Monday, September 25, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: somjon
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1972

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 28
Total: 29
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: Yellowmk2 > Home

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › Member Buildups › Jimbolio's "Precious"
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Jimbolio's "Precious"
Please share with the community what you've done to your truck and anything else you've learned getting there.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

He's upgrading

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

Gotta mount my camping lab awning on it this weekend. Looks like the tub is not deep enough for the fridge. So it will go in the fj

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:46 am    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Question is, should I paint it Yellow?

Should I put the two 16" wheels I have that match the precious on it and sell the two 17" steelies?

Yes, and Yes!

I'm jealous. Some day I hope to convince the wife that she really doesn't need a trailer with a toilet and a shower (not that she ever goes camping with me anyway), and pick up something like this for a fraction of the kind of trailer she wants. Then I'll paint it to match my FJ, or paint the FJ.

KD7YKB
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Photo Gallery
K9OL
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

Paint it to match... Yellow body White top... And matching Tires & Rims.

Congratulations!
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

It's been a while, time to catch up
New fuel pump courtesy of EL CAMINO DEL DIABLO, U-Haul, and Desert Toyota.

New front lower control arms courtesy of energy suspension, Finn & Glider.

New Sonoran steel rear links. Thanks to Steve for making and delivering them in time for wrenching day. Take note of the all pro skid in the upper R corner.

All of the above was an attempt to fix an annoying rear end walk when power applied.
But the real problem was this, a link bolt hole hogged out, and the bolt that caused it.

And now thanks to All pro off road link skids, and Crazy John Fabricating skills, I have a permanent fix.

Isn't this beautiful work? Highly recommend him for your FJ needs
CRAZYJOHN also fixed my skid nuts and a bolt that partially fell through the bolt hole.

In all the Precious has been considerably hardened.

4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:

This is AWESOME!!! I was really tempted to use this idea last weekend, but I only needed to replace one LCA, and was doing too much other work at the same time, didn't want take the other side off to paint and let dry.
Well done Sir.

Jimbolio wrote:

But the real problem was this, a link bolt hole hogged out, and the bolt that caused it.

And now thanks to All pro off road link skids, and Crazy John Fabricating skills, I have a permanent fix.

Isn't this beautiful work? Highly recommend him for your FJ needs
CRAZYJOHN also fixed my skid nuts and a bolt that partially fell through the bolt hole.

This is the next issue (FJ related) I need to tackle. Hoping it's only the front mounts, but I know some people have had the same happen to the rear mounts on the same links too. I'm not sure if I am going to have my current skids welded in place or have the entire mount cut and replaced with something built for fools like me Wink
I imagine Precious is driving great now.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

The two front mounts were cut off by Crazy John to do this mod. So there is no more oblong hole, OR metal where it was left there. Fully supported by the much thicker AllPro Link Skids.

And to answer your question, with the new Fuel Pump and Skid Fix, the Precious is driving 'Dealership new' right now.

Last edited by Jimbolio on Tue May 03, 2016 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
The two front mounts were cut off by Crazy John to do this mod. So there is no more oblong hole, OR metal where it was left there. Fully supported by the much thicker AllPro Link Skids.

Did he just use washers on the inside to take up the extra space between the link bushing and the inside walls of the new "mount"?

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

I think he used some bushings that he had to buy. Maybe he'll chime in here and give us the exact specs. But yes, the ID of the bolt hole in the AllProSkid was greater than the ID of the link skid bushing hole. Hence avoiding the bolt picture above.

Last edited by Jimbolio on Sat May 14, 2016 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

Both Half Shafts now replaced. No more torn boots, no more grease in the Wheel well. 131,525 miles.

Thanks to the expert supervision/education by Brian. And the solution to the pull out problem from Toyo22R (Thanks Paul) Two Whacks it was out.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

Almost getting to the end of my journey. 135,009 Miles
Got my front AllPro bumper powder coated and added a Warn VR10000 winch.
I replaced the metal cable with a 120' synthetic rope that I bought from SDHQ about 4 years ago. It has a viking thimble spliced onto it.

Here we are coiling on the line under load. (And boy am I a load).

Not sure I'm happy with the fairlead so I may replace that in the future.

About all that's left to do is front UCA's

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

Another shout out to "CrazyJohn" Fab who made a bracket to keep my rotopax from breaking off (Twice already)

L-shaped hunk of aluminum now supports the 2x2 gallon pax.
Polishing

The stock bracket, w the parts that break laying on the bumper

The finshed support bracket

He did such an amazing job measuring that the tanks don't rotate at all now, nor does much of the bracket show

glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

Good work john...cool dude for sure

azfj owners are the best
CRAZYJOHN
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

Thanks for support Jim and Brian

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

My build thread approaches the end of the journey. There's not too much left to do.

Today crazy John put on my Total Chaos upper control arms

And did an amazing job with a body mount chop

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Member Buildups All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: