Wednesday, August 16, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: RideAndHover
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1960

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 51
Total: 52
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: AMACK2012 > Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Arizona Trail Reviews › Backway to Crown King - 3.0
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Backway to Crown King - 3.0
Arizona Trail Reviews only, one thread per trail please!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexArizona Trail Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Backway to Crown King - 3.0 Reply with quote

FatRat wrote:
Jimbolio wrote:
?????????????????????? Shocked Shocked Shocked ?????????????????????????????

Break down:
Thoreau wrote:
Nice work on the arf account hijack,(He stole an Airport Rescue Fire Fighter's Retirement) but next time be sure to add mention of how 'you' (*snickers*) are pushing all my orders at the office to the front of the queue post-haste! (Giving CUTS at the Burger King) Twisted Evil

*hugs*! (NO HOMO)

Don't worry Jimbo....we can probably credit this post to bath salts.... Laughing

Wow, he must have some real silky smooth skin Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
FatRat
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Backway to Crown King - 3.0 Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
FatRat wrote:
Jimbolio wrote:
?????????????????????? Shocked Shocked Shocked ?????????????????????????????

Break down:
Thoreau wrote:
Nice work on the arf account hijack,(He stole an Airport Rescue Fire Fighter's Retirement) but next time be sure to add mention of how 'you' (*snickers*) are pushing all my orders at the office to the front of the queue post-haste! (Giving CUTS at the Burger King) Twisted Evil

*hugs*! (NO HOMO)

Don't worry Jimbo....we can probably credit this post to bath salts.... Laughing

Wow, he must have some real silky smooth skin Wink

Shocked Shocked
azeyecap
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Backway to Crown King - 3.0 Reply with quote

has anyone done this trail recently?

I work with a couple of wheeling newbies and I was going to take them on it. One wont have any issues in a jeep with 35''s, the other is in a 4x4 jeep with stock street-ish tires, they look like 32s. It is my feeling that this trail is way easier than a couple of years ago and the only part the stock jeep would need to worry about is being careful in the rock gardens to not smash their underside.
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Backway to Crown King - 3.0 Reply with quote

I did it a month ago...completely doable.

Only tough part for a stock would be that last long obstacle as that was really dug out last time we went up and a couple of us needed a tug

"New England Patriots - 2017 Superbowl Champs!"
FatRat
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Backway to Crown King - 3.0 Reply with quote

zzmikey wrote:

Only tough part for a stock would be that last long obstacle as that was really dug out last time we went up and a couple of us needed a tug

Last long obstacle???? Huh??
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Backway to Crown King - 3.0 Reply with quote

FatRat wrote:
zzmikey wrote:

yes, as our friend Conejo so aptly displays last year Smile
www.youtube.com/v/61di...r_embedded

the last longer uphill rock crawl before you drop down into the wooded area

FatRat
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Backway to Crown King - 3.0 Reply with quote

AHHHH....yes that one.
azeyecap
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Backway to Crown King - 3.0 Reply with quote

zzmikey wrote:
FatRat wrote:
zzmikey wrote:

ohh yes, now I remember this part. Is there a bypass to this one?
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Backway to Crown King - 3.0 Reply with quote

yep, there is a bypass to all of them, although this is the only one a stock would need to take

bushwacker
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Backway to Crown King - 3.0 Reply with quote

zzmikey wrote:
FatRat wrote:
zzmikey wrote:

Notice the snake like slither on the way up the hill...............coupled with the left/right motion of the steering wheels in an attempt to wiggle up the rock (like a fat kid trying to squirm out of the pool) with a case of light foot, which very abrubtly turns to a heavy foot for just a short moment............and then to end it all with a tow strap. its magical!

The Rain would have been the final straw for me too bud!

"F@#$ it wheres the strap?"

conejo
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Backway to Crown King - 3.0 Reply with quote

bushwacker wrote:
zzmikey wrote:
FatRat wrote:
zzmikey wrote:

Notice the snake like slither on the way up the hill...............coupled with the left/right motion of the steering wheels in an attempt to wiggle up the rock (like a fat kid trying to squirm out of the pool) with a case of light foot, which very abrubtly turns to a heavy foot for just a short moment............and then to end it all with a tow strap. its magical!

The Rain would have been the final straw for me too bud!

"F@#$ it wheres the strap?"

You are a poet.

KF7YII
azeyecap
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Backway to Crown King - 3.0 Reply with quote

azeyecap wrote:
has anyone done this trail recently?

I work with a couple of wheeling newbies and I was going to take them on it. One wont have any issues in a jeep with 35''s, the other is in a 4x4 jeep with stock street-ish tires, they look like 32s. It is my feeling that this trail is way easier than a couple of years ago and the only part the stock jeep would need to worry about is being careful in the rock gardens to not smash their underside.

I did this trail today and it was very enjoyable. The trail is in OK condition, not as difficult as it can be but not super easy either if you skip the bypasses. The part that was bladed last year still has not recovered, and the old bypass is now more difficult. The long, steep thing (someone has a video in this thread getting stuck on it in a thunderstorm) is in pretty bad shape and is still hard at the top when you tend to high center a bit. I didn't try since I didn't have anyone to spot me that knows what they are doing.

My newb jeep friends did OK. One of them broke down at the top of the mountain and I had to tow their jeep into Crown King in shame in front of all the other Jeepers that were hanging out at the bar Smile . Win for the FJ. after about an hour we got it fixed enough to get home.

MrVTX
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Backway to Crown King - 3.0 Reply with quote

I ran this trail today with Santiago (mouzer11) and a couple of his buddies in Jeeps. I was glad to see that Mother Nature is doing her thing and beginning to reclaim the trail! It was a very different experience today than my last trip just a few months ago. The recent rains created a lot of ruts and eroded plenty of dirt that was previously packed in to smooth the trail, leaving more rock and loose stuff to navigate. Kudos to Santiago for making it up the one really difficult obstacle that has snagged so many FJs on the final dozen yards or so. Once he got lined up, Santiago made it through on the first try in just one shot through the rock steps. This was after we watched several Jeeps in the group ahead of us pulling each other through. Santiago's buddy in the Jeep made it too, but it took several tries. Great job! There is video, so hopefully Santiago will post it.
NEMISI5
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Backway to Crown King - 3.0 Reply with quote

Just ran this trail the other day, and I've got some bad news. The beginning of the trail is still good. The obstacles are still there, but then I ran into a couple bulldozers near the rock garden. The owners of the land complained that they don't have access to their land, and are having the trail plowed and graded. They're doing this for a few miles of the trail..from 192 all the way back to fort misery ( according to one worker). I've got pictures, just not flickr account to load them from. Theyve plowed through one rock garden, and even filled in the creek that you'd ride the ridge along. Sorry to say this, but this trail ( minus the optional beginning obstacles) should now be downgraded to a 2.0. If anyone wants the pics, shoot me a pm with your email addy or phone and ill send you the pics to upload, its pretty sad

1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Backway to Crown King - 3.0 Reply with quote

Here's the picture.
farm4.staticflickr.com...3325_h.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Arizona Trail Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: