAID THE BLIND MAN

NOW HANG UP YOUR PHONE SO I CAN GET A CALL THROUGH TO YOU BUD!
Finn
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Camelback Toyota??? Reply with quote

I am very impressed with Camelback Toyota. Went here for my transmisson flush. They got me in the same day that I called and gave me a discount.

Even though I'm past 60 months or 60k miles they still got Toyota to replace my driveshaft free of charge.

I will be doing future business with them.

bloodhound
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Camelback Toyota??? Reply with quote

Thanks for the bag of food and the new toy.
I think I"ll keep the "old" FJ and pass on a "new"one
Again thanks you guys are great!!
Bloodhound

bushwacker
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Camelback Toyota??? Reply with quote

bloodhound wrote:
Thanks for the bag of food and the new toy.
I think I"ll keep the "old" FJ and pass on a "new"one
Again thanks you guys are great!!
Bloodhound

What What What......I could test drive a new FJ.

BTW, an update on my Rig to all who is curious. (4) of the (6) motor mount bolts sheared due to excessive use. The 2010 that I have has extra support on the motor mount brackets to the frame from the factory. IT WORKS, cause the bolts sheared instead, saving the motor mounts, brackets, welds, and everything else. The Fan shroud is fine, however the upper oil pan rubbed on the top of the rack and pinion for too long and wore a hole causing the oil to leak. If you have a 2010 and are worried about this problem because you hear the fan rubbing on the shroud and think your motor is moving too much. Then you need to limp it home and get it into Barneys for some good replacement bolts before you have more issues. However, if you are stuck in the middle of no wear with NO OIL on the dip stick, then hope you have good buddies with extra oil, keep it running, dump it in, and get your ass back home and get it into Barneys for some good replacement bolts before you have more issues
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Vendor/dealership Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: