Sunday, November 18, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: gadzoom
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2061

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 213
Total: 213
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › Thank you to the person who sold me my FJ.
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Thank you to the person who sold me my FJ.
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
general
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Thank you to the person who sold me my FJ. Reply with quote

I bought my FJ about two years ago (used). I was very happy with the purchase and still am since I can still sell it and make profit now (never going to happen though). At the time of sale the ex owner told me about the 100K extended warranty and helped me with the transfer. Keep in mind that this person had a chance to cash out the warranty for about $950.00 at the time (this was after the sale and they had no obligation to me). Fast forward to now. I noticed what looked like a valve cover gasket leak on passenger side of the engine. I found the warranty certificate and took the FJ to Bell Rd Toyota yesterday. They diagnosed it and came back with timing belt cover gasket leak (supposedly very common with this engine). The fix is about $1400.00 and fully covered under the extended warranty without any deductible and including a rental car. Mind you this is the first vehicle I owned that had any kind of warranty so I was stoked.
Homedad
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you to the person who sold me my FJ. Reply with quote

OUTSTANDING!!!!!
Angry_Tim
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Thank you to the person who sold me my FJ. Reply with quote

Oh goody something else to keep an eye on Rolling Eyes . Glad to hear they are going to warranty it. Glad I picked up the extended warranty as well.

i'm glad i figured out your shaft was already f'ed up
Pumbaa
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Thank you to the person who sold me my FJ. Reply with quote

NICE!!!

AZFJ#4

"If I were any less of a man I would have totally just died" - tibaal89
"sometimes my brain farts even shocking to me." - SealClubber
Bluffin
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Thank you to the person who sold me my FJ. Reply with quote

Just a thought - Not sure how many miles you have on your FJ but if close to the recommend changing of the belt you may want them to change the timing belt while its all apart, may save you quite a bit of money!
CeeFish
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Thank you to the person who sold me my FJ. Reply with quote

Bluffin wrote:
Just a thought - Not sure how many miles you have on your FJ but if close to the recommend changing of the belt you may want them to change the timing belt while its all apart, may save you quite a bit of money!

Umm Embarassed ...the FJ has a chain...no belt to be changed.
Serpentine YES, timing NO
bootsondash
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

Location: AZFJ Ambassador to Illinois (someplace in the Chicago Suburbs)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Thank you to the person who sold me my FJ. Reply with quote

I've had 3 serpenitine belts so far and think I am about to get a new one.
I am also at the breaking point with the wet seatbelt issue and I am ready to consult another attorney BUT I would NEVER get rid of my FJ!

Remmie
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Thank you to the person who sold me my FJ. Reply with quote

bootsondash wrote:
I've had 3 serpenitine belts so far and think I am about to get a new one.
I am also at the breaking point with the wet seatbelt issue and I am ready to consult another attorney BUT I would NEVER get rid of my FJ!

Wet seatbelt issue? Please tell me all you can on this one. I spend a lot of time back home, San Diego, and by the time I get home from out of the water, the belt is completely saturated. Just curious as to what happens. If my FJ hits 88 mph, does it help send me back to November 5th, 1955? Just curious.

blatant
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you to the person who sold me my FJ. Reply with quote

Angry_Tim wrote:
Oh goody something else to keep an eye on Rolling Eyes

lol, what i was thinking.
general
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you to the person who sold me my FJ. Reply with quote

blatant wrote:
Angry_Tim wrote:
Oh goody something else to keep an eye on Rolling Eyes

lol, what i was thinking.

I asked my service tech about any other issues that are common and he said that was the main one that he has been running into.

The warranty covered the bill for $1412.00 yesterday.

Can you tell me of any other issues that you know about? I think that it may be beneficial to start a tread about warranty issues to look out for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: