Wednesday, May 22, 2019

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Tristam23
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2089

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 90
Total: 90
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › OBDII BAFX, BLUEDRIVER???
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
OBDII BAFX, BLUEDRIVER???
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joeynational
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject: OBDII BAFX, BLUEDRIVER??? Reply with quote

I need a OBD reader for my wifes car but after looking around looks like these two are pretty cool and could be helpful with offroading. Especially the BAFX running the Torque app. Just looking for some input if anyone is using these? I specifically need these to monitor if my wife's car is ready for emissions test. We just failed because the car was "not ready" for O2 sensor and Air Evap.

Thanks
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII BAFX, BLUEDRIVER??? Reply with quote

I have a generic elm327 from Ebay .. pairs well with Torque and provides all the data an amateur shade tree mechanic needs.

If you pay more than 10.00. .. you are over paying
s.click.aliexpress.com/e/qUUQah2
B1ackSh33p
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII BAFX, BLUEDRIVER??? Reply with quote

I am also running the elm327. I picked mine up from Amazon though. Don't remember what I paid for it though, but it was not much, probably less than $20 from what I remember. It's the 2nd one I've ordered as I gave one to my son for his vehicle when he was running into issues.
Paired with the torque app it works fantastic. Hooks up straightaway every time I turn on my FJ. I keep track of mpg (mostly lack of), intake temp, vehicle speed, GPS speed, coolant temp and transmission temp (mostly when towing).
Heck, the torque app even records my GPS track for trails and miles and what not to revisit when I get back home.
Torque and the elm327 are a good combo.
Oh, and I can scan my vehicle to help diagnose any CEL issues. Can also clear the CEL after it's been diagnosed and fixed.
Great app!!

Helluva ride to the Dark Side!
Joeynational
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: OBDII BAFX, BLUEDRIVER??? Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies! One question will the Torque app also check EOBD codes like Airbag, ABS, Transmission codes?
B1ackSh33p
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: OBDII BAFX, BLUEDRIVER??? Reply with quote

All of those codes may or may not be available as readable codes through the vehicle manufacturer through OBDII. I'm pretty sure you should be able to read the ABS code, but would have to research the other two.
You can do a little searching on the torque forum page here: torque-bhp.com/forums/...orum&f=1.0

Hope you find what you're looking for!

Helluva ride to the Dark Side!
CuInAZ
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: OBDII BAFX, BLUEDRIVER??? Reply with quote

I have the bluedriver. (Though it'd be hard to beat the $3 bootleg version if it works). Can't give the most in depth review as I have limited use with it but I was able to clear some codes I threw while playing with airbox and check if I'd pass smog for fun. It was neat being able to watch the air flow rate
and intake temps live for that. You can then ouput these reports as .csv if you wanted to plot it or save it, I just looked to see the format. There are videos on in on utube (im sure you've seen by now) that might give you better feel for UI.
nimrag
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII BAFX, BLUEDRIVER??? Reply with quote

Look up “drive cycle” for the type of car your wife has, to make it “ready”. My last time for emissions, my fj failed for “not ready”. My CEL was on and I reset right before the test and it was “not ready”.

After doing a drive cycle, it was “ready” and passed emissions. I have a scan gauge, so I was able to see when it was ready.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: