Thursday, April 19, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Membership:
Latest: charlezevanildo
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2008

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 114
Total: 114
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Classifieds › WTB: Rear Drive shaft dissconnect
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
WTB: Rear Drive shaft dissconnect
Sell all worldly possessions here. Commercial advertising prohibited, read forum rules.
Go to page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: WTB: Rear Drive shaft dissconnect Reply with quote

I'm looking for a rear driveshaft disconnect for flat towing the FJ. If you have one or now a good place to get one let me know. Thanks.

KD7YKB
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Photo Gallery
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB: Rear Drive shaft dissconnect Reply with quote

I think Compubmw used to have that setup on his FJ. He hasn't been on here in some time though.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB: Rear Drive shaft dissconnect Reply with quote

I thought I had seen someone posting about selling one on here a while ago, but that was probably a couple years ago.

KD7YKB
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Photo Gallery
nimrag
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB: Rear Drive shaft dissconnect Reply with quote

Lonibor1 has his FJ setup to tow behind his RV. He got his stuff through an RV dealer on Bell and 32 street area.
CRAZYJOHN
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: WTB: Rear Drive shaft dissconnect Reply with quote

remco is the brand we use to install at the other rv dealer i worked for,but they are no longer open

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: WTB: Rear Drive shaft dissconnect Reply with quote

Lazy dayz is no more? Maybe they should have stepped it up a notch to have some productive days.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
CRAZYJOHN
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB: Rear Drive shaft dissconnect Reply with quote

i don't know if i would trust the disconnect to hold up to 4 wheeling the shifting mechanism is on the rear axle getting hit and the drive shaft coupler looks weak.

spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB: Rear Drive shaft dissconnect Reply with quote

I was wondering how strong it would be, but the wife is concerned about me forgetting something if I was to crawl under the FJ and disconnect it myself. I think it would be easier to forget pulling a cable than unhooking a drive shaft.

KD7YKB
CRAZYJOHN
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB: Rear Drive shaft dissconnect Reply with quote

buy one so we can learn from you, but be careful.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB: Rear Drive shaft dissconnect Reply with quote

Might be simpler just to get a car hauler.
tucson.craigslist.org/...r&sort=rel

BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB: Rear Drive shaft dissconnect Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Might be simpler just to get a car hauler.
tucson.craigslist.org/...r&sort=rel

^^ THIS. You can avoid most problems from occurring with being towed behind, and potential prolonged wear on your tires. And you can't forget to put it on the trailer.

spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB: Rear Drive shaft dissconnect Reply with quote

We've considered a trailer. Car haulers require a place to park them. Many RV parks don't have a place for a trailer. Plus it adds weight and doesn't pull as easily.

KD7YKB
azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: WTB: Rear Drive shaft dissconnect Reply with quote

www.ebay.com/bhp/tow-dolly

spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB: Rear Drive shaft dissconnect Reply with quote

A tow dolly still requires a rear drive shaft disconnect.

KD7YKB
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB: Rear Drive shaft dissconnect Reply with quote

www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2...2952999023

As for leaving your trailer at the RV park, there usually is plenty of parking. At FJ summit, a lot of dudes haul their rigs up there and park em in front of the campsite.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: