Thursday, April 27, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Viperchick76
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1919

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 18
Total: 18
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Vendor/dealership Reviews › HVAC TECH
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
HVAC TECH
Review all local vendors here. One thread per vendor.
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexVendor/dealership Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAMBA
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: HVAC TECH Reply with quote

OK guys, this is Nestor and my rig is the Black Mamba. I have my own bussiness in the hvac industry, Trinity AC, I would love to get more bussiness, especially from fellow fj enthusiasts. My charge is $65 for a routine maintenance call, but if your a fellow azfj'r ill mark it down to $55, that includes washing the outdoor coil, indoor (if needed) also, and checking all electrical components and refrigerant level. I assure you that my prices on all other work are VERY competitive and my work is garanteed for 1 year. I have 12+ years experience in the field. Let me know if I can help you with ANYTHING. 90% of the time I can b at your doorstep the same day, the other 10% the following day. 623-889-4343. THX
FatRat
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: HVAC TECH Reply with quote

Let me talk to my wife and I will be in touch....
tibaal89
Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: HVAC TECH Reply with quote

We like locals and discounts! Very Happy

check out my BLOG

Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Photo Gallery
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: HVAC TECH Reply with quote

Let me tell you if you treat the azfj community right they will return the favor.

I know from personal experience

azfj owners are the best
BellyDoc
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: HVAC TECH Reply with quote

Can you acquire and install swamp coolers in big RV garage units?

Is jb weld really as strong as if I just welded them on with my welder?

glideraz wrote:
Could be stronger it all depends on how you weld
MAMBA
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: HVAC TECH Reply with quote

Yes sir, if it ventilates, cools, heats, humidifies... well, u get the point. I can get it, install it, service it, repair it....

BellyDoc
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: HVAC TECH Reply with quote

I'm closing on a new place mid May... we'll talk.

Is jb weld really as strong as if I just welded them on with my welder?

glideraz wrote:
Could be stronger it all depends on how you weld
progolfer_20
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: HVAC TECH Reply with quote

Is that $55 per AC or per visit? I have 3 AC's...

MAMBA
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: HVAC TECH Reply with quote

BellyDoc wrote:
I'm closing on a new place mid May... we'll talk.
Yeah, ket me know...
MAMBA
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: HVAC TECH Reply with quote

progolfer_20 wrote:
Is that $55 per AC or per visit? I have 3 AC's...
2 r more ac's its $45 each ac
RunnerRick
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: HVAC TECH Reply with quote

So my blower motor let go a week ago while out running some errands. Came home around 4pm to here the compressor running but no fan moving, gotta love that feeling when you know you have to leave for work in a few hours and the wife and kid won't have ac for the night. So I called Nestor about 415- 430 ish he was out before six. Pulled the motor and of course my fan had the bigger motor in it and he did not have it on his truck but was able to get one with 30 mins and was back up in the attic. So hegot the motor replaced and didn't stop there he checked out the entire system. He also check the contacts out at the compressor and found I need a new one (I had already knew this as I had the ac serviced a couple years ago when I had a motor drop a bearing and eat the fan and cage) the previous company quoted me 100 bucks to change it out back then but did not have the parts on the truck to fix it. So when Nestor found it and told me it would cost me 20 bucks more I had not problems with that. He was able to go beyond what I was figuring most hvac would do at 5 pm and not screw me over. I called around and ask what it would cost me to have the same thing done and I was happy I was able to give another non-member my business.
okiefj
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: HVAC TECH Reply with quote

I've been doing hvac for 13yrs, and I'm a licensed journeyman in my home state, but out here, can you just go some where and get a card or something, without having to start over. I heard all u need is an EPA card here, but I hate test. Just wondering, and everybody else, call him I'm retired for now!

Thrush Exhaust System
Loudass Stereo
MAMBA
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: HVAC TECH Reply with quote

Well, to get hired u need an epa card and a clean driving record, but to open an accnt and be able to buy equipment and materials u need a contractors license.

Happy to help Rick,

Like I stated b4, im at your door step same day, but at worst case, im their early next day.

When anybody is looking or needing a new system, I can give you the best prices on TRANE units, or ANY other brand that you might preffer.

BellyDoc
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: HVAC TECH Reply with quote

So, kudos go to Nestor here, because he's hooking me up on the garage shop. He came out and looked at my workshop space and we talked about not only the cooling system, but also the electrical, the door I need, and stuff like that. He hooked me up with a contractor he works with, to put the various bits into one project.

Meanwhile, I get a call from my wife, who tells me that our new property managers say the renters who have moved into our old house are complaining that the A/C is blowing hot air. The property managers have their A/C people all over it. They go out and look at the problem. Their assessment is that there's a bad compressor, and they think it'll be about $2700 in parts and labor to replace the compressor, but the total could go above that.

This sounded fishy, so I texted Nestor, and he said he'd go take a look. This was over the weekend.

The next I get is a call from Nestor, the following Monday. He'd been there, he assessed the situation himself and discovered that a bad circuit breaker was at fault, and he had already replaced it. The part was around 8 bucks and he wanted $75 for the whole job.

75/2700=0.028. Nestor saved me over 97%!

The A/C has been working perfectly ever since.

Meanwhile, the other vendor is calling my wife, suggesting that the whole unit should just be replaced. Shocked

Cash (in excess of the requested total) is *STILL* waiting to get picked up.

Needless to say, there will be no other bids on my garage shop project.
okiefj
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: HVAC TECH Reply with quote

Good work! Honesty goes a long way in any business!

Thrush Exhaust System
Loudass Stereo
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Vendor/dealership Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: