Sunday, August 20, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: RideAndHover
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1960

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 38
Total: 38
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Arizona Trail Reviews › Oracle Control Road (Oracle/Tucson) - 2.0
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Oracle Control Road (Oracle/Tucson) - 2.0
Arizona Trail Reviews only, one thread per trail please!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexArizona Trail Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Oracle Control Road (Oracle/Tucson) - 2.0 Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Here is my VERY FIRST PUBLISHED TRAIL for trails offroad .com it took me 4 trips to get done. PLEASE take a look and give me your thoughts.
www.trailsoffroad.com/...control-rd

Great report Jimbolio!! Good videos take time to make!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Oracle Control Road (Oracle/Tucson) - 2.0 Reply with quote

Next time Joe, (Like the Rice Peak one) I may need your help.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Oracle Control Road (Oracle/Tucson) - 2.0 Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Next time Joe, (Like the Rice Peak one) I may need your help.

With the right preparation Jim, we can do anything!

Lets talk!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Oracle Control Road (Oracle/Tucson) - 2.0 Reply with quote

Mt. Lemmon On Fire. Must have just started, big smoke, nothing in the news yet. Sad Sad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
LESZMOR
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Oracle Control Road (Oracle/Tucson) - 2.0 Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Mt. Lemmon On Fire. Must have just started, big smoke, nothing in the news yet. Sad Sad

Jim you of all people should have known that was a prescribed control burn.
You really let me down you should have been the one letting us know that it was nothing to be concerned with it. Sad Sad Sad

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Oracle Control Road (Oracle/Tucson) - 2.0 Reply with quote

Sure looked cool didn't it?

LESZMOR
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Oracle Control Road (Oracle/Tucson) - 2.0 Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Sure looked cool didn't it?

Sure did but only because I knew it was a planned burn. Was looking for it all day. To see if they would do it.

Hey John that was the same spot we had our lunch on our last trip up the control road.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Oracle Control Road (Oracle/Tucson) - 2.0 Reply with quote

Oh, that stinks, I hope it didn't burn the canopy. I saw the flames after dark.

MrVTX
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Oracle Control Road (Oracle/Tucson) - 2.0 Reply with quote

Nice video Jim! I had a few minutes to spare in my class the other day and popped it up on the screen for my 5th graders. They enjoyed the ride up the mountain!
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Oracle Control Road (Oracle/Tucson) - 2.0 Reply with quote

Cool thanks for watching chuck. Gonna attempt a TrailsOffroad writeup of Charlou Gap this weekend

usmc47
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Oracle Control Road (Oracle/Tucson) - 2.0 Reply with quote

Was up here this weekend, didn't see it mentioned anywhere but they close this road about 9 miles from the top From Dec 15th to March 5th or something like that. I still made the trip and no way around the gate but there is a big turn around area just before.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Oracle Control Road (Oracle/Tucson) - 2.0 Reply with quote

Take a look at Way point 14. Is that where you had to turn around?

usmc47
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Oracle Control Road (Oracle/Tucson) - 2.0 Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Take a look at Way point 14. Is that where you had to turn around?

14 looks like where the gates at and 13 is the turn around point

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Arizona Trail Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: