Monday, June 18, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: New2Az
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 2025

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 111
Total: 111
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › Cox Data
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Cox Data
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:26 am    Post subject: Re: Cox Data Reply with quote

Yellowmk2 wrote:
Not sure, usually 2-3 TV's streaming HD content, 1 kid playing roblox, and a couple more on ipads, paired with all home stuff (lights, thermostat, locks, music, video cameras). I guess it just all adds up. We are running 2 different wifi names so I bet I could see where it is actually coming from.

You guys should get out more... Wink

KD7YKB
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Photo Gallery
Thoreau
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Cox Data Reply with quote

spaldam wrote:
Yellowmk2 wrote:
Not sure, usually 2-3 TV's streaming HD content, 1 kid playing roblox, and a couple more on ipads, paired with all home stuff (lights, thermostat, locks, music, video cameras). I guess it just all adds up. We are running 2 different wifi names so I bet I could see where it is actually coming from.

I'm sure that was meant tongue-in-cheek, but there's a lotta truth to that suggestion. I dropped DirecTV a while ago, and I'm cheap, so I only subscribe to one, maybe two, video services at any given time, and usually with free trials. Hulu, Netflix, etc. I still run out of interesting things to watch (lack of commercials makes it go by even quicker) quite often. As a result, I've found that getting out is a dandy alternative. It's been good for ~25lbs of weight loss in the last six months too, so that's a bonus.

And of course it keeps my Cox account from having data overages from streaming. =)

Homedad wrote:
What are the odds of shooting at an FJ and not getting shot back???
azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Cox Data Reply with quote

I'm a year in to just ala carte TV. Don't miss a thing! Get a good HD antenna the quality and content are excellent. Then just get someone's password who pays for mainstream cable or satellite and get any sports with an app. Laughing
Full hip replacement on October 24th so I'll be on the move soon too!

Oh and 5g phones will be out within a year and this discussion will be obsolete!

4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Cox Data Reply with quote

azflycaster wrote:
I'm a year in to just ala carte TV. Don't miss a thing! Get a good HD antenna the quality and content are excellent. Then just get someone's password who pays for mainstream cable or satellite and get any sports with an app. Laughing

Oh and 5g phones will be out within a year and this discussion will be obsolete!
So your suggestion to the data cap is to use more data, and to spend a ton of $$ a marketing gimmick next year to use way more data but to pay someone else mire $$ for it?

Totes Legit

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: Cox Data Reply with quote

4GaugeSurprise wrote:
azflycaster wrote:

So your suggestion to the data cap is to use more data, and to spend a ton of $$ a marketing gimmick next year to use way more data but to pay someone else mire $$ for it?

Totes Legit
Data? What's data?

4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Cox Data Reply with quote

azflycaster wrote:
4GaugeSurprise wrote:
azflycaster wrote:

Totes Legit
Data? What's data?

Wink

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
aduljr
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Cox Data Reply with quote

i am on a cox business account, 150 down 20 up for 150 month. Support is better on the business side as well. Nice to have a tech show up the same day you call.

Yellowmk2
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Cox Data Reply with quote

spaldam wrote:
Yellowmk2 wrote:

Lmao, thats why i have an FJ. To get away from all these dam kids....jk. my wife nannies and we only stream. Cable might actually be cheaper to add back on
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Cox Data Reply with quote

welp the data add-ons are here!!!

www.cox.com/residentia...-data.html

after you use your 1050GB for the month ...

49.99 MORE a month for unlimited
29.99 MORE a month for 500GB

so yeah it seems getting the "roommate" account for 29.99 (Cox starter) is the better deal here.. get another 1024mb.... and shove the kids or low priority devices to the slower speed... what a headache.

I guess loosing millions of cable tv subscribers meant they have to get their blood somewhere else...

Last edited by calichaos on Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Cox Data Reply with quote

calichaos wrote:
welp the data add-ons are here!!!

www.cox.com/residentia...-data.html

after you use your 1050MB for the month ...

49.99 MORE a month for unlimited
29.99 MORE a month for 500GB

so yeah it seems getting the "roommate" account for 29.99 (Cox starter) is the better deal here.. get another 1024mb.... and shove the kids or low priority devices to the slower speed... what a headache.

I guess loosing millions of cable tv subscribers meant they have to get their blood somewhere else...

1024 GB to start. - I know, probably just a typo when you put MB.
Still bullshit, but currently there is no other option for anyone.
Sadly, the USA has sadly fallen behind many other countries when it comes to internet speed and cost.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: