Friday, December 15, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Jyoung
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1995

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 137
Total: 137
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Arizona Trail Reviews › Broken Arrow (Sedona) - 2.5
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Broken Arrow (Sedona) - 2.5
Arizona Trail Reviews only, one thread per trail please!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexArizona Trail Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpeshulEd
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Broken Arrow (Sedona) - 2.5 Reply with quote

Saw that photo on someones facebook page...I'm positive those are the steps from Broken Arrow. I have no idea how its possible to flip a Jeep going down them though. That person must have had no idea what they were doing.
Miss_Artoo
Trail Leader
Trail Leader

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Broken Arrow (Sedona) - 2.5 Reply with quote

Looks like a rental Jeep!

Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Broken Arrow (Sedona) - 2.5 Reply with quote

I would guess he was going up....at the last hump he got in a pickle and got a little heavy on the gas....went high on the drivers side and flopped it....then rolled down to that point....

The same spot lance's son got tied up during our sedonafest night run in reverse.....

Some people should pay for the pink jeep tour!!!
enterconnect
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Broken Arrow (Sedona) - 2.5 Reply with quote

Here are some other pics from a couple of weeks ago.
swtribal
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Broken Arrow (Sedona) - 2.5 Reply with quote

I grew up in Sedona and this is definitely one of the funner runs in the area. The "Steps" are the hardest part but overall this is not that hard of a run. I got a stock Suburban through most of when I was younger ( no lockers...not sure on trac control in 4 low ) with only a few bumps on the underside. If you can get over the little barrier they made at the start of the trail to keep people without good vehicles from going in then you can do the whole thing.
ttaz
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Broken Arrow (Sedona) - 2.5 Reply with quote

I've done the trail and agree that it is pretty simple but a lot of fun. The worst part about the trail is trying to make way for the bunches of others on that trail. I talked to one of the drivers for the Pink Jeep Tours a few years ago and he said their jeeps don't have lockers or limited slip and they don't need them because the rock there is like sandpaper.
str8shooter
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Broken Arrow (Sedona) - 2.5 Reply with quote

Not a tough trail in midsummer! But you can make it tough if you play around too much, especially with speed. The rock is so smooth and beautiful, you want to climb everything! I ended up with some right rear lower bumper scrapes that I didn't expect on this trail. Also had to reform my tailpipe end with a pliers. My fault I'm sure. No need for that if you are careful. The stairs are overated, but make a great picture! Piece of cake going down. The hardest part of this trail is the obstacle at the beginning of the trail to keep lowriders out.
jlangs
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Broken Arrow (Sedona) - 2.5 Reply with quote

I did this run over this last weekend. My buddy and his wife got married up at Chicken Point. Not a bad place for a beautiful ceremony! This was my first ever trail ride and no problems whatsoever. Lots of fun and beautiful scenic views everywhere. This definitely gave me the bug. I can't wait to get out on another trail. I will have to pay attention to the forums so I can meet up with some of you guys for some good runs. Just thought I would throw in my two cents.
SMURFYA
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Broken Arrow (Sedona) - 2.5 Reply with quote

im doing this run next weekend anyone done it recently?

Angry_Tim
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Broken Arrow (Sedona) - 2.5 Reply with quote

SMURFYA wrote:
im doing this run next weekend anyone done it recently?

Yep, I was there Christmas Eve. Same trail, no surprises. Overloaded with Pink Jeeps but that is to be expected. Have fun.

i'm glad i figured out your shaft was already f'ed up
SMURFYA
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Broken Arrow (Sedona) - 2.5 Reply with quote

Sweet thanks im gunna be going the morning of the 16th anyone is welcome to join.

Scrapper
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Broken Arrow (Sedona) - 2.5 Reply with quote

I did a solo on Broken Arrow last year but was majorly pressed for time. 45 minutes in and out. I would like to enjoy it next time.
conejo
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Broken Arrow (Sedona) - 2.5 Reply with quote

Tried to do it last Sunday while there was snow, but it was closed to due to 'slippery and unsafe conditions'.

KF7YII
PureStreet
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Broken Arrow (Sedona) - 2.5 Reply with quote

Just a little bump.

I love this trail. the scenery is amazing so I try to take out of town guests up there. Most recently (9/21/2013), I took my grandmother and actually ended up scrapping in a number of locations that I hadn't before.

Coming down "slide rock" (optional) I stuffed the front skid into the rock at the bottom. Took a bit of clutch work to get off of it. I've never touched here (2.5" lift) and have run stock FJ's down it w/o issue before.

I also set the frame rails down on one of the steps. The Pink Heep guy said that they've had pretty heavy rain recently and that the steps are more washed out than normal.

Stock FJ's can still make it down though. Just don't mind a little undercarriage scrapping on the Steps.
enterconnect
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Broken Arrow (Sedona) - 2.5 Reply with quote

Thanks for the update.. I haven't ran it for 2 months and it was all good at that time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Arizona Trail Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: