Sunday, August 20, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: RideAndHover
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1960

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 34
Total: 35
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: zzmikey > Home

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › Member Buildups › Jimbolio's "Precious"
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Jimbolio's "Precious"
Please share with the community what you've done to your truck and anything else you've learned getting there.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

3" OMEs. They are still doing the job

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
FJFEVER
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

Damn boys. I just priced out the icon remotes. A bit pricy. I'm rebuilding my fronts so thought I would switch the rears, maybe not.

195,162 FINAL MILES. DOA AFTER ROLLOVER.
NEXT CHAPTER...225,000 miles
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

You should call C-Fish, He did me right compared to the retail internets.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
FJFEVER
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

I believe I will,

AZFJTOY
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

FJFEVER wrote:
Damn boys. I just priced out the icon remotes. A bit pricy. I'm rebuilding my fronts so thought I would switch the rears, maybe not.

What's the rebuild cost? What shop? Are you adding the adjustable dampening?

FJFEVER
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

Fronts are $104 and tax each to rebuild. They are adjustable. SDHQ.

AZFJTOY
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

Thanks, FEVER. I've hit a couple of sharp washouts at 40-50mph, harder on the left side, and there's a knocking noise in the area that I can't identify. Since I know the shock was severely bottomed out I'm guessing there could be an internal problem.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

Maybe I should start a new build thread for this but for now I'll just leave this here.

I made the jump, I'm now a $1 RTT and M100 combo trailer owner (The M100 was considerably more than $1). After a 1,984 Mi trip to see Progolfer_20 in Arlington, TX, (After a 17 hour Drive). Gas just kept getting cheaper the further into TX I went. I paid a low of $1.53/gal in Marble Falls, TX. All in All I stopped for 9 fillups. Thank goodness for my ultragauge, it was spot on with respect to gallons remaining.

I drove home, (AND camped in) my new (to me) offroad trailer.
Here I am Sunday Morning in Waco looking for a new pigtail for the lights at Home Depot. Travis did an amazingly good job building this (Over building it I would say). It tracked so nice behind the precious that I could take my hand off the steering wheel on I10 for 2 minutes. I didn't even know it was there. (14 hrs driving @55 Legal MPH. )

And Camping out on a Ranch in Medina, TX.

I had a bunch of people keeping an eye on me on APRS. Thanks! I'm just glad I made it through EL Paso during the day. Just Sayin'

First order of business is a license Plate,
Then figure out an electrical system, a water storage system, a basket for the rack in front of the tent, etc etc etc.
I'm now a member of the "Trailer Troubles" club.

nimrag
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

Congratulations on the trailer. I am enjoying the M416 I picked up several months ago. It's not a big deal, but when you get a license plate for it, you can get one of the small ones, like a motorcycle has.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

This is the Canadian version, the M100, and is the most un-spoiled (Dings/rust) one I have seen. Travis did a lot of great fab work on it and even had a pro shop finish it off. There is a lot of really good work in the gussets, the latches, etc that show his attention to detail. If I had the money for it in November, I could have bought it from him in Phoenix instead of the 36 hour 3 day trip to get it. But then I'd have less to complain about.

Now I can unhook at the Overland Expo, the Summit, pretty much anywhere I want to camp without having fold up the RTT. (Which by the way, when at face level is 100% easier to zip and unzip from the cover.)

Question is, should I paint it Yellow?

Should I put the two 16" wheels I have that match the precious on it and sell the two 17" steelies?

AZFJTOY
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

Looks like a nice set-up and just the right size; not too big. Is the M100 the same size, weight and features as a US trailer? Paint it some sort of flat desert camo color.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

yeah, thinking flat desert Tan, like Desert Storm color.

Velociraptor
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

Congrats Jim!

I hope to join the trailer club one of these days. My FJ barely fits in my garage now so a RTT is not really a practical solution unless I have a trailer to put it on.

progolfer_20
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

Its a CDN M101, there are some threads in yahoo groups for the CDN M101. I actually have a binder full of info I'll mail you when I unpack

1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

progolfer_20 wrote:
Its a CDN M101, there are some threads in yahoo groups for the CDN M101. I actually have a binder full of info I'll mail you when I unpack

Is this the one you had in Utah? If so why did you decide to sell it?

Congrats Jimbolio.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Member Buildups All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: