Monday, December 11, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: AzRon
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1993

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 62
Total: 62
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › Duner's Memorial 11/26
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Duner's Memorial 11/26
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grinder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Duner's Memorial 11/26 Reply with quote

As most know, Duner has moved on to greater trails while he waits for the rest of us. Sadly we don't get to enjoy his smile and picture taking skills on anymore rides, but we can ride with his memory, we can have fun like he always did. We intend to do just that on Sunday (11/26).

Please join us all in remembering him. We are going to do a cookout/hangout at the McDowell Mountain Competitive Track Trailhead. We will have mountain bikers riding the Sport Loop and hikers can go across the park road to do a nice 4 mile trail, but we would like AZFJ to run the base camp.

Here are the main details:
What: Tribute to Michael "Duner" Schuette
When: Sunday, 11/26 10 AM - 3 PM
Where: McDowell Mountain Competitive Track Trailhead (East end of the park)
Who: AZFJ, Global Bikes, Stevebay (others may be joining as well) and anyone else wanting to join

Additional information:
Entry into the park is $6. I spoke with the park, but they just couldn't waive the fees. They are trying to get the bathrooms operational, but that is only tentative at this point.
We will have a donation method available for anyone wanting to contribute to Duner's final expenses.

We are looking for the following specific help:
Donation of food and cooking it if necessary for people attending (working on possible business to assist in this department)
Use of A/V equipment (Bucketboy?)

Please let us know if you can attend. Let's gather round and tell some stories and have some laughs, do a hike or a ride and pay tribute to the man we love so much.

IN:
Grinder+1.5
zzmikey+1
Connie+2
toyo22r
FatRat
Jimbolio+1.5
TOY4WD+1
LESZMOR
mod_muscle+2
azflycaster
BucketBoy

Last edited by Grinder on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:58 am; edited 7 times in total
toyo22r
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Duner Party 11/26 Reply with quote

I'll be there.

TLCA# 18990
FatRat
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Duner Party 11/26 Reply with quote

I'm there
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Duner Party 11/26 Reply with quote

Jimbolio & Spock for sure.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Duner's Memorial 11/26 Reply with quote

Awesome! Thanks for coming guys!

"New England Patriots - 2017 Superbowl Champs!"
TOY4WD
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Duner's Memorial 11/26 Reply with quote

Carol and I will be there.
Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: Duner's Memorial 11/26 Reply with quote

Sorry guys I can't make this noble event.
There will be a hearty toast tonight at Nimbus!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
LESZMOR
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Duner's Memorial 11/26 Reply with quote

Of course I will be there for this. I can barely write this with all the tears coming down. God you will be missed DUNER MIKE

mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Duner's Memorial 11/26 Reply with quote

We will be there. Three people total
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Duner's Memorial 11/26 Reply with quote

Thanks All.

Also, if you are on Facebook (or your spouse is), please have them RSVP to the FB event so we can keep an accurate count on attendees on there. thanks!

www.facebook.com/event...942581606/

"New England Patriots - 2017 Superbowl Champs!"
azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Duner's Memorial 11/26 Reply with quote

I will most likely be there.
FYI plenty of camping spots available there cool place......
maricopacountyparks.org/mcdowell

BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: Duner's Memorial 11/26 Reply with quote

BucketBoy will be there with Stickers for sale. 5$ with all profit going to Connie and family. Everyone please let me know if you want a specific (FJ) color by Wednesday morning so I can insure I’m prepared. I’ll also have some patches with me including AZFJ Patches. Once again All profit straight to his family. Good enough cause for the patch profits to go to and I don’t think anyone here will disagree with me. I will also bring some Audio support but someone else needs to provide the music. I have Bluetooth and Aux connection.

VaderGirl
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Duner's Memorial 11/26 Reply with quote

We only had the blessing of meeting Duner and Connie on one run. Had the pleasure of speaking with them for awhile. I am saddened for all of you that had such special friendships with him. May your wonderful memories with Duner over the years keep you smiling when you think of him.

I wish we could join this event, however, we have lots of family in town. I will say another prayer for Connie during our Thanksgiving circle.

VaderGirl

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Duner's Memorial 11/26 Reply with quote

If Tucson folks want to convoy meet in the dirt lot across from Circle K at 22nd & I10 at 0730. Let me know so I don't wait for naught.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Gone2Baja
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Duner's Memorial 11/26 Reply with quote

I'm sorry that I can't make it, I didn't know him very well but he certainly made an impression. He is in my prayers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: