Monday, May 21, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: FJ_TXO
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2015

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 156
Total: 156
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › 4/7/18 AZ Treks run to Smiley Rock
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
4/7/18 AZ Treks run to Smiley Rock
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Splagg
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject: 4/7/18 AZ Treks run to Smiley Rock Reply with quote

Anyone going? Anyone been on any other runs with this group?

Copied from FB Post: www.facebook.com/event...697806295/
Quote:

Just outside of Jerome, one of the most famous and ghostly mining towns in all Arizona, sits a rock that never stops smiling. Smiley Rock is one of the more famous off-road trails in the State and for good reason. The drive is challenging, but not overly difficult and provides inspiring scenery as you travel along the south edge of the Woodchute Wilderness Area inside the cool and shaded Martin Canyon. The main attraction is the rock with a smile set in stone. It sits there smiling at you and this is the type of trail in which you could honestly smile back.

We will meet up at the Mcdonalds at i17 and Carefree at 8 am for those coming from Phoenix., Those coming from the North will meetup at 9am at the Mavericks gas station off Hwy 69 in Prescott.. Eric Shinsky in his dark green jeep will lead the south group up. I will be meeting everyone at Maverick's in my orange jeep.

Technical rating: (5) Moderate
Rutted and/or rocky road. No shelves. Rocks up to 12" and water crossings up to 12" with possible currents. Passable mud. Moderate grades to 15 degrees. 6" holes. Side hill to 20 degrees. 4WD required. No width problems.

I chatted with the organizer and am planning on meeting up in Jerome at the parking lot just past the fire station. I'll be there about 9:30-9:45 to catch the group and join in when they come by.

Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 4/7/18 AZ Treks run to Smiley Rock Reply with quote

Would like to hit smiley but can't make it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: