Tuesday, January 23, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Membership:
Latest: charlezevanildo
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2007

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 135
Total: 135
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › Asbestos Point Run (and Camping) - June 17th!
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Asbestos Point Run (and Camping) - June 17th!
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Asbestos Point Run (and Camping) - June 17th! Reply with quote

I won't be able to make it home so yes camping. If there's a tree maybe a hammocks to the roof rack and I find not I can sleep In the back of the FJ

noxious1
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Asbestos Point Run (and Camping) - June 17th! Reply with quote

in!

zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Asbestos Point Run (and Camping) - June 17th! Reply with quote

Just checked the fore restrictions - looks like no fires at all for us in Tonto National Forest (not even fire rings) when we camp.

We can use our stoves however. Just a heads up.

"New England Patriots - 2017 Superbowl Champs!"
swtribal
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Asbestos Point Run (and Camping) - June 17th! Reply with quote

Hey Mike,
I got a report from someone last week that said there were still a couple trees at the very top laying across the road. They didn't say what size. I'm actually in another group that is going to be running it the same day you guys are but we are heading over to the rim first then this one so we might be behind you. I was going to bring a strap and a sawzaw just in case nobody had cleared them by then. Just an FYI in case you beat us to it.

Owen
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Asbestos Point Run (and Camping) - June 17th! Reply with quote

Thanks Owen-

Ray is going to bring his chainsaw and I will have my saw, winch, and plenty of straps. There are always trees down somewhere on this trail, part of the adventure!

We will probably be on the trail around 10:30am or so once we get moving and will clear the way! Then heading to the rim after and camping by the ledge most likely on the eat side of the highway

duner
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Asbestos Point Run (and Camping) - June 17th! Reply with quote

Should we do our own meals or do you want to plan another Saturday night pot luck?
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Asbestos Point Run (and Camping) - June 17th! Reply with quote

duner wrote:
Should we do our own meals or do you want to plan another Saturday night pot luck?

Pot luck of course!

I will do house marinated BBQ Chix!

duner
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Asbestos Point Run (and Camping) - June 17th! Reply with quote

Connie said we will do a pasta salad with dinner and a dutch oven desert!
BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Asbestos Point Run (and Camping) - June 17th! Reply with quote

Let me know what you guys want. I can try and pick something up. Got a fridge now so that's exciting.

zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: Asbestos Point Run (and Camping) - June 17th! Reply with quote

BucketBoy wrote:
Let me know what you guys want. I can try and pick something up. Got a fridge now so that's exciting.

Perhaps something appetizery

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: Asbestos Point Run (and Camping) - June 17th! Reply with quote

Man I so want to come on this but he baby hasn't dropped yet. 😬

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: Asbestos Point Run (and Camping) - June 17th! Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Man I so want to come on this but he baby hasn't dropped yet. 😬

dude, wont be the same without you!
Induce her man!

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Asbestos Point Run (and Camping) - June 17th! Reply with quote

We were practicing some jumping moves last night. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Asbestos Point Run (and Camping) - June 17th! Reply with quote

Anybody else have a chainsaw? Ray can't come and I have info that there may be a couple trees at the top. I do have my amazing saw if not, but chainsaw would be a lot easier Smile

nimrag
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Asbestos Point Run (and Camping) - June 17th! Reply with quote

Several years ago, I was going to go with the payson jeep club to do some tree removal from a trail. They where trying to get permission from Tonto forest service to cut the trees blocking the trail. The forest service wanted them to get a wood cutting permit, but that only applied to "dead and down" trees, even though the trees where blocking the trail/road. I ended up not going, so I don't know what they worked out.

Just something to consider, since asbestos point is in the Tonto forest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: