Monday, March 19, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Latest: charlezevanildo
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2007

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 100
Total: 101
Who Is Where:
01: TOY4WD > Home

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › 4 Peaks/El Oso Rd. scouting run
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
4 Peaks/El Oso Rd. scouting run
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:31 am    Post subject: 4 Peaks/El Oso Rd. scouting run Reply with quote

Did this trail back when I 1st got my FJ prior to becoming an active part of this group. I did pretty much what was reported by 4guaugesurprise did at the end of this report ( Was a little too hairy at the end of El Oso to complete and I've always wanted to complete it.

Headed up there Saturday morning August 12th and need a few brave souls to join me just in case I, or we, end up needing a "fun recovery". There has been plenty of rain so I am expecting HUGE WASHOUTS along this trail. This could very well be impassable, who knows?!?!?!? Sounds fun!!

If you plan on joining up, please note:
*Recommended* to have some decent tires
*Recommended* to not be shy to having your vehicle pinstriped, as this trail did the most pinstriping to my FJ of all trails I've ever done. El Oso tends to be quite overgrown (last I was out there) and the branches and bushes will not go around your vehicle.
*Recommended* you be a brave fool who is not afraid to get out and figure out a good recovery or shy to help anyone else out who is in need of a spot to help recover.
*Recommended* you be prepared with recovery gear and some "know how" to use your gear.
*Recommended* CB radio to comm with the other folks in the group. I don't have a HAM radio so, CB will be my only way of transmitting on this run.

Not that everyone isn't invited, I just want to put out that caution and not be to blame for the good time you will have and the fun stories that you will be left with when people ask you "what happened" to your rig after this run.

Run should take about 7 hours, at the very least, to get back to civilization from start to finish.
Bring a lunch as we will need to stop along the way to replenish ourselves.
Gas up before you head out as there is not a one drop of fuel out on this trail (goes without saying, BUT!!!).
Make sure you bring plenty of water and drinks just in case it is warm up in that area, which I'm sure it will be.

Meet up for East Valley peeps will be at QuikTrip at University and Ellsworth at 7:45am.
Depart from QT at 8am SHARP!!

Meet up for anyone else that would care to join will be at Four Peaks Rec Area meet up spot about 8/10ths of a mile from the highway 87 turn off to 4 Peaks Rec area here:'11.7%22N+111%C2%B029'44.2%22W/@33.669915,-111.4977867,768m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d33.669915!4d-111.495598?hl=en
The rest of the QT meet up peeps will be at this spot for air down close to 8:30am.
Should be up and back to air down/up in about 5 hours or so, pending on how much fun we have and what pace we can keep.

The BlackSheep -- 08' Black Diamond 4x4 AT
It's Black and Scratched
w/Dark Side Shift Knobs

Helluva ride to the Dark Side!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: