Wednesday, August 21, 2019

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: TeeJay
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2103

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 63
Total: 63
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › 4x4 Tech › Cargo refrigerator slide install
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Cargo refrigerator slide install
Howtos, reviews, and gear questions
Go to page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Havanahooligan
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:43 pm    Post subject: Cargo refrigerator slide install Reply with quote

I just bought a CFX 50W Dometic and a slide for it. Pretty excited to try it out on the trail. However, how has everyone else handled the attachment of the slide?
Have people simply drilled through the flooring and the tub? Or cut out the flooring? Someone at work tacked Bolts on underneath so the bolts had good attachments.
I’m just looking for ideas on how to install the slide and have it work well and look good.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Cargo refrigerator slide install Reply with quote

I have the same question, though not as cool (pun intended) of a fridge as you.K

Lots on the blue room
r.tapatalk.com/shareLi...are_type=t

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Havanahooligan
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Cargo refrigerator slide install Reply with quote

I hooked the fridge up to the cig lighter and it quickly brought the temp down. I took it inside and put a tray of water in, and in the morning, had ice. I'm pretty happy with its performance so far. I'd like to get a dual battery setup to get the startup battery off load. That may be down the road a bit though.
Havanahooligan
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Cargo refrigerator slide install Reply with quote

I am thinking that i will cut a board down to size and use the floor hooks to attach to somehow, and screw the slide into that.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: Cargo refrigerator slide install Reply with quote

I'm thinking the same

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Cargo refrigerator slide install Reply with quote

Cut a piece of heavy ply to square size. Either paint, bedline, or carpet it with cheap carpet. There’s 2 bolts close to the rear door for factory tie down locations but you can buy longer ones and bolt the board to that. Not sure if you’ll be able to make it to the center ones closet to the seats as they’re higher. May just be time for a custom rear shelving unit like many of us have

Havanahooligan
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Cargo refrigerator slide install Reply with quote

So i used 3/4 plywood and wrapped it in outdoor carpet. I through bolted at the front with M6 bolts. I kept the hoop on the driver side. I stopped the board at the beginning of the ramp in the back. I used spacers, longer M6 bolts, wood screws and metal straps to secure the board. It works great. It sits low enough to clear the angle of the back seat, but it is tight to the back of the seat and the door. If it were any higher, there would be pressure closing the rear door.

So, I do have two issues still.
1. The cigarette lighter is switched with the ignition. I assume that i can modify this through the fuse box and find a constant "on" and connect to that. Have anyone gone that route?
2. The cord is too short to reach the cig lighter at the dash. I bought a cig lighter extension cord, but apparently there was too much voltage drop and the fridge would not work. I have a second battery in my future, but that a project for next winter. Does anybody have ideas on a temporary or easy way to get power to the back?
CRAZYJOHN
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Cargo refrigerator slide install Reply with quote

hard wire a rear lighter through the chassis to a fuse in line at the chassis batt? by passing the fj's wiring

nimrag
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: Cargo refrigerator slide install Reply with quote

Maybe this will work,

www.fjcforums.com/foru...-pics.html
CRAZYJOHN
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Cargo refrigerator slide install Reply with quote

that works

Havanahooligan
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Cargo refrigerator slide install Reply with quote

Perfect!
Thanks for the link. That will be easier than stringing a wire from the front.
CRAZYJOHN
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Cargo refrigerator slide install Reply with quote

try not to use a uhaul connector to splice your 12v source , cut and splice your wires with a butt connector.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Cargo refrigerator slide install Reply with quote

Hey John, want some fab work to get mine in? I could do it, but it would be a hack job.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Cargo refrigerator slide install Reply with quote

Here's the one I have.
www.indelb.com/product..._box/tb51a

You can still get em under $600
www.equipt1.com/produc...t_campaign

I bought a transit bag here:
Iron Man, fits perfect
www.sierraexpeditions....il&p=12699

Havanahooligan
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Cargo refrigerator slide install Reply with quote

Nice! I may have to consider one of those.

Looking at the wires, they appear to be small so I suspect that the voltage drop will still cause me problems. I think I'm going to pull a new 10 gauge wire from the battery and feed it up through that grommet.
I'll put an inline fuse off of the battery to keep things safe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> 4x4 Tech All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: