Tuesday, August 21, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Kowboy26
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2048

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 68
Total: 69
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: zzmikey > Home

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Classifieds › Used Hankook Dynapro MTs (4) Good shape. $500 for 4
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Used Hankook Dynapro MTs (4) Good shape. $500 for 4
Sell all worldly possessions here. Commercial advertising prohibited, read forum rules.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Junior
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Used Hankook Dynapro MTs (4) Good shape. $500 for 4 Reply with quote

I have four Hankook Dynapro MTs in 285/75R16 for sale. Used, they have about 9/32 left on them, and they're in good shape. A little bit of normal scuffing, but no chunking or anything troubling.

Last week I blew a sidewall in one of mine (I had a mid-speed leak, and by the time I got off the road, I'd blown the sidewall out). I had already been planning on changing size when it was time to replace these, but Discount honored my certificate for the blown one, and today I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on a new set of Toyo 255/85R16 pizza cutters.

Those will get installed tomorrow morning, and then I'll have the Hankooks available to sell. Anybody need one at $150 each or $500 for the four?

mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Used Hankook Dynapro MTs (4) Good shape. $500 for 4 Reply with quote

I don’t need any tires. But i would like to see pics of your fj with the pizza cutters and a review of them when you can. Curious if they affect speed stability? Mpg? How the weight difference feels? Etc.

GLWS
Junior
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Used Hankook Dynapro MTs (4) Good shape. $500 for 4 Reply with quote

I have a few unceremonious photos but haven't taken any in the good light.

I LOVE the fit, visually and physically. The 285/75s always felt a little bit "ballooney" to me. These just look right to me. In fact, I think you could actually go narrower for a real pizza cutter look - but these are exactly what I hoped for in terms of fit.

I should point out that I'm running a 16x8 wheel with a 3.75" backspacing, which is equivalent to 1-1/8" spacers. So my stance is a bit wider than stock. And they recommend it on a 7" rim, but 8" is within specs.

Too early to talk much about road manners, especially with all the wind today. I do notice the pitch of the hum is a bit higher than with the Hankooks - not necessarily louder, but I notice it because it's slightly different.

To be honest, I never took accurate mileage numbers before, so to do so now doesn't mean much in this case. I think the Toyos weigh 61 lbs each while the Hankooks are 62 each.

Here are some photos:

ratfink
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: Used Hankook Dynapro MTs (4) Good shape. $500 for 4 Reply with quote

Looks good Junior.
Glad to see you're still in the game!

4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Used Hankook Dynapro MTs (4) Good shape. $500 for 4 Reply with quote

love that look.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Used Hankook Dynapro MTs (4) Good shape. $500 for 4 Reply with quote

Yea...looks good!!
B1ackSh33p
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Used Hankook Dynapro MTs (4) Good shape. $500 for 4 Reply with quote

Looks good! This was my initial plan (pizza cutters on 17" rims), but then my direction changed. Glad someone went with these. Let us know how they perform.

Helluva ride to the Dark Side!
Junior
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Used Hankook Dynapro MTs (4) Good shape. $500 for 4 Reply with quote

Bump in case anyone was looking to get into some 31s, or wants a set cheap!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: