Wednesday, November 22, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: danab
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1985

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 66
Total: 66
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Vendor/dealership Reviews › A Better View Autoglass - Windshields for FJ's!
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
A Better View Autoglass - Windshields for FJ's!
Review all local vendors here. One thread per vendor.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexVendor/dealership Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: FRONT WINDSHIELDS FOR FJ S Reply with quote

if you are talking about the top molding yes we do replace if there isany question on its integrity usaully they get replaced about 95% of them are glued down too badly and you can't get them up without destroying themwe always come to the job site with all parts we can always return what we don't need but it would be a pain in the but to come out a second time with parts and a pain for you as well no sense in a pain if you can avoid it in the first place

azfj owners are the best
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: FRONT WINDSHIELDS FOR FJ S Reply with quote

also just a quick note for any one who wants to get a windshield or needs one we will give 100 dollars for each w/s replaced with ins.this way we can hopefully helpout by saying thankyou and you get a little more money for goodies

azfj owners are the best
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: FRONT WINDSHIELDS FOR FJ S Reply with quote

if you are talking about the top molding yes we usaully do replace them due to the fact they are glued down everytime we come a job like this we always bring allparts to put it back together the way the factory did. it is easier totake parts back that we don't use than to piss off a customer by not being prepared todo the job correctly the first time.also i wanted to let everyone know anyone who mentions this we will give you 100 with a ins replacement this is our way of saying thank you for a chance to earn your buisness and it you some extra money for goodies

azfj owners are the best
FJFEVER
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: FRONT WINDSHIELDS FOR FJ S Reply with quote

Well, I needed a windshield so decided to give them a try. I PM'd last night and got a call about 10:30 this morning set up a conference call with my insurance co. and set a time. They had to pick up some parts and I still had some stops to make but was available anywhere along my line of travel. I told them I was south and west today and jennifer called me back about 1:45 seems the were about 15 mins away from where I was so we met at my next stop. 30 minutes later I had my new windshield in and on my way, a hundie in my pocket for their trouble. Bryan and Jennifer came with the top molding and replacement clips for the wings on the hood. They left the parts fitting better than when they arrived. Bryan knew exactly what he was doing had all the right parts for the job and was quick, neat and friendly. I would absolutly recommend them for any windshield replacement on any vehicle. Again they were friendly, knowledgable, convienient, prepared, valley wide and not the big chain. Considering some of the horror stories I have heard about shield replacements this was painless. GRADE=AAA+ Thanks again Bryan and Jennifer,
Steve

195,162 FINAL MILES. DOA AFTER ROLLOVER.
NEXT CHAPTER...232,000 miles
Angry_Tim
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: FRONT WINDSHIELDS FOR FJ S Reply with quote

FJFEVER wrote:
Well, I needed a windshield so decided to give them a try. I PM'd last night and got a call about 10:30 this morning set up a conference call with my insurance co. and set a time. They had to pick up some parts and I still had some stops to make but was available anywhere along my line of travel. I told them I was south and west today and jennifer called me back about 1:45 seems the were about 15 mins away from where I was so we met at my next stop. 30 minutes later I had my new windshield in and on my way, a hundie in my pocket for their trouble. Bryan and Jennifer came with the top molding and replacement clips for the wings on the hood. They left the parts fitting better than when they arrived. Bryan knew exactly what he was doing had all the right parts for the job and was quick, neat and friendly. I would absolutly recommend them for any windshield replacement on any vehicle. Again they were friendly, knowledgable, convienient, prepared, valley wide and not the big chain. Considering some of the horror stories I have heard about shield replacements this was painless. GRADE=AAA+ Thanks again Bryan and Jennifer,
Steve

Glad to hear it went well.

i'm glad i figured out your shaft was already f'ed up
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: FRONT WINDSHIELDS FOR FJ S Reply with quote

I have a guy down here in Tucson that 'says' he can replace it. I'll let you know how it goes.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
sicc_soul916
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: FRONT WINDSHIELDS FOR FJ S Reply with quote

Looks like I'll be needing your services, small chip and cold weather = crack across whole windshield. PM sent

greenhornet06
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: FRONT WINDSHIELDS FOR FJ S Reply with quote

How many chips on the windshield does it require for the insurance to replace it. I have three but none have cracked yet and it has been a month.
Thanks

glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: FRONT WINDSHIELDS FOR FJ S Reply with quote

thanks for the response everyone we are glad to help out everyone whohas called us and enjoy the 100 bucks!!!!!!!!!!

azfj owners are the best
FJDesperado
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: FRONT WINDSHIELDS FOR FJ S Reply with quote

Good to find someone who knows how to replace the windshield correctly. I just had mine done when I got a crack driving back from Tucson and just watched it get bigger as I drove. They came to my work to replace it and it to them over two hours and all the clips were broken. So when I called him out the next day he said I was right that the panels were loose and the lower reveal molding did not even touch the window. He said he wasn't going to do anything about it, that was just the way it was. I called the insurance company an told them what happened and also the window company charge them for the top molding and never replaced it. My insurance company sent me to a body shop and they replaced the reveal molding and the clips and got it put back together correctly. What a pain.

So next time I need a windshield (and I drive a FJ so I will) I will check out you guys.

2007 Sun Fusion, MT6, ATRAC and Locker,Bilstein 5100 2.5" lift (awesome lift), Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 285/75/16 tires, MB Chaos 6 matte black 16 X 8 wheels, All-Pro rock guards, Trailer brake controller, Sirius satellite
drdfblackm
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: FRONT WINDSHIELDS FOR FJ S Reply with quote

I have a crack all the way across as well, luckily it is very low on the windshield, I also have like a million chips in my windshield. Just trying to hold out until spring to keep chipping down as much as possible on the new windshield....all the dang cinders they use up here in Flag on the winter roads. If I got a new on now...for sure I would have a chip the next week.

98 Jeep XJ
86 Mustang GT
Gone and Missed 07 FJC MightyMo
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: FRONT WINDSHIELDS FOR FJ S Reply with quote

that sucks about your windshield experience. a lot of glass companies are like that and ins companies shouldnot pay them but they do it's less hassle if they just pay someone else to fix it too bad your ins. company doesn't goafter them for fraud for the top molding.

azfj owners are the best
Homedad
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: FRONT WINDSHIELDS FOR FJ S Reply with quote

Hey Glider....'06 tundra double cab....

Same deal with the $100???
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: FRONT WINDSHIELDS FOR FJ S Reply with quote

Homedad,

With each rebate amount we offer, it depends on the cost to us and how the insurance company is going to pay the claim. On Toyota Tundra, 2007 and newer would qualify for the $100 rebate. HOWEVER, we can offer you a $50 rebate for the replacement on this. Remember, we also include a Lifetime Warranty on workmanship AND FREE Lifetime chip repair!!! We would love the opportunity to take care of this for you. Let us know!

azfj owners are the best
sicc_soul916
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: FRONT WINDSHIELDS FOR FJ S Reply with quote

Thanks Bryan and Jen for the new windshiled AND doing it correctly! Glad to find a company that knows what they're doing and stand behind their work.

Thanks again,
Bryan

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Vendor/dealership Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 2 of 80

Jump to: