Thursday, August 17, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: RideAndHover
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1960

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 78
Total: 78
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › Shopping for an FJ
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Shopping for an FJ
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GillT
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Shopping for an FJ Reply with quote

I am thinking of buying an FJ Cruiser in the next month or so. I have an old FJ 60, but I want something my wife is more comfortable in. With that being said, I have a few questions.

1. Is there a big difference from one year and another and is there a model year better than another? They are all great, they are FJs right?!
2. On a new years ride, there was someone with what I would describe as creamsicle orange FJ. I like that color and don't see it a lot, was that particular to a certain model year? Is that Magma?

When I buy it I am sure to have questions to the group relating to accessories and protective mods.

A highly dangerous virus called "Weekly Overload Recreational Killer" (WORK) is currently going around. If you come in contact with this WORK virus, you should immediately go to the nearest BAR for "Biological Anxiety Relief".
IownanFj
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Shopping for an FJ Reply with quote

Try to steer away from 07s as Toyota shafted us with a weak rear end. That color you're referring to I THINK those were 13-14.

toyo22r
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Shopping for an FJ Reply with quote

I've got an 07 (March 07 build date), wheel it pretty hard and I've not had rear end issues. I wouldn't just write off all 07s because some people had issues with it, which if i recall were limited to very early 06 builds. I'd say maintenance and records or such is the key.

TLCA# 18990

Last edited by toyo22r on Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Shopping for an FJ Reply with quote

07 - 09 have the oil filter on top of the engine
10 - 14 have the oil filter on the bottom. You have to remove skids to change the oil filter.

I think the HP got boosted a little in 10.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Shopping for an FJ Reply with quote

Correct. The orange "Magma" was only available from 13-14. I would stick to 10+ as the rear difs are a little bit stronger

Homedad
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Shopping for an FJ Reply with quote

Buy mine.

09 brick pimped to the gills

fjlarry
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: Shopping for an FJ Reply with quote

I have a March 06 build and have 217K on it. I think if bad stuff was going to happen it would of by now. Good luck on your purchase.

GillT
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: Shopping for an FJ Reply with quote

I think from what I have heard, I am going to go with a 13-14 so I can find the orange color. It reminds me of being young in the 70s and 80s eating creamsicles, and it is my 2 year old daughters favorite color! Yes, some of my decisions are child like. I was already leaning to a later year because I felt that if there were any gremlins, they would be resolved in later years.

I did not know about the weakness in some of the 07s or the oil filter location. The only thing I had read was about it being a bit more difficult to add a second battery in the 10 and up years in the engine compartment.

A highly dangerous virus called "Weekly Overload Recreational Killer" (WORK) is currently going around. If you come in contact with this WORK virus, you should immediately go to the nearest BAR for "Biological Anxiety Relief".
BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Shopping for an FJ Reply with quote

2nd battery difficult? Yes. Impossible? No. Mine was pretty easy. But if you install a front bumper then you will most likely have to move the wiper fluid resivoir as well. Mines been relocated and dual battery plate installed. 2012

donkeypuncher
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Shopping for an FJ Reply with quote

I have an 07 with no rear end problems either
I will make you a smokin deal on mine

AZRich
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Shopping for an FJ Reply with quote

The 13-14 also has crawl control as an option if that's important to you.
azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Shopping for an FJ Reply with quote

Cream of Tomato Soup!

TOY4WD
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Shopping for an FJ Reply with quote

phoenix.craigslist.org...91854.html

Here you go. Even has creamsicle seats.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: Shopping for an FJ Reply with quote

Nice

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
CRAZYJOHN
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Shopping for an FJ Reply with quote

TOY4WD wrote:
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/ctd/6180991854.html

Here you go. Even has creamsicle seats.
What Jake no extra toyotas in the back yard??

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: