Sunday, November 19, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: geibral
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1984

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 67
Total: 67
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Vendor/dealership Reviews › Barney's Auto Services
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Barney's Auto Services
Review all local vendors here. One thread per vendor.
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexVendor/dealership Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barneysautoservices
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for stock tires Reply with quote

20% discount on any auto repairs if you mention Homedad Smile

623-931-8919 Barney's Auto Services
email or call anytime!

Homedad
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Barney's Auto Services Reply with quote

There ya go kids....no more reason to get ripped off by a mechanic....

Thanks Rich!!!!
bluepeace
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Barney's Auto Services Reply with quote

Rich thanks for the help the other day. I well be bring all my vehicles to you from here on out!

Thanks again Rich!!!!

She replied "No I'm just that part of you your yet to get to know
Your moment of clarity"
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Barney's Auto Services Reply with quote

I guess I get to chime in on my experience.

Remember my post here:
azfj.org/index.php?nam...0857#90857

and then this:
azfj.org/index.php?nam...3017#93017

well.. the story does not end so well.

My original complaint on the car: "Engine idles rough, seems to have a hard time keeping the RPMs up when stopped, operates fine in moving traffic and on the freeway."
"Please rotate the tires as well, and do an alignment" "Oh yeah if possible look at the front driver window switch.. the auto rollup feature is not working"

The initial service done by Barney's was a MAF sensor, spark plugs, and an engine mount, tire rotation and alignment. Looked that the window switch, suggested replacement switch.

Barney's outsourced the alignment, no big deal, and did the rest of the work in house.

2 weeks pass, the engine idle rough problem returns. Call them up.. "Sure bring it back by no problem..."

We take it back, they have it again for a day and a half .. "Bad part, we swapped out the MAF again, all fixed up."

2 weeks pass, the engine idle rough problem returns. Call them up.. "Oh... let me look into it.. give me a call back in about 30 minutes." Next phone call "We dont have any ideas, take it to the dealer, and see what they can find."

So... this Tuesday I took it to Sanderson Volvo of Phoenix.

Timing was off, engine codes were not cleared, and oh yeah you have 2 engine motor mounts that are broken.

Now.. at this point.. Im like.. WTF.. they replaced an engine mount, they had their head in there poking around, and I have two more engine mounts broke? Well it turns out what Barney's called an engine mount is actually a torque rod at the top of the engine near the firewall (helps reduce racheting of the motor front to rear).

The rough idle was being caused by two factors
1) timing was off, and the engine codes not cleared caused the on board computer to do not so nice things to fuel control. fix timing, clear codes, runs fine.
2) engine mounts lower passenger side under the pully, and front are completely worn, so no nice vibration absorbing rubber there to smooth out the idle vibration.

That broken window switch.. yeah it functions fine the switch needed to be calibrated to recognise the top of the window distance.

Dealer fixed it up (the timing, the engine codes).. you dont want to know the cost damage there.. but knowing it is $110 just to hook it up to their diag equipment you know it wasn't cheap.

So I call Barney back and give them the scoop, and see how they want to handle this situation, I asked for a fix, and they only provided a partial fix to the problem, and in my eyes over looked obvious problems with the other engine mounts. "Oh I didnt even know those cars could be adjusted for timing, and odd that clearing the check engine light wasnt enough." No comments made about blatantly missing the two other broken engine mounts. "Well thanks for the follow up... if you have any other problems with the car.. be sure to bring it by"

I calmly said thanks for your time.

Bring it back? Again? No way.
FatRat
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Barney's Auto Services Reply with quote

sounds to me like you needed to petition for a whole new volvo as that one was clearly wasn't up to the high volvo standards..... Laughing

calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Barney's Auto Services Reply with quote

FatRat wrote:
sounds to me like you needed to petition for a whole new volvo as that one was clearly wasn't up to the high volvo standards..... Laughing

yeah most likely. good thing this vehicle didnt come with a bent tire carrier, Id have to trade it in and buy a new vehicle.
Jagaliscious
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Barney's Auto Services Reply with quote

I Barney's! I got a call from Jean about 20 minutes ago, Rich found me an alternator and my truck will be done by 1pm.

Angry_Tim wrote:
I have a nice crack about 8 inches long

Johanlee wrote:
Correctly grasp the narrow mountain road.
MrVTX
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Barney's Auto Services Reply with quote

Just got my FJ back from my first trip to Barney's. Had the clutch done because I was tired of the non-stop squeak coming from the throw out bearing. They got the job done very quickly and at a price over $400 less than what the stealership wanted.

And a bonus....got to poke my head under Homedad's FJ while it was up in the air! Now who wouldn't enjoy seeing Homedad's underbelly? Shocked

Last edited by MrVTX on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jagaliscious
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Barney's Auto Services Reply with quote

Don't you mean undercarriage?

And doesn't THAT just take on a whole new meaning? Wink

Angry_Tim wrote:
I have a nice crack about 8 inches long

Johanlee wrote:
Correctly grasp the narrow mountain road.
Homedad
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Barney's Auto Services Reply with quote

Mines dead ;(

Lower A arms
brakes
A-arm bushings
shocks
bearings
seals
etc.....

See ya' in the desert tomorrow night!!!
MrVTX
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Barney's Auto Services Reply with quote

I took a look at the lower A arm. That was pretty wasted!
fjlarry
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Barney's Auto Services Reply with quote

Does Barneys replace CV boots? Mine are about ready at 140K.....

Rc_maniac
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Barney's Auto Services Reply with quote

Is this what the mechanic looks like over there?

this was the first think i pictured when i saw the thread title
FatRat
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Barney's Auto Services Reply with quote

Rc_maniac wrote:
Is this what the mechanic looks like over there?

this was the first think i pictured when i saw the thread title

Now Now.....let's be nice. He is actually are really good person and mechanic. He has worked on my truck a couple times and the work and price were both great.
Rc_maniac
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Barney's Auto Services Reply with quote

no malice intended, its just what came to mind from the name of the shop. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Vendor/dealership Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: