Thursday, April 26, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Membership:
Latest: charlezevanildo
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2008

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 102
Total: 102
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › MONSOON RUN TO THE BORDER 2017! All New, All Feature packed
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
MONSOON RUN TO THE BORDER 2017! All New, All Feature packed
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: MONSOON RUN TO THE BORDER 2017! All New, All Feature packed Reply with quote

That is an awesome video!!

I can't believe Precious got stuck!

Looks like a great run!
Texasmike
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: MONSOON RUN TO THE BORDER 2017! All New, All Feature packed Reply with quote

Had a great first run with you guys and look forward to the next one. Thanks to Jim for doing this run one more time for all of us. Hope it does continue in the future.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: MONSOON RUN TO THE BORDER 2017! All New, All Feature packed Reply with quote

mod_muscle wrote:
That is an awesome video!!

I can't believe Precious got stuck!

Looks like a great run!

Yeah, I thought you were coming.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: MONSOON RUN TO THE BORDER 2017! All New, All Feature packed Reply with quote

Texasmike wrote:
Had a great first run with you guys and look forward to the next one. Thanks to Jim for doing this run one more time for all of us. Hope it does continue in the future.

The Border Run has definitely :

for me.
Wiki wrote:
Jumping the Shark is the moment when an established long-running series changes in a significant manner in an attempt to stay fresh. Ironically, that moment makes the viewers realize that the show's finally run out of ideas. It's reached its peak, it'll never be the same again, and from now on it's all downhill.

I will never again lead this run, but I would tag along. Sorry, so much of the adventure was closed off to us. Nothing was as I remembered it. Sad

Last edited by Jimbolio on Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
BrentMG
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: MONSOON RUN TO THE BORDER 2017! All New, All Feature packed Reply with quote

Thanks again Jim!
That was a really cool first trip with the group!
toyo22r
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: MONSOON RUN TO THE BORDER 2017! All New, All Feature pac Reply with quote

Here is another view of the extraction.

youtu.be/YEY-buqtTAM

TLCA# 18990
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: MONSOON RUN TO THE BORDER 2017! All New, All Feature packed Reply with quote

That's GREAT!!!
I'm sure that will show up in a Meet and Greet Video.

TOY4WD
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: MONSOON RUN TO THE BORDER 2017! All New, All Feature packed Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
I will never again lead this run, but I would tag along. Sorry, so much of the adventure was closed off to us. Nothing was as I remembered it. Sad

Don't beat yourself up over it Jim. We all still had fun. Atleast Carol and I did. We appreciate what you do for the site and what you did for this run. If everything went as planned on these outings they wouldn't be adventures. The hiccups are what creates the most, and often, best memories. Like the winter trip to Asbestos Mine, we didn't make it but that trip was very memorable and really fun even though we failed to reach the peak.
duner
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: MONSOON RUN TO THE BORDER 2017! All New, All Feature packed Reply with quote

Don't mind the share Jim, had a great time and it was cool to see some different stuff. We will see ya soon!!
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: MONSOON RUN TO THE BORDER 2017! All New, All Feature packed Reply with quote

Jim your awesome and never forget it.

Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: MONSOON RUN TO THE BORDER 2017! All New, All Feature packed Reply with quote

TOY4WD wrote:
Jimbolio wrote:

Don't beat yourself up over it Jim. We all still had fun. Atleast Carol and I did. We appreciate what you do for the site and what you did for this run. If everything went as planned on these outings they wouldn't be adventures. The hiccups are what creates the most, and often, best memories. Like the winter trip to Asbestos Mine, we didn't make it but that trip was very memorable and really fun even though we failed to reach the peak.

Well said Jake!
Hear hear!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
B1ackSh33p
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: MONSOON RUN TO THE BORDER 2017! All New, All Feature packed Reply with quote

Jim, if I can lead a run half as fun as your runs I've been on, I'd be very happy with that.
Please don't give up on being our trail leader, man! I look forward to runs you lead and runs we get to run with you.
Remember the unexpected Boulder field you had to tackle on the night run at box canyon, with a trailer, no less!?!?!!! That was badazz!! lol

Helluva ride to the Dark Side!
MM1/SS
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: MONSOON RUN TO THE BORDER 2017! All New, All Feature packed Reply with quote

TOY4WD wrote:
Jimbolio wrote:

Nicole and I had a blast. Hope to get together for more runs. Sometimes the unplanned events are what creates the memories.

WhiteRhyno
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: MONSOON RUN TO THE BORDER 2017! All New, All Feature pac Reply with quote

Hey all, I enjoyed viewing the video of the recent run. Lots of awesome rigs and setups. I’m new to community and FJ aftermarket mods. There was a FJ featured in the thumbnail with a winch coming out of what looked like a stock bumper. I’m curious if that was custom or a kit. I’ll try to attach a screenshot to this post. It isn’t the US Off-road one I’ve seen before that replaces the lower valance. Just curious as I like the look of the stock front but would like the capability of the winch should the need arise.
Let me know if you know the owner of that FJ or can point me in the direction of the kit.
Thanks,
Ryan

B1ackSh33p
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: MONSOON RUN TO THE BORDER 2017! All New, All Feature pac Reply with quote

WhiteRhyno wrote:
Hey all, I enjoyed viewing the video of the recent run. Lots of awesome rigs and setups. I’m new to community and FJ aftermarket mods. There was a FJ featured in the thumbnail with a winch coming out of what looked like a stock bumper. I’m curious if that was custom or a kit. I’ll try to attach a screenshot to this post. It isn’t the US Off-road one I’ve seen before that replaces the lower valance. Just curious as I like the look of the stock front but would like the capability of the winch should the need arise.
Let me know if you know the owner of that FJ or can point me in the direction of the kit.
Thanks,
Ryan

That's my rig. That is an ASFIR (Az-fear) hidden winch mount. They stopped producing a while back, but have recently began reproducing FJ products and importing again.
You must remove entire front bumper, plastic and metal alike, to install hidden winch mount and then cut bumper around it. I went through a couple bumper skins to get it right. Don't believe I've ever seen or heard of another rig with this mount as it was purchased in lieu of the bumper (bumper is kinda fugly *lol*). The distributer at the time was getting rid of excess stock and talked me into how to mount it and replace my stock bumper. I made slight modifications to put it back to what I wanted. I have used the winch quite a few times for self recovery and to assist in recovering others and can attest to its winch mount strength.
If you end up purchasing an ASFIR product let me know and we can go in on an order together to reduce shipping costs. PM me for further info on purchase. I have a contact for the distributor here in the Phoenix area.

Helluva ride to the Dark Side!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: