Saturday, November 17, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: gadzoom
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2061

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 202
Total: 202
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › Hiking Hanging Gardens again this weekend 06/24 - 25.
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Hiking Hanging Gardens again this weekend 06/24 - 25.
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Hiking Hanging Gardens again this weekend 06/24 - 25. Reply with quote

I'm heading up to West Clear Creek on Saturday with two friends, going to camp near the trailhead sat night then hike to the Hanging Gardens Sunday morning, then drive home. Time of departure is still a bit unknown as one friend has some work to do Sat morning (The life of IT nerds). If anyone wants to join, and understands that this "hike" is also a swim combined with trying to control your fall down the 700 foot cliff (that you have to climb back up later), let me know. I can give you the directions to the trailhead and meet up there. Lots of space for dispersed camping or you can meet us early Sunday and just do the hike.

When I'm at an actual keyboard, I'll look up and add the link to my write-up from 2 or 3 years ago. This is an amazing hike but it can really test your endurance.

Here's the video Duner made of last year's trip.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **

Last edited by 4GaugeSurprise on Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Hiking Hanging Gardens again this weekend 06/24 - 25. Reply with quote

Too hot

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Hiking Hanging Gardens again this weekend 06/24 - 25. Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Too hot
Quite the contrary, the vast majority of this hike is in pretty chilly water. I wouldn't recommend going if it wasn't over 100F.
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Hiking Hanging Gardens again this weekend 06/24 - 25. Reply with quote

Sad

4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Hiking Hanging Gardens again this weekend 06/24 - 25. Reply with quote

zzmikey wrote:
Sad
You just get all healed up proper so we can do ECDD when it cools off. With the extra credit climbing adventure. Smile
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Hiking Hanging Gardens again this weekend 06/24 - 25. Reply with quote

4GaugeSurprise wrote:
zzmikey wrote:
Sad
You just get all healed up proper so we can do ECDD when it cools off. With the extra credit climbing adventure. Smile

Deal!

duner
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Hiking Hanging Gardens again this weekend 06/24 - 25. Reply with quote

Marc, you should put up our youtube vid from fjduner. It has had over 1600 views. Love this hike, done it twice and would go if I wasn't going to New York this weekend!
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Hiking Hanging Gardens again this weekend 06/24 - 25. Reply with quote

duner wrote:
Marc, you should put up our youtube vid from fjduner. It has had over 1600 views. Love this hike, done it twice and would go if I wasn't going to New York this weekend!

Good point! Awesome video. Thanks.
Rastarider
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Hiking Hanging Gardens again this weekend 06/24 - 25. Reply with quote

Ugh. Nice. My daughter and I usually head out every summer but missed this year. I'm green. How was the water temp?

4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Hiking Hanging Gardens again this weekend 06/24 - 25. Reply with quote

Rastarider wrote:
Ugh. Nice. My daughter and I usually head out every summer but missed this year. I'm green. How was the water temp?

Water is always "just right" a bit chilly when you first get in but you get used to it right away. Seems to balance out the heat and exertion really well. The water coming from the spring at the gardens itself is COLD!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: