Wednesday, June 28, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Mrjoel326
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1943

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 13
Total: 13
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Arizona Trail Reviews › Charouleau Gap (Tucson/Oracle) - 3.0
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Charouleau Gap (Tucson/Oracle) - 3.0
Arizona Trail Reviews only, one thread per trail please!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexArizona Trail Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Charouleau Gap (Tucson/Oracle) - 3.0 Reply with quote

Aight

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
ratfink
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Charouleau Gap (Tucson/Oracle) - 3.0 Reply with quote

TrAiLbUs1 wrote:
We may need to start with Chiva then work from there for round 2Very Happy Chiva is the best it's been in years.

Jeebus, lets do this during the week so I can come along. I did Chiva about a year ago. Good times.

tibaal89
Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Charouleau Gap (Tucson/Oracle) - 3.0 Reply with quote

Are you good on Fridays? I have every Friday off this semester...

check out my BLOG

Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Photo Gallery
Angry_Tim
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Charouleau Gap (Tucson/Oracle) - 3.0 Reply with quote

tibaal89 wrote:
Are you good on Fridays? I have every Friday off this semester...

Night run on Chiva, I'm in.

i'm glad i figured out your shaft was already f'ed up
blue10
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Charouleau Gap (Tucson/Oracle) - 3.0 Reply with quote

Angry_Tim wrote:

....hmmmm......

“The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools.”

KF7WSA
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Charouleau Gap (Tucson/Oracle) - 3.0 Reply with quote

blue10 wrote:
Angry_Tim wrote:

....hmmmm......

I'll definitely have to get my lights working then. AND the plus is 'NO LIGHT FOR YOUTUBE' Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
FJFEVER
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Charouleau Gap (Tucson/Oracle) - 3.0 Reply with quote

When would this adventure procede?

195,162 FINAL MILES. DOA AFTER ROLLOVER.
NEXT CHAPTER...223,000 miles
blue10
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Charouleau Gap (Tucson/Oracle) - 3.0 Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
....'NO LIGHT FOR YOUTUBE' Smile

No more video is needed. It's been well documented. Shocked

What you should be hoping for is video proof that you can drive Three Feathers safely and correctly once The Divine Mr. Bus gets done with the stick lessons. Cool

“The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools.”

KF7WSA
tmeddy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Charouleau Gap (Tucson/Oracle) - 3.0 Reply with quote

Oooohhhhh i could be talked into this one...
CopDoc
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Charouleau Gap (Tucson/Oracle) - 3.0 Reply with quote

I'm in but don't want to try this during the night. I have almost any day but a friday night is out. Gotta cover a practise Sat early.

Doc

I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six
ratfink
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: Charouleau Gap (Tucson/Oracle) - 3.0 Reply with quote

I am off on Tue, Wed, and Thur. I have to get up at 0200 am to go to work so night runs unless I am off are out for me. Thanks for trying to work with me on this. I do need to get out more.

cruiser_ss396
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Charouleau Gap (Tucson/Oracle) - 3.0 Reply with quote

Went into the GAP today, was dry and nice entering and coming back out and it was wet and slippery!! Had some pucker moments for sure.

The trail was smooth for the most part but I can say it gets slick when wet!! I go pretty slow.....as some of you know and in the stocker I only hit the front skid a few times scraped a wing on an obstacle. A slight lift and better tires on a stock FJ will make this trail super fun!!!

Sun, wind, rain and big hail stones.....

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Charouleau Gap (Tucson/Oracle) - 3.0 Reply with quote

Did you go all the way through?

cruiser_ss396
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Charouleau Gap (Tucson/Oracle) - 3.0 Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Did you go all the way through?

No went to close an area that has some mines and we turned around. It was raining and hailing pretty damn hard. The major worry was me getting out. Turns out a Jeep was the major project getting out. They slipped off a rock and got turned side ways. He was close to going over. Took us about 30-45 minutes to get him turned and heading the right direction. Glad it was not me!!!

This guy was great and helped me pick the some good lines and his passenger had my camara for the pics that were taken of me in the FJ.

I was with 3 Jeeps and a Taco. A group of guys from work....I recruited a new AZFJ member also. He did not bring his FJ, he was shot gun in the Jeep in the pictures.

This is the same place as the last two pics in my post above.

conejo
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Charouleau Gap (Tucson/Oracle) - 3.0 Reply with quote

Looks like a lot of slippery wet fun!

KF7YII
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Arizona Trail Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: