Monday, May 20, 2019

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Tristam23
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2089

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 76
Total: 76
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › Shop recommendation for lift kit, bumper, etc...
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Shop recommendation for lift kit, bumper, etc...
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brandon87
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject: Shop recommendation for lift kit, bumper, etc... Reply with quote

Looking for a local dealer to purchase and install a lift kit and bumper/winch.

Do we have someone on here that is a vendor? Where do you guys go? I went to Desert Rat and 4 Wheel Parts yesterday and was not impressed with either. Couldn't even get some help at 4WP. SMH.

Thanks guys.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Shop recommendation for lift kit, bumper, etc... Reply with quote

If you are serious and want to do Radflo - contact Glideraz, azfj.org/index.php?nam...pic&t=3275 he's a dealer AND installer. For bumper, You can see Will at Sierra Expeditions. I'm not sure they do installs but SDHQ does.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Finn
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Shop recommendation for lift kit, bumper, etc... Reply with quote

Sierra Expeditions

calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Shop recommendation for lift kit, bumper, etc... Reply with quote

curious which location of Desert Rat, the customer service and knowledge seems to vary wildly.

And at 4WP if you didn't drive up in a Jeep, you aren't getting any attention at any location.

As for alternatives... it might be a good time for a good old "mod party". People needing stuff installed, meet at someone's house.. gather come cold beverages, and install stuff. Those types of get togethers were the norm back in "the day".
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Shop recommendation for lift kit, bumper, etc... Reply with quote

calichaos wrote:

As for alternatives... it might be a good time for a good old "mod party". People needing stuff installed, meet at someone's house.. gather come cold beverages, and install stuff. Those types of get togethers were the norm back in "the day".

THIS Very Happy

It's pretty straightforward to install a lift and bumpers for anyone who's handy with a wrench. These mod parties are great, not just at getting your stuff installed, but as a way to learn about your own rig, and meet some pretty good people too.

I don't have space host, and I'm sure no expert installer, but I'm happy to come lend a hand to help some people get their parts installed.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Shop recommendation for lift kit, bumper, etc... Reply with quote

4GaugeSurprise wrote:
calichaos wrote:

THIS Very Happy

It's pretty straightforward to install a lift and bumpers for anyone who's handy with a wrench. These mod parties are great, not just at getting your stuff installed, but as a way to learn about your own rig, and meet some pretty good people too.

I don't have space host, and I'm sure no expert installer, but I'm happy to come lend a hand to help some people get their parts installed.

Well, last one I attended was at AZFJ4AK's pad where a lift went onto her friends Ultimate edition. GliderAZ was in charge, I just adjusted my parking brake (Wrong I might add) and need to do it again. We NEED one again.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Shop recommendation for lift kit, bumper, etc... Reply with quote

I may be able to host one if I can get a weekend planned far enough out and people want to come to north Phoenix. Worst case I can install a lift and bumper/winch for you on a weekend day. You’re welcome to stay and learn as well. (My driveway can fit 10-20 rigs pretty easy, backyard can fit 40 or 50 if people want to just park and wrench)

Brandon87
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Shop recommendation for lift kit, bumper, etc... Reply with quote

calichaos wrote:
curious which location of Desert Rat, the customer service and knowledge seems to vary wildly.

And at 4WP if you didn't drive up in a Jeep, you aren't getting any attention at any location.

I went to the 4WP in Mesa, just off of Broadway. Waited for 30 minutes...
Desert Rat location just down the street, off of Broadway also I believe. I got a quote from a salesman but it was incorrect (he was charging me for 4 PAIRS of shocks, not 2) and he couldn't understand what went wrong even after I spelled it out to him ($2200 for OME lift kit and install SMH)

A "mod party" sounds awesome! I am somewhat handy with a wrench and would much rather learn how to do this kind of work than pay for the services

Last edited by Brandon87 on Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Brandon87
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: Shop recommendation for lift kit, bumper, etc... Reply with quote

BucketBoy wrote:
I may be able to host one if I can get a weekend planned far enough out and people want to come to north Phoenix. Worst case I can install a lift and bumper/winch for you on a weekend day. You’re welcome to stay and learn as well. (My driveway can fit 10-20 rigs pretty easy, backyard can fit 40 or 50 if people want to just park and wrench)

That would be awesome! Let's set up a 'mod party" or if that is too challenging to get many peoples schedules aligned than I would greatly appreciate your help installing these items on a weekend. I would prefer to stay, learn, and hang out!

BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Shop recommendation for lift kit, bumper, etc... Reply with quote

Brandon87 wrote:
BucketBoy wrote:

That would be awesome! Let's set up a 'mod party" or if that is too challenging to get many peoples schedules aligned than I would greatly appreciate your help installing these items on a weekend. I would prefer to stay, learn, and hang out!

How soon do you plan on purchasing your lift kit? I can start finding a day to come to Phoenix. (I’m mostly in Flagstaff but come down to Phoenix every once in a while)

calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Shop recommendation for lift kit, bumper, etc... Reply with quote

I'm in for the assist plus some cold beverages.

Be sure to plan this sooner rather than later.. no one enjoys wrenching outside in June. Smile
weatherspark.com/y/145...Year-Round
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Shop recommendation for lift kit, bumper, etc... Reply with quote

perhaps an option:
azrentalift.com/

or

www.diyperformanceautomotive.com/
BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Shop recommendation for lift kit, bumper, etc... Reply with quote

calichaos wrote:
perhaps an option:
azrentalift.com/

or

www.diyperformanceautomotive.com/

Might be putting a few of those lifts in a new garage of mine. Wouldn’t be ready until mid to late summer though. I work in the house garage all summer usually and it’s not that bad for me. I can roll out the AC too. Once he decides when he’ll have his parts we can find a Saturday that works for both of us and I’ll throw up a wrench party on that day as soon as we know the date. Cold beverages need to be provided though;)

Brandon87
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Shop recommendation for lift kit, bumper, etc... Reply with quote

BucketBoy wrote:
Brandon87 wrote:
BucketBoy wrote:

How soon do you plan on purchasing your lift kit? I can start finding a day to come to Phoenix. (I’m mostly in Flagstaff but come down to Phoenix every once in a while)

I can purchase it at any time. I'm ready and will to provide any beverages you guys want Very Happy

BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Shop recommendation for lift kit, bumper, etc... Reply with quote

I’ll check my schedule for mid April to early May. I know I have to drive to San Diego for a weekend from Flag and don’t really want to travel 2 weekends in a row but I may do that. I’ll probably figure it out early next week and let you know some possible weekends.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: