Friday, December 14, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: jameswise
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2065

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 75
Total: 75
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › 4x4 Tech › Time to Rebuild Rear ADS shocks?
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Time to Rebuild Rear ADS shocks?
Howtos, reviews, and gear questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CLimon91
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject: Time to Rebuild Rear ADS shocks? Reply with quote

Hello,

So I bought my 08 FJ two years ago with 121k and it already had ADS Racing Coilovers and rear shocks. They didnt have any info on the shocks but it road nice, well now Im at 148k and just drive back from Sacramento to PHX and the rear felt like an boat on the grapevine. So I was wondering if these are even rebuildable and if I should do it soon? No leaks on the shocks and they look to be in good condition still.

Thank you,

Christian.
FatRat
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: Time to Rebuild Rear ADS shocks? Reply with quote

It appears they have some that can be rebuilt. I would call them and check for yours.

ADS rebuild service

glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Time to Rebuild Rear ADS shocks? Reply with quote

I'm a radflo dealer if they aren't leaking then I wouldn't mess with them.

CLimon91
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Time to Rebuild Rear ADS shocks? Reply with quote

Do you think I should get different springs? Oh those Radflo rear bypass shocks look amazing!
Ogresham8
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Time to Rebuild Rear ADS shocks? Reply with quote

Whoah whoah whoah... Where did you buy it from and do you have pictures? You may have my old rig and i am super curious. Is it black and Does it have a snorkel and aftermarket front bumper?

Ogresham8
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Time to Rebuild Rear ADS shocks? Reply with quote

And yes to answer your question ADS can be rebuilt and maintained. IF you have my old FJ and judging by your profile, you do that was the test vehicle for ADS shocks. Technically speaking it was the first FJ to have them.

CLimon91
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Time to Rebuild Rear ADS shocks? Reply with quote

Ogresham8 wrote:
Whoah whoah whoah... Where did you buy it from and do you have pictures? You may have my old rig and i am super curious. Is it black and Does it have a snorkel and aftermarket front bumper?
Holy shit! That's the one! Warrior front bumper, rear wings were blacked out, had 6 LEDs on the roof rack, 6spd, has a hole in the center console on the passenger side. I bought it from AZ euros.
Ogresham8
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Time to Rebuild Rear ADS shocks? Reply with quote

CLimon91 wrote:
Hello,

Christian here from Goodyear. Got this FJ from Mesa last August and Im pretty sure its from Tucson.

So looking at these pictures, I did not put that roof rack plate on, nor did i have those rims or UCAS but im 100% sure thats my old ride. The 6 lights around the perimeter were fantastic for camping and i miss that rig every day. The hole in the center console was not me either. I was very picky about my installs and tried to not drill major holes if any haha. Does it have the 50" light bar still?

Ogresham8
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Time to Rebuild Rear ADS shocks? Reply with quote

Here is a Video Of how it was setup haha youtu.be/0MZ0vqDFz_M

CLimon91
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Time to Rebuild Rear ADS shocks? Reply with quote

I put the drop in roof rack, wheels and tires, and the upper control arms. It had the unistrut for the led bar but no led bar 😭😭😭.
Nice to know it was from someone on the forums though! It's been a great time, still trying to figure out some sttering wheel shake, I think it's the ujoints, but other than that's it's great. Replaced all fluids, tie rods rear rotors and pads, and bedlinered the bumper last week.
Anything I should know about her!?
Ogresham8
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Time to Rebuild Rear ADS shocks? Reply with quote

CLimon91 wrote:
I put the drop in roof rack, wheels and tires, and the upper control arms. It had the unistrut for the led bar but no led bar 😭😭😭.
Nice to know it was from someone on the forums though! It's been a great time, still trying to figure out some sttering wheel shake, I think it's the ujoints, but other than that's it's great. Replaced all fluids, tie rods rear rotors and pads, and bedlinered the bumper last week.
Anything I should know about her!?

Hmm i dont know how far they dug into the wiring. At one point it had a blue fuse box wired in with solar and an onboard charger that i believe is still under the hood unless they removed it. In the rear across from the (was Silver) subwoofer there may be a wire loom with 12 gauge wire coming from the front to the back of the vehicle. But, i dont know what they did to it when they took her from me. Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> 4x4 Tech All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: