Tuesday, October 17, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: DesertXplorer
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1978

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 60
Total: 60
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › PHOTOBUCKET Changes the game
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
PHOTOBUCKET Changes the game
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: PHOTOBUCKET Changes the game Reply with quote

So, didn't we already HAVE Unlimited 3rd party hosting before this?

PHOTOBUCKET LAUNCHES UNLIMITED 3RD PARTY HOSTING PLAN

Posted by Photobucket Press+ on Jul 6, 2017 in Press Releases | No Comments
Denver, Colorado (July 6, 2017) One of the world’s leading photo storage and hosting sites has begun notifying its largest commercial scale users that it will now offer an unlimited third party hosting subscription plan.

John Corpus, CEO of Photobucket, said that historically the company “relied heavily on advertising revenue but that major industry-wide changes in the advertising space have greatly impacted Photobucket, including the rise of ad blockers and the Company’s explosion of 3rd party hosting that generates zero revenue.”

“This model is no longer sustainable,” Corpus added.

Corpus noted that seventy-five percent of Photobucket’s costs originate from non-paying users leveraging 3rd party hosting. The majority of the industry has either eliminated 3rd party hosting or imposed variable pricing based on consumption. To address the market, Photobucket has added unlimited hosting to its Plus 500 Subscription plan at a competitive fixed price.

Photobucket modified its Terms of Use in the second quarter of 2017. The Company began notifying non-paying users through email and on-site messaging that the Plus 500 plan offers 3rd Party Hosting for both commercial and personal use requiring no development or technical experience. Photobucket users who elect not to subscribe to the Plus 500 plan are always able to access all of their photos and migrate to alternative solutions if they so desire.

In Photobucket’s 14-year history, the Company has amassed over 100 million registered users, over 15 billion images stored, with 2 million daily uploads and 60 billion photos accessed monthly.

“With all the photos stored and shared, nearly everyone interacts with a Photobucket hosted image on at least one page across the web over a sixty-day period, putting the photo hosting service as a significant part of the internet,” Corpus said.

Corpus said that “initial results for the Company are positive. This path to a more sustainable business model allows us to develop an even more robust product to meet our customers’ needs.”

“We are grateful for our customers’ continued support,” he added.

About Photobucket.

With over 100 million registered users, Photobucket Corporation is the world’s leading dedicated photo sharing service. The Photobucket user community uploads millions of images per day from the web and connected digital devices. Photobucket hosts, preserves and protects photos while bringing members advanced browsing, sharing and editing experiences. Each month Photobucket serves over 60 billion photos to over 3 million websites. Photobucket is headquartered in Denver, Colorado.

For more information about Photobucket, please contact press @ photobucket.com or visit us online at www.photobucket.com/faq.

© 2017 Photobucket.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

END

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
tibaal89
Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: PHOTOBUCKET Changes the game Reply with quote

I have a $5K laptop from work and it isn't powerful enough to handle all the Flash bullshit on their site. PB's been dead to me for probably about 8 years now...

check out my BLOG

Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Photo Gallery
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: PHOTOBUCKET Changes the game Reply with quote

So what do you use?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: PHOTOBUCKET Changes the game Reply with quote

I figured out how to fake out the website!! Wink

azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: PHOTOBUCKET Changes the game Reply with quote

Just go to share the photo, copy the direct link link and paste it it's kind of a pain in the butt but it works.......

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: PHOTOBUCKET Changes the game Reply with quote

No it will eventually time out

CeeFish
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: PHOTOBUCKET Changes the game Reply with quote

PB can shove it....I deleted my account and all of my photos.
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: PHOTOBUCKET Changes the game Reply with quote

CeeFish wrote:
Thats why i stopped putting up pics here....i did the same thing

azfj owners are the best
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: PHOTOBUCKET Changes the game Reply with quote

CeeFish wrote:

what do you use now?
and what do you use to post pics to this site?

"New England Patriots - 2017 Superbowl Champs!"
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: PHOTOBUCKET Changes the game Reply with quote

I hear that Flikr is the shiznit now.

LESZMOR
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: PHOTOBUCKET Changes the game Reply with quote

Yeah PhotoFuckit changed the game alright by ruining almost every thread on every forum we use. Oh & that great thing you quoted them coming up with called the PLUS 500 Subscription, is any one aware that they want you to pay $400 yearly fee for it. That's screwed up because all the old Pics shewed be Grand Fathered In. SCREW THEM Twisted Evil

LESZMOR
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: PHOTOBUCKET Changes the game Reply with quote

Oh yeah Jim Spotted you the other day on Grant under the railroad tracks heading east

tibaal89
Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: PHOTOBUCKET Changes the game Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
So what do you use?

Haven't posted much for years, not sure what I'd do these days honestly!

check out my BLOG

Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Photo Gallery
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: PHOTOBUCKET Changes the game Reply with quote

LESZMOR wrote:
Oh yeah Jim Spotted you the other day on Grant under the railroad tracks heading east

Hey LES!

calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: PHOTOBUCKET Changes the game Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
So what do you use?

well.. depending on the feature requirements

imgbb.com
picoolio.net
kek.gg
imageupper.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: