Friday, August 18, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: RideAndHover
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1960

People Online:
Members: 2
Visitors: 42
Total: 44
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: Finn > Home
02: zzmikey > Home

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › Looking for fence contractor... not a wall, just a fence
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Looking for fence contractor... not a wall, just a fence
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Looking for fence contractor... not a wall, just a fence Reply with quote

Any personal experience with a wood / iron fence company?

Before I go buying all sorts of table saws and whatnot, maybe I should consider hiring a pro.
I have ≅40 Wrought Iron fence between my house and a busy street. I want to put wooden pickets between the iron to cut down sound and add some privacy. Also going to need to reinforce or add a couple posts to handle the added weight and wind. I was going to tackle this myself because how hard could it really be, right? Then I realized the spacing is not a common picket size and the existing iron could really use a cleaning (surface rust is starting to show) and painting.

I would try to bribe Jake to come up, offer food and lodging to help me do this right, but he's all busy with his cave farm or whatever Wink

So, anyone got a good fence person?

additional side note: My HOA is onboard with this idea, and several of the neighbors are wanting to do the same but never tried asking the HOA. So, possibly a few other jobs just like this if we can get it right.

EDIT: I am aware that this will do little to stop most of the noise from the street. My plan is to use this to look nice, then hang some Acoustifence behind it, then either some shrubs or another layer of pickets on the inside.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: