Monday, December 11, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: AzRon
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1993

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 74
Total: 74
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 13-15
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 13-15
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 13-15 Reply with quote

WHAT
I am going to Sedona from Friday morning 10/13 to Sunday 10/15.

There are no planned events. Just a bunch of trucks hanging out, having campfires each night with pot luck style dinners and such as we feel like it.

There are no planned trail runs, however, there are numerous trails in the area as well as hiking.

I plan on driving up Friday morning, wheeling Friday and then setting up Camp Friday afternoon.

Wheeling again on Saturday or going into town. Probably eaither do a Broken Arrow sunrise or sunset run.

Playing Sunday by ear.

Feel free to join me if you like

Here is the thread from LY, about 10 trucks or so and lots of fun camping, hiking, wheeling, etc...
azfj.org/index.php?nam...ht=cobbler

3RD ANNUAL DUTCH OVEN COBBLER THROWDOWN!
On Saturday night, Connie will be defending her championship from last year. Do you think you can dethrone her and take the Golden Rolling Pin away? Let's see what ya' got!

RESULTS FROM LAST YEAR-
Contestants:
Consuelo Garcia - Apple Dumpling with homemade whipped Cream
Ray - Cranberry & Orange Marmelaid with white chocolate and walnuts with orange zest.
Joseph Hammer - Bourbon Blueberry & Peach

WHERE
FYI - we are going to the same spot we did last October (which is NOT the Sedonafest campsite)

The spot is further east on Schnebly, on the north side of the road and puts us closer to Sedona as well.

www.google.com/maps/pl...111.681147

There is room for 20+ trucks. It's dispersed camping, so first come first serve.

There are no facilities - no toilets, showers, etc... There are some in Munds Park if you need them.

There are no trash dumpsters. TREAD LIGHTLY. Pack out what you bring in.

Please bring a bundle or two of firewood - there are scarce pickings right around the campsite, so you could bring an Ax if you wanted to scour a bit.

Food is all on own for all meals - figure it out. I will most likley be cooking yummy breakfasts and dinners on my grill/stove

IMPORTANT INFO!

Please be aware that technically, a group of more than 25 people needs a permit, rest rooms, etc...

So, we will really need to spread out when we camp since this is not any offcial kind of event, etc....

If there are more rigs than 20, we can spread out to the next good camping area right down the road.

Also, very important not to call this an event, outing, etc... especially when talking to Rangers, Pink Jeeps, etc...

We also didn't plan any trail runs on purpose due to the strict nature of permitting. So please ensure if you do runs, that NO MORE than 10 rigs are with you. Pink Jeeps will report you

Also, please ensure you Tread Lightly. Pack out what you pack in, stay on marked trails, etc...

We will most likely be just fine, but better to be aware of the rules and such and prepare appropriately

TRAILS
You can download all waypoints for free from AZ FunTreks from here if you dont have a track:
www.funtreks.com/suv-4...nloads#six

Schnebly Hill Rd
scenic, very bumpy hill in and out of Sedona
azfj.org/index.php?nam...ic&t=10232

Hot Loop
azfj.org/index.php?nam...opic&t=653

Greasy Spoon
Bumpy trail with some fun climbs and descents. Typical beautiful views
azfj.org/index.php?nam...opic&t=285

Broken Arrow
Sedona's Signature Trail. Spectacular views, some fun obstacles, and lots of good hiking. Lots of traffic, especially from Pink Jeeps
azfj.org/index.php?nam...opic&t=246

Smiley Rock
A little bit off the beaten path from Sedona. Near Jerome and Mingus Mountain. Can be doable stock, need to be careful, but lots offun and challenging offshoots
azfj.org/index.php?nam...opic&t=807

Cinders OHV
Fun offroad park with cinder (like sand) consistency. whoopdie doos, climbs, descents, offroad track. Take someone with you who has done it before
www.riderplanet-usa.co...e_4b82.htm

Oakcreek Homestead
Another easy, but beautiful trail. Possible the rope swing is still up!
www.azfj.org/index.php...rums&t=662

"New England Patriots - 2017 Superbowl Champs!"
Bliss
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 13-15 Reply with quote

It was a good time last year. We are in!

FatRat
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 13-15 Reply with quote

I think I am going to try to make it. Might be tough because I will be back in school, but I am going to try.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 13-15 Reply with quote

iF'n I can offload these UofA football tickets, I'll try to be there.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
B1ackSh33p
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:51 am    Post subject: Re: Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 13-15 Reply with quote

Jess and I are in!
Gonna make something special for all ya'all this time! No cobbler participant this time, but some yummy grub for all you meat eaters that are attending. Oooohh, this is gonna be great!! Can't wait!

Helluva ride to the Dark Side!
CampFJ
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 13-15 Reply with quote

We are maybe most likely IN. Really just depends on work schedule in October and who is taking vacation at that time.

Grinder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 13-15 Reply with quote

I'm hoping we are in. Might entire a cobbler and my folks may join and enter a cobbler of their own.

zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 13-15 Reply with quote

Grinder wrote:
I'm hoping we are in. Might entire a cobbler and my folks may join and enter a cobbler of their own.

what do you mean hoping.... we require yours and Ken's entries to be judged (tasted)!

spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 13-15 Reply with quote

Sounds like fun. My calendar is clear that weekend so far.

KD7YKB
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Photo Gallery
SafetyHooker
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 13-15 Reply with quote

In
Where is the "IN" list? LoL

•(¯`•.¸.¸ <'))))»•{
Tight Lines All, Kevin aka SafetyHooker
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 13-15 Reply with quote

SafetyHooker wrote:
In

LOL, purposefully not an "IN" list. this isn't an "event" to ensure we dont have forest service issues Smile

First come, first serve for camping spots, with the one caveat that i get the same spot i had last year no matter what time i get thee, so i can have those two trees again for my hammock Wink

Last edited by zzmikey on Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 13-15 Reply with quote

zzmikey wrote:
SafetyHooker wrote:
In

LO, purposefully not an "IN" list. this isn't an "event" to ensure we dont have forest service issues Smile

First come, first serve for camping spots, with the one caveat that i get the same spot i had last year no matter what time i get thee, so i can have those two trees again for my hammock Wink

Nope 1st come 1st serve.....lol

azfj owners are the best
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 13-15 Reply with quote

glideraz wrote:
zzmikey wrote:
SafetyHooker wrote:
In

LO, purposefully not an "IN" list. this isn't an "event" to ensure we dont have forest service issues Smile

Nope 1st come 1st serve.....lol

yah, even if you can even make it that far down the road this time... Smile

glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 13-15 Reply with quote

That car is tottalled. ...
So its just the big chevy ill make it now

azfj owners are the best
MM1/SS
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 13-15 Reply with quote

We will try.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: