Wednesday, December 12, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: jameswise
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2065

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 93
Total: 93
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › 4x4 Tech › Starter removal
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Starter removal
Howtos, reviews, and gear questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eight08
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Starter removal Reply with quote

Hi Fellas! I'm trying to remove my starter and I was wondering if anyone knows a trick to get that pesky lower mtg bolt off. It's on really tight. Does the exaust manifold need to be removed? If anyone has any tips with r&r on my starter it would be greatly appreciated! 2007 FJ
Thanks Guys
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Starter removal Reply with quote

This Guy has a great idea to break that bottom bolt.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Eight08
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Starter removal Reply with quote

Thanks, watched it this morning. Headed in that direction....if only I could find a can. Been to AutoZone and wallgreens with no luck. Who sells this stuff? I'm looking at harbor freight right now.
nimrag
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Starter removal Reply with quote

Walmart should have it in the electronic department
Eight08
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Starter removal Reply with quote

Found some at hf. Not working and now the bolt is getting bunged up. What a day. I'm gonna step back and regroup for a minute.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Starter removal Reply with quote

Also try PB blaster

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Starter removal Reply with quote

listen to Jimbolio he has had some previous adventures with bolts:

azfj.org/index.php?nam...357#162357

also somewhere in the depths of discussion on the webs was this magical stuff

www.kanolabs.com

"
Loosens Frozen Metal Parts! ... Nothing Works Like Kroil
Kroil - An industry proven penetrating oil that has no equal. Used by 480 of the Fortune 500 companies!

Based on scientific discoveries at Kano Laboratories, Kroil creeps into millionth inch spaces, breaks bonds due to rust, corrosion, contamination, or compression and lubricates to loosen frozen metal parts.
Independent Research Report (Click Here)
Nothing Works Like Kroil - Solid Science

Kroil's unique, proprietary molecular architecture creates an affinity to metal that guarantees swift penetration, while maintaining a molecular structure capable of breaking bonds at the first molecular level. This unique molecular architecture was chemically engineered in the laboratory based on research which defined the interdisciplinary physical, electrical, mechanical and chemical properties which cause frozen metal parts. This research enabled Kroil to be chemically engineered to loosen frozen metal parts in every instance regardless of the cause. For more information, please read the independent Reed Research Report.

Money Back Guarantee
Guaranteed to meet your expectations - whatever they may be."

depending on you time frame:
www.amazon.com/gp/offe...dition=new
LESZMOR
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Starter removal Reply with quote

calichaos wrote:
listen to Jimbolio he has had some previous adventures with bolts:

azfj.org/index.php?nam...357#162357

also somewhere in the depths of discussion on the webs was this magical stuff

www.kanolabs.com

"
Loosens Frozen Metal Parts! ... Nothing Works Like Kroil
Kroil - An industry proven penetrating oil that has no equal. Used by 480 of the Fortune 500 companies!

Based on scientific discoveries at Kano Laboratories, Kroil creeps into millionth inch spaces, breaks bonds due to rust, corrosion, contamination, or compression and lubricates to loosen frozen metal parts.
Independent Research Report (Click Here)
Nothing Works Like Kroil - Solid Science

Kroil's unique, proprietary molecular architecture creates an affinity to metal that guarantees swift penetration, while maintaining a molecular structure capable of breaking bonds at the first molecular level. This unique molecular architecture was chemically engineered in the laboratory based on research which defined the interdisciplinary physical, electrical, mechanical and chemical properties which cause frozen metal parts. This research enabled Kroil to be chemically engineered to loosen frozen metal parts in every instance regardless of the cause. For more information, please read the independent Reed Research Report.

Money Back Guarantee
Guaranteed to meet your expectations - whatever they may be."

depending on you time frame:
www.amazon.com/gp/offe...dition=new
As with Jimbo's recommendation of PB Blaster it to is my go to P-Oil of choice which is readily available locally almost anywhere.

But I do have a co-worker who swears by that Orange Can Kroil stuff. I've been meaning to order a can of it to give it a try sometime.

toyo22r
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Starter removal Reply with quote

Ive been using Kroil for 20+ yrs. Best penetrating oil IMO. Though not as readily available on a Sunday afternoon when you run out. In such a case, ill use PB blaster as a substitute until i get another supply of Kroil.

TLCA# 18990
Eight08
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Starter removal Reply with quote

GOT IT OUT! Stopped by Sierra to ask Will what he thought. He went in the shop and brought out a "nut extractor". Basically a female version of a screw extractor. Coupel shots of pb blaster and snap...it broke free! Took snother 15 min to get the starter out and get the new one in. Ordered a new bolt from Riverview Toyota, ready for pick-up Tue am.
Big Thank You for the advise and opinions!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> 4x4 Tech All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: