Saturday, June 24, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: KICKROCKS
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1942

People Online:
Members: 2
Visitors: 40
Total: 42
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: Mick > Private Messages
02: Texasmike > Home

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Arizona Trail Reviews › Camino del Diablo Info
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Camino del Diablo Info
Arizona Trail Reviews only, one thread per trail please!
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexArizona Trail Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gone2Baja
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Camino del Diablo Info Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
It was an oil K&N filter that slung goo AND let the dusty by.
Replaced both the MAF and the Filter with a paper one.

Good to know, thanks.

Did the dirt destroy the MAF or did you replace it as a precaution? I'm assuming it was not cleanable.

And lastly did this stop your rig or did it run poorly prior to total failure?

Sorry about going off topic here..
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: Camino del Diablo Info Reply with quote

Tried cleaning it, the dirt got baked onto the element and that MAF was retired.
I eventually went to spaldam's amazon store and bought a Denso off of it. Been OK so far. (Occasionally bogs down at high altitude). Odd.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Camino del Diablo Info Reply with quote

Just finished a run here last weekend. Was a tad warm but epic
www.expeditionportal.c...Del-Diablo

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Camino del Diablo Info Reply with quote

That looked like an awesome trip Jimbolio!!
One for the books for sure!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Camino del Diablo Info Reply with quote

Nice find on the oasis. I hope this stupid heat wave breaks, I'm heading down to some of those areas to do some more in-depth exploring again.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Camino del Diablo Info Reply with quote

Marc, the Combat Base (Terror training camp) was open. You should swing by there too. Worth it. (Over by the betty lee group)

The Quitoboquito spring is actually on the real historic ECDD (Father Kino camped there as did Raphael Pumpelly in 1861) and was a 30Mi round trip side spur. Was a rough but not tough road out there. (Pozo Novo rd). It's literally on the border, as about 150 yards south of the fenceline was HWY 2, with semis hauling arse on the Mexican side.

4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Camino del Diablo Info Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Marc, the Combat Base (Terror training camp) was open. You should swing by there too. Worth it. (Over by the betty lee group)

The Quitoboquito spring is actually on the real historic ECDD (Father Kino camped there as did Raphael Pumpelly in 1861) and was a 30Mi round trip side spur. Was a rough but not tough road out there. (Pozo Novo rd). It's literally on the border, as about 150 yards south of the fenceline was HWY 2, with semis hauling arse on the Mexican side.

Terror training camp!!! SWEET! I was mentioning last night that I hope this is open. The Betty Lee mine area is the 2nd objective on this trip, the primary being to "for real" climb Tinajas Altas with the guidance of experienced climbers with real ropes and safety and whatnot.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Camino del Diablo Info Reply with quote

Pictures or it didn't happen remember.

Here were mine: s1287.photobucket.com/...cs/ECDD-16

Recommended Reading before you go:
"The Devil's Highway" by Luis Alberto Urrea

And a free .pdf:
archive.org/details/tr...00pumprich

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Arizona Trail Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: