Friday, June 22, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: JohnnyOutlaw
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2027

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 120
Total: 120
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › FJ Summit 12!
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
FJ Summit 12!
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 12! Reply with quote

He's a peach that Ratfink!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
SpoilerFJ84
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 12! Reply with quote

deb, I'm doing Imogen on friday at 0650.

debFJVT
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 12! Reply with quote

Too bad it doesn’t match up with mine...I’m leading a Friday night run, and again Saturday morning. But good you’ll be up at the pass early enough to avoid getting hailed on Rolling Eyes I’m staying at Twin Peaks - hope to see AZFJ people there!
SpoilerFJ84
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 12! Reply with quote

deb, do you know how I can get in a night run? I was stupid and didn't register for one at the time, and now it says they are all full. I'm sure people drop out...

debFJVT
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 12! Reply with quote

Yes I do know how...it’s true people drop out and even no show! I’ve led night runs for the past three years and not once was one full. But if you want a confirmed spot, and want to do Imogene (versus Oh point/Mineral creek) you’ll have to PM me and I can work something out Wink Doing Mineral Creek at night is a PITA...Imogene at night (if it’s clear) is AMAZING....
K9OL
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 12! Reply with quote

SpoilerFJ84 wrote:
deb, do you know how I can get in a night run? I was stupid and didn't register for one at the time, and now it says they are all full. I'm sure people drop out...

You could always do your own night run... I ran Black Bear at midnight a few years ago. If I go up this year I will be making another night run.
darwinjr
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 12! Reply with quote

I am recruiting fellow Arizona FJ owners interested in joining me to the FJ Summit in Ouray July 18-20. I did not register in time for the Summit itself, but I do have a coveted hotel reservation at Twin Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs July 17-21:

www.twinpeakslodging.com/

Twin queen beds, none smoking, no pets room.

We can form our own trail convoys. This will be my 3rd trip to Ouray and with recent mods (recently tested at the Maze) I can now do up to the moderate trails (Alpine Loop, Engineer Pass, Imogene Pass, Mineral Creek, The Gulches). I'm not too proud to do the easy trails again.

I will be hoping to offset the $1,509.00 cost of this hotel room, otherwise I will cancel my reservation and just car camp again. I have until June 17 to pay for or cancel my hotel reservations.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Last edited by darwinjr on Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
debFJVT
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 12! Reply with quote

darwinjr wrote:
I am recruiting fellow Arizona FJ owners interested in joining me to the FJ Summit in Ouray July 18-20. I did not register in time for the Summit itself, but I do have a coveted hotel reservation at Twin Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs July 17-21:

www.twinpeakslodging.com/

Twin queen beds, none smoking, no pets room.

We can form our own trail convoys. This will be my 3rd trip to Ouray and with recent mods (recently tested at the Maze) I can now do up to the moderate trails (Alpine Loop, Engineer Pass, Imogene Pass, Mineral Creek, The Gulches). I'm not too proud to do the easy trails again.

I will be hoping to offset the $1,509.00 cost of this hotel room, otherwise I will cancel my reservation and just car camp again. I have until June 17 to pay for or cancel my hotel reservations.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

I’m staying there too - would be fun to have an AZFJ gathering!!
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 12! Reply with quote

I recommend going up the Telluride way

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
K9OL
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 12! Reply with quote

Anyone staying at the 4J campground?
tibaal89
Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 12! Reply with quote

oops Surprised expeditionportal.com/t...-to-close/

from the summit folks on facebook...

Quote:
Hey everyone,

We want to make you all aware of the announcement that the Forest Service is planning on closing the entire San Juan National Forest today because of ongoing fire danger. We are in contact with the Forest Service and BLM about this closure and will have more information for you in the coming days.

Our understanding right now is that this closure only effects one of our scheduled trail runs (Black Bear/Ophir). We have a contingency plan in the event for situations such as these and will be activating that plan should the trail run be closed during the Summit. It is important to note that we still have over a month till the Summit to see what the weather does.

Should you have any questions, please let us know.

~ FJ Summit Team

check out my BLOG

Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Photo Gallery
azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 12! Reply with quote

FYI I came across this

www.fs.usda.gov/detail...EV3_002300

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 12! Reply with quote

Effects Black Bear pass only as far as I can tell. Visit Trailsffroad.com for current opening / closed status.

V1 of the new website launches on Sunday.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: