Sunday, May 28, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: LifestyleOverland
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1932

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 48
Total: 48
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Vendor/dealership Reviews › A Better View Autoglass - Windshields for FJ's!
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
A Better View Autoglass - Windshields for FJ's!
Review all local vendors here. One thread per vendor.
Go to page 1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexVendor/dealership Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: A Better View Autoglass - Windshields for FJ's! Reply with quote

ME AND MY WIFE ARE THE OWNERS OF A BETTER VIEW AUTO GLASS WE OFFER HIGH QUALITY REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT OF GLASS WE HAVE NOTICED IN OUR BUISNESS ALOT OF FJS NOT BEING DONE PROPERLY AND WE ARE HERE TO HELP A LOT OF GLASS COMPANIES ARE NOT EXPERIENCED ENOUGH TO DO THIS JOB USAULLY DON,T REPLACE TOPMOLDING ,CLIPS TO RETAIN COWLING WE REPLACE IT ALL YOUR INS. COMPANY PAYS FOR IT AND NO ADITIONAL COST WITH GLASS COVERAGE WE GET OTHER GLASS COMPANIES CALLING US TO REPLACE THESE FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS I WOULD LIKE TO ANSWER THEM FOR YOU. JUST GIVE ME A CALL OR EMAIL ME WE CAN SEE WHAT WE CAN DO TO HELP REMEMBER YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE WHO WORKS ON YOUR CAR NOT THE INS. COMPANY
2_Screws
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: FRONT WINDSHIELDS FOR FJ S Reply with quote

When I had mine replaced (not by you guys) the guy broke the clips on the small body panel above the fender and against the window. (it's about 6" x 8")

They've been loose for about a year now....Do you guys run into this alot, and can you fix it if you were to replace an FJ windshield with this problem?

This is going to cost me a lot of money isn't it...
Angry_Tim
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: FRONT WINDSHIELDS FOR FJ S Reply with quote

2_Screws wrote:
When I had mine replaced (not by you guys) the guy broke the clips on the small body panel above the fender and against the window. (it's about 6" x 8")

They've been loose for about a year now....Do you guys run into this alot, and can you fix it if you were to replace an FJ windshield with this problem?

Same thing here. The guy tried to say the sun had cause the clips to break.
Hmmm.......not exposed to the sun and the truck was less then 6 months old. Fixed by him, his cost.

i'm glad i figured out your shaft was already f'ed up
theROCKCruiser
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: FRONT WINDSHIELDS FOR FJ S Reply with quote

Same here!!!!! The guy tried to deny that he caused it. He also scratched my paint on both sides of the pillars by the windshield! They said they'd fix it for me. But I just keep forgetting to go by the paint shop!
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: FRONT WINDSHIELDS FOR FJ S Reply with quote

yes we can fix it properly it is very common for that to happen the glass company should be replacing all the items to do the job properly but instead in alot ofcases they don't replace them they just try to patch everything together andbill for them anyway to make more money we can get your fjj backtothe way it should be wheater you need a fullreplacement orjust the cowling fixed and nothe clips do not"rotfrom the sun" that is a stupid excuse forbreaking something i have seen some where they have tried gluing them down abd then the next guy has to try and cut the metalcowling off

azfj owners are the best
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: FRONT WINDSHIELDS FOR FJ S Reply with quote

another thing to consider if your side cowling is loosebe carefull i just went out to fix one the other day and my customer lost his on the freeway some ins, companieswill pay to replace but if they won't big money toyota sells them paint to match yes you have to go get it painted before install if its loose i suggest tape it don't loose it

azfj owners are the best
general
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: FRONT WINDSHIELDS FOR FJ S Reply with quote

My FJ is an 07. If I let you work on my car will you use the original or aftermarket windshield?
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: FRONT WINDSHIELDS FOR FJ S Reply with quote

we use pilkington glass it is oe for toyota the only difference is the name on the windshield it is considered aftermarket oe replacement glass very high quality it just doesn'tsay toyota if you want us to use the toyota glass we can also do that if your ins company approves most ins. companies have a policy not to use dealerglass on vech. more than 2 years old but we would call your ins company tosee if they would just let me know

azfj owners are the best
nimrag
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: FRONT WINDSHIELDS FOR FJ S Reply with quote

My replacement is PPG and it seems to take on rocks alot better than the OEM windshield! I am knocking on wood as I type this, the PPG has made it 19000 miles with 1 small chip, which is not spreading! The OEM barely made it 10000 miles!
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: FRONT WINDSHIELDS FOR FJ S Reply with quote

ppg was a good piece of glass no longer rated top tier they gotbought out last year nowthey are called pgw and it seems like quality has been reduced thats why we stopped useing them we can get anything from realcheap like fyg brand and safelite really bad or top tier and very lucky your chip hasn'tspreadyet i'll keepmy fingers crossed for you

azfj owners are the best
2_Screws
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: FRONT WINDSHIELDS FOR FJ S Reply with quote

glideraz wrote:
very lucky your chip hasn't spread yet i'll keep my fingers crossed for you

Ha, Ha, Ha!!!! You will not keep those fingers crossed!!!!

I just got a bad chip last week right in my line of sight....I'm hoping it spreads so I can get it replaced and my cowlings fixed. I'll give you a call when it spreads.....it's only a matter of time right.

p.s. Are you valley-wide?

This is going to cost me a lot of money isn't it...
bloodhound
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: FRONT WINDSHIELDS FOR FJ S Reply with quote

broke my clips too
it takes two different clips 6 bucks each from toyota but they say they have to order them

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: FRONT WINDSHIELDS FOR FJ S Reply with quote

Besides typing in all caps Do you replace the fiberglass molding when you replace the windshield?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
fjlarry
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: FRONT WINDSHIELDS FOR FJ S Reply with quote

I just got my 3rd or 4th windshield put in when my FJ was getting the new roof. I'm not sure what glass is in there but it seems tougher. I've had some hard hits and no cracks yet.

glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: FRONT WINDSHIELDS FOR FJ S Reply with quote

big two toyota is where we buy all our parts they always have themin stock for us at least everytime we call no problems getting them and by the way a chip in line of vision contituts a replacement cause it can distract your vision and yea i would be a fool to keep my fingers crossed ha ha feel free to call us and we would be happy to fix everthing for you our number is 480 688 8294 and yes we are valley wide and state wide just me and my wife better than working for corporate america and as a customer you know exactly who you are dealing with

azfj owners are the best
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Vendor/dealership Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78  Next
Page 1 of 78

Jump to: