Friday, December 14, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: jameswise
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2065

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 81
Total: 81
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › 4x4 Tech › $200 MOOG lower control arms any good?
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
$200 MOOG lower control arms any good?
Howtos, reviews, and gear questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaportrail
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject: $200 MOOG lower control arms any good? Reply with quote

If I need to spend $100 on bushings to rebuild and keep the old ball joint, why not pay $200 and get the whole assembly?

One question-

Why are the lowers so much cheaper than uppers?
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: $200 MOOG lower control arms any good? Reply with quote

vaportrail wrote:

One question-

Why are the lowers so much cheaper than uppers?

multi vehicle compatibility is my guess.

also dont forget to check amazon warehouse.. that is where I got mine for CHEAP!
fjlarry
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: $200 MOOG lower control arms any good? Reply with quote

Cali, can you share what part # for your lower control arms? I'm thinking going this route.

calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: $200 MOOG lower control arms any good? Reply with quote

I just checked my Amazon order from 2015.. not Moog

Raybestos 507-1724 $25.00
smile.amazon.com/gp/pr...00B8KGN8O/
Raybestos 507-1725 $29.00
smile.amazon.com/gp/pr...00B8KGN8E/

I didn't realize these were so cheap; the Amazon warehouse normally has damaged / not pretty boxes.. but my parts came double boxed and without a scratch!

they have been on for 3 years now through HEAVY wheeling and daily commute abuse.. not a single problem.

Last edited by calichaos on Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:37 am; edited 2 times in total
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: $200 MOOG lower control arms any good? Reply with quote

Wow those are cheap.....for that price I would even be willing to get em

calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: $200 MOOG lower control arms any good? Reply with quote

When I got the Raybestos I compared OEM side by side and even weighed them, I couldn't find a single design or manufacture difference, my guess this is the OEM manufacture for Toyota.. but I have no data/proof to back that claim up.
fjlarry
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: $200 MOOG lower control arms any good? Reply with quote

I've been looking more at control arms. 1A Auto has a pair for 146$. If my stock ones made it 12 years/225K I think these should too.

vaportrail
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: $200 MOOG lower control arms any good? Reply with quote

fjlarry wrote:
I've been looking more at control arms. 1A Auto has a pair for 146$. If my stock ones made it 12 years/225K I think these should too.

150 bux for a PAIR of lowers?
Wow, I wish I would have seen this, I would have tried them...

I looked and couldn't find raybestos-

Already pulled the trigger on the MOOG lowers, since the wife is taking vacation time next week, that's when we need to start this project.
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: $200 MOOG lower control arms any good? Reply with quote

fjlarry wrote:

well damn!!! I had not known of the 1A Auto goodness...

www.1aauto.com/control...973&y=2007

though I am not familiar with the Mevotech brand of parts.. like you said for the price.. I think it just might be worth the try... maybe

www.amazon.com/Mevotec...merReviews
fjlarry
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: $200 MOOG lower control arms any good? Reply with quote

Are the ones from 1A Auto Mevotec brand?

calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: $200 MOOG lower control arms any good? Reply with quote

fjlarry wrote:
Are the ones from 1A Auto Mevotec brand?

yes

if you click the "View More" under "THIS PART REPLACES"

you will see:

Reference Number MS86112
Reference Number MS86113

those are Mevotec part numbers

however... under warranty you will be glad to see

"Lifetime Warranty

This item is backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will exchange the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser."
fjlarry
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: $200 MOOG lower control arms any good? Reply with quote

Thx Cali. I wonder if I should get these and then have the Moog ball joint installed. Or is that not possible? Or am I over thinking it????

calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: $200 MOOG lower control arms any good? Reply with quote

fjlarry wrote:
Thx Cali. I wonder if I should get these and then have the Moog ball joint installed. Or is that not possible? Or am I over thinking it????

is it possible... yes.
are you over thinking it... yes.

if you go the Mevotec route.. get them, use them until they wear out and report back to this thread with your results.. then claim warranty.

I think you said you were gonna keep the factory ones to rebuild, so not like you would have a LOT of down time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> 4x4 Tech All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: