Monday, September 25, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: somjon
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1972

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 46
Total: 47
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: Brentphx > Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Vendor/dealership Reviews › Desert Toyota - Tucson
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Desert Toyota - Tucson
Review all local vendors here. One thread per vendor.
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexVendor/dealership Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Desert Toyota - Tucson Reply with quote

Sent me an Email today with "BUY AN FJ" (Ahhh, does that mean my 'Precious' has 30.5" of water clearance after my OME? )

See your local Toyota dealer to get in the driver's seat of a 2010 FJ Cruiser.
toyotamail.innovyx.net...EcTvWcqJWP

Every badge on the front of a Toyota is our commitment to safety, dependability and you. We're proud to put that badge on the 2010 FJ Cruiser, which has the ability to carefully drive through 27.5 inches of water to help you get where you want to go.

Build and price yours today
View local offers
Compare FJ Cruiser to the competition

get into a 2010 FJ Cruiser by visiting your local dealer at:
DESERT TOYOTA OF TUCSON - Map

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
nimrag
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Desert Toyota - Tucson Reply with quote

I will stick with my 2007!
tibaal89
Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Desert Toyota - Tucson Reply with quote

I got one of those emails as well... mine said Precision though. I think it's just an email from Toyota and they fill in the blank with your nearest dealership.

check out my BLOG

Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Photo Gallery
MrVTX
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Desert Toyota - Tucson Reply with quote

I'm with Nimrag - I like my '07!

And what the heck, "Every badge on the front of a Toyota is our commitment to safety, dependability and you. We're proud to put that badge on the 2010 FJ Cruiser" - maybe on the rear...they didn't put that Toyota logo badge on the front!
FJFEVER
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: Desert Toyota - Tucson Reply with quote

I like that they show it with a Lift

195,162 FINAL MILES. DOA AFTER ROLLOVER.
NEXT CHAPTER...230,000 miles
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: Desert Toyota - Tucson Reply with quote

MrVTX wrote:
I'm with Nimrag - I like my '07!

And what the heck, "Every badge on the front of a Toyota is our commitment to safety, dependability and you. We're proud to put that badge on the 2010 FJ Cruiser" - maybe on the rear...they didn't put that Toyota logo badge on the front!

now that's some funny chit right there. Anyone heard any rumblings about continuing in 2011?

I just figured too that it was time for a thread about Desert Toy.

I wonder if Homedad will take that Carefully drive through water stuff seriously?

FJFEVER wrote:
I like that they show it with a Lift
Dude, it says "OPTIONS SHOWN"! (Is a lift an option from the dealer?)

I do think the site to BUILD an FJ is pretty cool, at the end of picking all your wishes, it makes a customized e brochure (in .pdf format) with all of your choices. Now that's some programming finesse right there.

I doubt this link will work but here was mine www.toyota.com/byt/pub...rochure.do

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
deaz
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Desert Toyota - Tucson Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:

I do think the site to BUILD an FJ is pretty cool, at the end of picking all your wishes

According to my "Build" it'd cost me almost $33k to get what I have on my '08, and I payed much less than that... I'll stick with what I've got, I'm more than happy with it.
FJFEVER
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Desert Toyota - Tucson Reply with quote

(Is a lift an option from the dealer?)
When I got my '07 you could get a revtec 3" spacer lift or a 6" pro comp as a dealer add on and no, Homeslice wouldnt take that seriously. I mean seriously

195,162 FINAL MILES. DOA AFTER ROLLOVER.
NEXT CHAPTER...230,000 miles
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Desert Toyota - Tucson Reply with quote

Today the Precious stopped at Desert for some serious work:
    Recalls
    Replace Diff / Trans / Transfer Fluid
AND
Put in a new (OEM from GotMUD - Hi Kerry )
    Clutch Disk
    Pressure Plate
    Throwout Bearing
    Fly Wheel resurface

Gotta be ready for the SUMMIT! Back Bear pass would be a bad place for a clutch to go out.

Any way - Full report to follow after pickup.
They had two '13's for sale there (Both Black - One with Offroad pkg (35K) and one without (33K).

BTW - they are having a 2 for $10 Special on Filters right now.

FOLLOW UP

Got the precious back yesterday.
I can't say enough good stuff about ERIN the service writer at Desert Toyota.
She asked me several times to confirm what I wanted done, Knew about AZFJ and OURAY, and even made multiple attempts to call me and get authorization to replace my clutch slave cylinder under the TSB.
SO Here's the damage:

Parts from Gotmud -
Clutch, Pressure Plate and Throwout Bearing - 401.00

parts from Desert
Clutch Slave Cylinder - 95.00

Labor
Turn Flywheel - 40.00
Replace Clutch, Replace fluid in Both Diffs, and T/Case
(Fluid in Trans was included in Clutch replace - Thanks Erin)
Basically took care of this TSB: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/engine-performance/42991-throwout-bearing-chirp-squeak-76.html

SO, That really hurts, it's a lot of money, but guess what. The Precious now shifts like it has a stick of butter for a transmission. I'm very pleased with the result. You really don't realize how much you had gotten used to chattering, clutch popping , etc over time. What a difference.

Now, Just to fix my brakes before the summit, pack and I'm on my way.

Last edited by Jimbolio on Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:02 am; edited 3 times in total
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Desert Toyota - Tucson Reply with quote

Updated post ^^^

BTW, I saved the old parts if anyone needs any in an emergency.
Pressure plate is still serviceable (83K on it).
Clutch disk is about 1/2 (I'm likely gonna chuck it)
Slave Cylinder looks OK.
Some wear on Clutch piston, but will clean up

Throwout bearing is going to get that - Thrown out. (It was squeeling). Thanks jake for the Drive through diagnosis method.

nimrag
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Desert Toyota - Tucson Reply with quote

I am glad I was able to get my throw out bearing replaced under warranty a couple of months ago. While they where in there, I had them replace the clutch, pressure plate and resurface the flywheel. I didn't need a slave cylinder. My out the door cost for parts/labor and an alignment at camelback, was $500.
TrAiLbUs1
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Desert Toyota - Tucson Reply with quote

Holy crap I helped someone and I didn't even know it Very Happy I gotta check my records to see the price difference on my clutch replacement. Yours sounds much more reasonable. Did your clutch pedal feel soft when you got it? I mean like really soft? Mine within 1000 miles and lots of wheeling went back to normal but I freaked at first. I'm pretty sure precision remachined my clutch disk. It was a really sketchy transaction between myself and the foreman of the shop there. And I have 4 friends who work at that establishment. Hate to talk smack especially since the service peeps are hella good at their job.... but man after what I've seen on a few occasions I dread the place. They even missed a wheel bearing completely at the end of it's life. When I made sure to say
I'M GOING TO A 2 WEEK VACATION of just WHEELING please double check everything for me, I'm too busy to go through the entire truck
". Had to get it replaced on the way to OUray in Flagstaff due to the excessive movement and insane noise.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: Desert Toyota - Tucson Reply with quote

The clutch works like it did when I drove it home from LA. I'm pleased. Poor but Pleased. Sorry you had a bad experience.

ratfink
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Desert Toyota - Tucson Reply with quote

Erin is awesome, she has been my advisor since I bought mine there in 08.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Desert Toyota - Tucson Reply with quote

I told her she helped get me to ouray and that made her smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Vendor/dealership Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: