Wednesday, November 14, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: TIBTIGER
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2060

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 243
Total: 244
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: nimrag > Forums

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › Four Peaks
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Four Peaks
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
general
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Four Peaks Reply with quote

I am planing to check out the four peaks soon. I was wondering if anyone has any advice, suggestions, directions (waypoints), must do's and no no's. Input from AZFJ community is always helpful and appreciated. Thanks in advance.
LTFJC
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Four Peaks Reply with quote

The last azfj run i went to out there was a ton of fun! i really need to get a gps set up so i can mark way points!! someone has gotta have some info on it?!!
johnecon2001
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Four Peaks Reply with quote

I don't have way points, just general knowledge of fun trails all through out the place.

nimrag
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Four Peaks Reply with quote

The last couple of times I went out there, I went to the next exit past the 4 peaks exit(north)! You can then follow a wash for a couple of miles which eventually turns into a road that hooks into the main 4 peaks road!
TRDjonnie
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Four Peaks Reply with quote

Take the 4 peaks road all the way to the top when you cross a cattle gaurd look for a left turn that follows the main ridge line to the north. That road will take you for many many miles. Not to tough. Some sections of good ole baja driving. It's called edwards park. You know if you have reached it if you drive through an old fire scar and the grass is waist high. Full day trip up and back. Good mud. Potential for some snow too.

Heads up on being close to the beeline( Az87) as there are often dirtbikes and atv on the roads.
Chigoe
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Four Peaks Reply with quote

TRDjonnie wrote:
Take the 4 peaks road all the way to the top when you cross a cattle gaurd look for a left turn that follows the main ridge line to the north. That road will take you for many many miles. Not to tough. Some sections of good ole baja driving. It's called edwards park. You know if you have reached it if you drive through an old fire scar and the grass is waist high. Full day trip up and back. Good mud. Potential for some snow too.

Heads up on being close to the beeline( Az87) as there are often dirtbikes and atv on the roads.

x2....el oso road......... service road 422 north at summit pass

general
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Four Peaks Reply with quote

TRDjonnie wrote:

This sounds awesome. I probably will not be able to brake away for the entire day this time but will definitely keep it on my list of must go soon places. This time it will be a ride to top and back due to time constraints.

Are there any turnoffs along the way to top that are worth checking out?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: