Tuesday, October 17, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: DesertXplorer
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1978

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 39
Total: 40
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: BucketBoy > Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › Rice Peak Oct 8th. 1.0?
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Rice Peak Oct 8th. 1.0?
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:49 am    Post subject: Rice Peak Oct 8th. 1.0? Reply with quote

This will be an Over Mount Lemmon, down the backside and up Rice Peak run.

WHAT: Run up RICE peak with Bonus Down the back of Mt. Lemmon to see how bad the BURRO fire hurt us, if you wish. When we get to Oracle, we can head RIGHT to Redington pass to make the grand Loop. Or you can split off and head home!

WHERE: Meet up is the McDonalds at Catalina Highway / Tanque Verde Rd. 9075 E Tanque Verde Rd
MAP 32 253321,-110 824481
WHEN: 10:00 - Sunday October 8th to be Phoenix friendly.

LIMIT: we can only fit about 10 rigs up there at a time, but I'm not going to limit this. We can take turns.
HOW: CB 16, 146.46 Simplex (Talkin channel is the EAARS system 147.160 ML with PL 141.3.
STOCK OK

FOOD: Bring some, we can eat on the summit, or be hungry till we get to the top and then you can buy some fudge at the general store. You can always turn around and get Cheetos & Redbull at Circle K in Oracle.

WHO's IN:

Jimbolio

Trail review: azfj.org/index.php?nam...highlight=

www.trailsoffroad.com/...peak-fr-29

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Rice Peak Oct 8th. 1.0? Reply with quote

*BUMP* No Interest?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
AZFJ4AK
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Rice Peak Oct 8th. 1.0? Reply with quote

Three other commitments throughout that day or I'd go. Anybody doing anything the next Sunday?

PS - Going out to Reddington Pass some day next week to get off pavement. Any intel on the area about which we should be forewarned?
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Rice Peak Oct 8th. 1.0? Reply with quote

Not that I've heard. The FS said that damage (sterilization) was less than 1% which hopefully means the drainages didn't get clogged.

Texasmike
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Rice Peak Oct 8th. 1.0? Reply with quote

I did this trail recently and I wouldn’t mind doing it again, but the in-laws are in town while the kid is out for fall break. Sorry, I wish I could.
Aijams
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Rice Peak Oct 8th. 1.0? Reply with quote

Hey there, is this run a thing or has it been canned?
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Rice Peak Oct 8th. 1.0? Reply with quote

You're the first to sign up. So likely a thing. Hope to get more interest.

Aijams
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Rice Peak Oct 8th. 1.0? Reply with quote

Yep, I'm interested. Need to know about the trail: stock and noob friendly?
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Rice Peak Oct 8th. 1.0? Reply with quote

Yep. Stock an noob friendly

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Rice Peak Oct 8th. 1.0? Reply with quote

Spotted microbe says he may come Kidman57, you, me it will be fun

Aijams
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Rice Peak Oct 8th. 1.0? Reply with quote

Sorry, not going to make it afterall. Sad
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Rice Peak Oct 8th. 1.0? Reply with quote

Well, it's not a 1.0, but it's pretty tame all the way to the loose rock near the top. As previously revealed, the dead man's drop obstacle is no more. Literally obliterated and piled high on the side of the road where it used to be. There are some very small remnants but you wouldn't even know there was an obstacle there if not for the little tree that was your target on your Passenger side line.

There was another rocky obstacle right at the exit to the river bottom, but that's gone too. Sad.

I still needed to use my locker to get up the loose stuff because I wasn't aired down. (Simulating stock as much as I could). Still made it though.

So did Kiddman57, my partner in crime.

All in all it took 2 hours to do the whole trail (Round trip).

Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Rice Peak Oct 8th. 1.0? Reply with quote

Awesome!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Rice Peak Oct 8th. 1.0? Reply with quote

I put up some pictures on my Trail write up. Modified it from a moderate to Easy trail. (Except the last little bit, that's still a locker hoot).

And where the obstacle lives now. Sad

In it's glory days

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: