Sunday, September 15, 2019

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: AZBCE
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2108

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 72
Total: 73
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: peacesells63 > Forums

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › 4x4 Tech › Front Bumper Refinish Paint Suggestions
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Front Bumper Refinish Paint Suggestions
Howtos, reviews, and gear questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZCruiser
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: Front Bumper Refinish Paint Suggestions Reply with quote

I am going to be refinishing my front bumper since I have had some areas of rust showing. Originally it was powder coated, which has since began to lift and peel on some spots. I am going to have the entire thing sand blasted to remove the powder coat and rust. I was just wondering if any of you have done this and what did you repaint yours with. I have heard some using bed liner paint and was curious if this is a good route to go or not. OR just straight up paint with Rustoleum or something equivalent. Thoughts?
GillT
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Front Bumper Refinish Paint Suggestions Reply with quote

I am interested in what people say. I have a bumper that I ordered bare metal (reszfab is very slowwwww!) that I was thinking of rattle canning and/or putting liner on it.

A highly dangerous virus called "Weekly Overload Recreational Killer" (WORK) is currently going around. If you come in contact with this WORK virus, you should immediately go to the nearest BAR for "Biological Anxiety Relief".
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Front Bumper Refinish Paint Suggestions Reply with quote

Textured semi gloss black or flat

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
donkeypuncher
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Front Bumper Refinish Paint Suggestions Reply with quote

Sand blasting should be included in most powder quotes. front bumper takes the most abuse. I would do it right the first time and not have to think about it again.

AZCruiser
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Front Bumper Refinish Paint Suggestions Reply with quote

donkeypuncher wrote:
Sand blasting should be included in most powder quotes. front bumper takes the most abuse. I would do it right the first time and not have to think about it again.

Yeah, I was told that powder coats can be a problem if water gets underneath, as in my case, and the guys that did mine did a very poor job. I'm likely going with just paint after sandblasting, but was curious what the best route is in paint refinishing.
tibaal89
Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Bumper Refinish Paint Suggestions Reply with quote

I liked my results with Rustoleum flat black because it's trivially easy to repair. Scrape it up, spray some more on. Parked outside it will fade in a few years, spray some more on. Etc.

check out my BLOG

Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Photo Gallery
AZCruiser
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Bumper Refinish Paint Suggestions Reply with quote

tibaal89 wrote:
I liked my results with Rustoleum flat black because it's trivially easy to repair. Scrape it up, spray some more on. Parked outside it will fade in a few years, spray some more on. Etc.

Sounds like a good option. Will definitely consider this. Thanks!
BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: Front Bumper Refinish Paint Suggestions Reply with quote

I raptor lined mine myself. I think it looks pretty good and it’s fairly inexpensive. If I didn’t do that I’d rattle can it

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> 4x4 Tech All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: