Friday, February 23, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Membership:
Latest: charlezevanildo
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2007

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 136
Total: 136
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › 4x4 Tech › Badland 12000lb Winch
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Badland 12000lb Winch
Howtos, reviews, and gear questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Splagg
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Badland 12000lb Winch Reply with quote

Any comments on this item? By default I'm wary of anything found at Harbor Freight...

$300 for a winch is pretty killer if it's not a pile of garbage...

www.harborfreight.com/...ptot020118

azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Badland 12000lb Winch Reply with quote

I had one they work fine they're big and heavy and we'll usually break your knuckles if you don't use the cord. I'd upgrade to synthetic...

fjlarry
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Badland 12000lb Winch Reply with quote

I'm of the belief that anything bought from Harbor Freight will break while using it or break the next time. YMMV

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Badland 12000lb Winch Reply with quote

Well, my first thought is that anything made by Chinese labor would be substandard, but who knows how much of the Warn, Comeup, Smittybuilt, etc are partially or wholly constructed of Chinese sourced parts.

My Warn 10000 lasted a year (And 3-4 uses )before the Solenoid burned out. So there you go. Don't worry, It will only quit when you REALLY need it. Right Mod Muscle?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Badland 12000lb Winch Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
... Don't worry, It will only quit when you REALLY need it. Right Mod Muscle?
Right!
๐Ÿ˜œ

For what itโ€™s worth, I have the winch in question and it has yet to let me down.
ratfink
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: Badland 12000lb Winch Reply with quote

I also have the winch in question. I bought the wireless remote also and it lasted less than 2 months.

calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: Badland 12000lb Winch Reply with quote

this thread might be of some use

www.azfj.org/index.php...pic&t=5970
Masada
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Badland 12000lb Winch Reply with quote

I went with a smitybilt X20 10K with synthetic rope for around $550, the warranty alone is worth it so. I'm not sure why a 12K LB winch is needed on an FJ, but if you have to have one that big I think they go up.

GL on your search

BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Badland 12000lb Winch Reply with quote

Masada wrote:
I went with a smitybilt X20 10K with synthetic rope for around $550, the warranty alone is worth it so. I'm not sure why a 12K LB winch is needed on an FJ, but if you have to have one that big I think they go up.

GL on your search

I run a Smittybuilt X20 12K synthetic. I went 12K because it would fit in my bumper and I figured more was better. Especially if I start towing a trailer. The whole winch and control box is located inside the bumper. Wireless stopped working but works fine when wired.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> 4x4 Tech All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: