Friday, June 22, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: JohnnyOutlaw
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2027

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 122
Total: 122
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › Overland EXPO 2018
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Overland EXPO 2018
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
azfjcrusin
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Overland EXPO 2018 Reply with quote

You guys mind if I join in either Thursday night or Friday am? Is there going to be an "FJ Camp?"
CeeFish
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Overland EXPO 2018 Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Cool! Bucket Boy!
ModMuscle and I are camping out Wed night on Schnebly hill rd. Then cruising in at gate open Thursday.

The show doesn’t start until Friday though...
jkfj08
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Overland EXPO 2018 Reply with quote

i am going to leave 1:00- 2:00pm Friday afternoon camp Friday night south of the Expo. maybe on Schnebly Hill Rd or on the east side off of Stoneman Lake Rd .
then go to Expo Saturday and camp some place again Saturday night and may go do Broken Arrow or Greasy Spoon on Sunday on the way home.

JKFJ08
BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Overland EXPO 2018 Reply with quote

I’m going to lead a group departing north Phoenix around 6:15 Friday morning to get to expo early. Mid-late afternoon we’ll be headed out to camp most likely out woody mountain road. It’s pretty secluded and not super well known to outsiders. It’s very close and we should hopefully be able to find a large enough campsite for everyone to come and camp. Hitting the dirt is about 10 minutes from expo

jkfj08
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Overland EXPO 2018 Reply with quote

Bucket Boy

is there a way to get to Woody Mountain off 17 or do you need to go to flag to pick it up and come back south. may try and meet up with you guys. cant leave until afternoon girlfrend is working until noon.

i am the silver FJ with the RTT you see sometimes on 17 around Dove Valley.

JKFJ08
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Overland EXPO 2018 Reply with quote

There's plenty to do on Thursday Mark. Looking forward to seeing you though.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Overland EXPO 2018 Reply with quote

jkfj08 wrote:
Bucket Boy

is there a way to get to Woody Mountain off 17 or do you need to go to flag to pick it up and come back south. may try and meet up with you guys. cant leave until afternoon girlfrend is working until noon.

i am the silver FJ with the RTT you see sometimes on 17 around Dove Valley.

JKFJ08

The only other way is possibly from Sedona but you’ll be on dirt for a WHILE. Especially with a standard lift and RTT. The best way is in from flagstaff which is how we will be dropping in. Fastest way there is go into flag on the I17. Turn left on university (just past the light before the Wendy’s) right at the next light, then left on Route 66. Follow that a mile of two and turn left onto woody mountain. Will turn to dirt pretty quick. I’m going to try to link some probable coordinates soon. We won’t be leaving expo till later afternoon. By the way I’m working back up in Cave Creek as of today so you may be seeing more of me.

8LFGRND
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Overland EXPO 2018 Reply with quote

Well, like Ratfink said, best laid plans. I have some heavy work going on this weekend but would love to sneak out and at least meet some folks in person if you guys can let me know where you decided to setup camp (or shoot a phone # to text via PM or however).

Otherwise, if some are planning Woody Mtn Road that would probably mean hitting the 532 from there to Purple Sage and in the race track way to the Expo so I can cruise around there and hope to bump into you cats out that way.

If you see a silver FJ with white shoes start hoot'n and holler'n and I'll invade camp! - Justin

AMACK2012
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Overland EXPO 2018 Reply with quote

I'm planning on going up early Friday morning for the Expo as well. Unfortunately, I won't be able to stay and camp. Need to come back to the valley for work Sat and Sunday.

BucketBoy, where are you planning on meeting/leaving from Friday morning? I am planning on heading up about the same time you are.

azfjcrusin
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Overland EXPO 2018 Reply with quote

The North Phoenix 6:15 meet up on Friday, is that I-17 Chevron? Gas station? Also anybody okay if I bring my puppy dog? He's pretty cool
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Overland EXPO 2018 Reply with quote

The Great Jimbolio & ModMuscle are camped out already in the 2010,11,12 Sedonafest field on Schnebly hill rd, near Mason tank. What a peaceful place when there aren't 70 FJ's in here. Took some AWESOME milky way photos last night. When we get them back from Walgreens, we'll scan them and post them.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Overland EXPO 2018 Reply with quote

COPIED AND PASTED FROM FACEBOOK: (sorry for the delay)

Here it is, the Overland Expo Explorers. I will be leading a Friday Morning group caravan to Overland Expo. Meetup address is listed above but it's the Chevron/4 sons off the I-17 and the Carefree Highway.
Itinerary:
Meet up 6:15-6:30am (meet and mingle) (patches for sale for 5$)
Roll out sharp at 6:45am (please be gassed up and ready to go, not just pulling in).
Stop in Munds Park Shell station to re-fuel (Big Red is a thirsty B****) and head to the show (hopefully get a line of AZFJers for a pic)
Meet at the FJs at 5:30pm to depart for camp. Roll out between 5:30 and 5:45pm for Walmart where we will meet anyone else at 6ish pm. From there it's out to camp. I'll check my GPX for some possible campsite coordinates. General plan is head south on Woody mountain road from route 66 towards East Pocket until we find a nicely sized Group site (all dispersed, pack it in pack it out). Anyone coming later look for the large group of FJ's - I'll will do my best to post some coordinates on this page where we are at. Next morning I'll be packing up and headed back to expo for the day. I depart for phoenix Saturday afternoon because F*** work. (JK love my job but they didn't give me Sunday off)Plans subject to changes so please stay tuned to comments on this event for updates

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Overland EXPO 2018 Reply with quote

Spotted at Expo:
Bucketboy
Pauly
Jagalicious
Dennx
LifestyleOverland
the old IT manager for City of Tucson
Jason from Primal Outdoors Youtube channel. *(who awarded me a fan hat)

Failed to spot:
Ceefish & BLiss (But I heard they were about)
Wikkid,Don,Puulboy,Arctictundra (etc. etc)

mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Overland EXPO 2018 Reply with quote

I saw Rachel and Mark!! 😀
CeeFish
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: Overland EXPO 2018 Reply with quote

Hi! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: