Tuesday, November 21, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: danab
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1985

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 58
Total: 58
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Vendor/dealership Reviews › Camelback Toyota???
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Camelback Toyota???
Review all local vendors here. One thread per vendor.
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexVendor/dealership Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2_Screws
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Camelback Toyota??? Reply with quote

So I'm going to take my FJ into Camelback Toyota tomorrow (That's where I bought it) to have a tranny issue looked at.

I was just wondering if anyone had any prior experiences with their service department, or can recommend who I should ask for. Fortunately, I haven't had to visit their service department before.

Thanks.

This is going to cost me a lot of money isn't it...
Homedad
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Camelback Toyota??? Reply with quote

Alfonso is the man at Camelback. Hope he's still there.
2_Screws
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Camelback Toyota??? Reply with quote

Thanks Homie. I'll ask tomorrow.

Homedad
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Camelback Toyota??? Reply with quote

He was the first service guy I ever dealt with on the FJ...

After many fine attempts to fix my junk...HE gave me the number to the lemon lawyer and got me a new rig!!!
BoondockSaint03
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Camelback Toyota??? Reply with quote

Eric Murphy "Murf" is a service manager over there. He's a good guy too he's got a pretty sick 80 series and wheels he's a CSC member. Wink

Simple Man and damn proud of it. Family #1, Play #2, Work..... Not on the list but ya gotta Git-R-Done.

Chris Harmon
Best Friend
RIP 3/17/2007
2_Screws
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Camelback Toyota??? Reply with quote

Camelback did good work for me. Transmission shifts better and the truck is actually "feeling" better after they performed a 60k service.

With the 60k service and a complete tranny flush it was a bit pricy at $600, but those are dealership prices for you. I plan on keeping the truck for a LONG time though, so the regular servicing is a must.

2_Screws
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Camelback Toyota??? Reply with quote

Oh, and Alfonso is still there Homie.

2_Screws
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Camelback Toyota??? Reply with quote

Had an odd howling noise in my front driver side wheel last week. Talked to Eric Murphy and ended up dealing with Robert when I dropped the truck off. It ended up being a wheel bearing. Camelback took care of the fix under warranty, no questions asked.

Another tip of the hat to the fellas at Camelback Toyota.

On a side note, my truck is lifted 3", has 33"x11.5", skids, rails......etc....

Those guys never brought up the fact that I wheel and have mods. They just wanted to get my truck fixed, and under warranty.

Alfonso is still there, Robert wheels a jeep, and Eric still wheels his 80's series. (Good guys)

Finn
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Camelback Toyota??? Reply with quote

What do you get for the 60k mile service?

2_Screws
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Camelback Toyota??? Reply with quote

Something like this....

www.camelbacktoyota.co...f677d7b8c8

BurninAZ
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Camelback Toyota??? Reply with quote

I'm not sure how to handle the situation i'm now in, so I figured you guys would have some ideas. Long story short, I fried my clutch and needed it replaced. I went to see Eric Murphy at Camelback, per AZFJ and distance from my home. Great guy and I felt like I finally found a dealership that cared about customer service, unlike the dousches at Right Toyota where I will never return. Anyways, a day later the FJ was done and "ready for pickup." I drove off the lot getting the feel for my new clutch Very Happy ! On the way home I looked down and realized that the 4 wheel drive shifter was up to the left as if in 4-low Question It wasn't even connected to anything! just flopping around all over the place! Flipped a bitch back to Camelback and calmly said I think somebody forgot somthing. I'm pretty good at restraining my rage, my son only likes to see "HULK" in the movie. So by that time service was closed so I left it and they put me in a rental. So I went back today to pick it up because now its "fixed." I checked all gears before leaving and everything works like it should. Half way back to my house (about 15 miles away) suddenly I got red lights on the dash! Check engine, atrac, vcs . . . . . . . . . . . . I see RED!!! Now I will be returning tomorrow again so they can hopefully fix everything correctly.
Sorry for the long story, its one way to release frustration.
So I'm trying to decide if I should be "the nice concerned customer" because Eric is a good guy and I hope he will understand my frustration and all my wasted time. Or should I let them know whats on my mind and how disappointed I am?

fjlarry
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Camelback Toyota??? Reply with quote

That's my pet peeve with dealers...They need to take it for a test drive before they say it is good....It will cover their donkey.....I hope you have no further issues.., Let us know how it goes....How many miles on the FJ at time of clutch change?

gotmud
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Camelback Toyota??? Reply with quote

Never met Eric, but x2 for him being recommended. However, Eric is only a service manager, not the tech. While it's always best to stay calm (non-Hulk mode), I would make sure that there was no doubt in anyone's mind how much you have been inconvenienced through their ineptness. I'd also ask them how they plan to compensate you for their mistakes.

If you decide to wait for them to fix your FJ, take a stroll past John O'Malley's office. He's the GM for CBT, he'd love to hear about how great his techs are doing.
Homedad
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Camelback Toyota??? Reply with quote

Stay calm!!!

Stick with Eric and let him do the bitching for now.

This will work out just fine.
donkeypuncher
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Camelback Toyota??? Reply with quote

Homedad wrote:
He was the first service guy I ever dealt with on the FJ...

After many fine attempts to fix my junk...HE gave me the number to the lemon lawyer and got me a new rig!!!
im still waiting on that number

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Vendor/dealership Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: