Monday, June 17, 2019

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: FJCruisin8677
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2091

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 73
Total: 73
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › 4x4 Tech › Fortin Remote Start Install (now with electrical question)
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Fortin Remote Start Install (now with electrical question)
Howtos, reviews, and gear questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CuInAZ
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: Fortin Remote Start Install (now with electrical question) Reply with quote

I wanted to share my experiences installing the Fortin Evo One with T-harness and ftx84 remote in case anyone is interested. If you've done some switches for accessories before Id say it was on similar level of complexity. First you hook up module and flasher to your PC and upload latest firmware. This was pretty starighforward download and UI for the upload. Then used the Fortin wiring manual which became the sticking point. They left out a couple of things...so you need to reference the second manual which is the all wire version. THis is for the brake light and parking wires which also have pictures here. 4 or 5 splices all said and done.
For the 2012-14 manual they didnt mention cut yellow loop (for autos), tie A11 (black) to brake light in kick panel and that you need the valet switch plugged in to program the remote. Once added those I called Fortin (who answer fast but arent the friendliest) and the 2nd guy I spoke to was nice enough to actually help. Basically there is a sequence you hit to pair them and remotes programmed. Something like hold it down then hit it 5x but I was just following along, couldnt find it in material. I dont think any of the FJs can turn on with oem remote (at least this company). Hope it helps if someone is looking I couldnt find much on the topics anywhere but it's a do-able project.

Last edited by CuInAZ on Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
CuInAZ
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Fortin Remote Start Install Reply with quote

So apparently I lied because I didn't hook up the lock/unlock for the remote (and of course am having issue with it). I attached a couple of wire pics, was hoping someone could chime in (2014). The schematic (and pic) says to tap into pins 4 and 5 for lock/unlock for plug off side of fuse panel. They reference different wire colors on pin 5 (purple vs blue/orange). Mine is blue/orange like pictured but hook it up and it wont unlock. At this point all I can narrow it down to is wrong wires. Any tests I can do to check??? I will check continuity later when get home but wires/pins look right?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> 4x4 Tech All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: